Daario Naharis isn't so bad.

E-Ro

I remember this one moment in the book when Daario is feeling like he's the shit for sleeping with the queen and Barristan tells Dany how this guy is a douchebag and brags just because he's bedding her (he implies all this of course) and Dany does not give a fuck and lays back on her cushionized throne, bored out of her mind...

good god I almost threw my book against a wall

You're right, we don't know what the relationship among the three was. There's no reason to suggest that things were as you propose, though. Could be that they discovered that Darrio was embezzling from the treasury and they were going to bring him up on charges before the Stormcrows membership but he killed them before they could. No less likely than your scenario.

I'm not saying my example is how it was, im just giving one of many possibilities.

My example is unsupported, but just saying oh Daario made a hasty decision to kill them to get a paycheck is also unsupported. That has been said many times on this thread but we do not know what happened or what their relationship was like.

I remember this one moment in the book when Daario is feeling like he's the shit for sleeping with the queen and Barristan tells Dany how this guy is a douchebag and brags just because he's bedding her (he implies all this of course) and Dany does not give a fuck and lays back on her cushionized throne, bored out of her mind...

good god I almost threw my book against a wall

Playing devil's advocate, I think dany's whole life she's been used and abused for the pleasure if others and in daario she's finally doing something for her own pleasure. Having said that I was bored out of my mind reading the mereen stuff, just get to westeros already!

WOW. This has to be the most inflammatory hateful post I have ever seen in my life. This is extremely hateful and insulting to new jersians. Its just ridiculous because if you insulted any other group like this it would not be allowed, but hate against jersians is allowed by society. ridiculous.

Based on all I've seen of Daario, he's the Westerosi embodiment of "the Situation." I just can't take someone like that seriously, let alone like him. I don't hate the state of New Jersey. Hell, I live here. But I can't stand people like that. Even if he is a fictional character.

Based on all I've seen of Daario, he's the Westerosi embodiment of "the Situation." I just can't take someone like that seriously, let alone like him. I don't hate the state of New Jersey. Hell, I live here. But I can't stand people like that. Even if he is a fictional character.

To be fair to Daario, at least he doesn't speak in the third person. (I hope he hasn't. He hasn't done that, right?)

Daario is nothing like a Jersey Shore person, Daario actually does stuff

I mean stuff other than eating steroids and wishing he had real mob ties

Yeah, stuff like advocating for a Red Wedding in Meereen.

And killing his co-captains when they tried to have a democratic vote.

And going about bragging about having sex with the queen.

And dying his hair blue.

Ya know, cool person stuff.

Yeah, stuff like advocating for a Red Wedding in Meereen.

And killing his co-captains when they tried to have a democratic vote.

And going about bragging about having sex with the queen.

And dying his hair blue.

Ya know, cool person stuff.

1. There is and will always be only ONE Red Wedding.

2. Don't pretend you know the circumstances of what happened.

3. If I did it, I would brag too.

4. Yeh not dying your hair blue gets you automatically at the cool kid lunchtable

Thanks for the lecture on how to be cool

Daenerys is just having a good time with him, it's like a high school crush, the strong guy who is paying attention to the girl.

I really hope she starts to forget about him and it was dumb of her to marry Hizdarh, I mean, she wanted to secure Meereen marrying with this guy, but, why? She needs to get the hell out of there, she is being sieged and there are snakes in every corner, wanting to bite her.

I think Dany got a bit carried away with this ''free the slaves''. I really hope she recovers her senses or otherwise, please die and let Aegon conquer the throne

How can anyone hate him for the blue dye?? IT'S HIS FREAKING CULTURE AS ESTABLISHED BY THE AUTHOR OF THE FANTASY SERIES

It's not like he is a dude in feudal Europe dyeing his hair blue. He's from Tyrosh!!! In Essos!!! Do you think the hairstyles of the South of Westeros are any less stupid??

How can anyone hate him for the blue dye?? IT'S HIS FREAKING CULTURE AS ESTABLISHED BY THE AUTHOR OF THE FANTASY SERIES

It's not like he is a dude in feudal Europe dyeing his hair blue. He's from Tyrosh!!! In Essos!!! Do you think the hairstyles of the South of Westeros are any less stupid??

I don't hate him for his hair, but for his attitude, for him, Dany is just a bed warmer, a queenly one, you can be sure he will betray Dany in the first opportunity he has.

He is a Tyrosh and it's cultural, I agree with you, people are overreacting for his looks and this has nothing to do with the matter

Playing devil's advocate, I think dany's whole life she's been used and abused for the pleasure if others and in daario she's finally doing something for her own pleasure. Having said that I was bored out of my mind reading the mereen stuff, just get to westeros already!

This is short and sweet, and a very good point about Dany being the one to do what she wanted for once in her life.

This is short and sweet, and a very good point about Dany being the one to do what she wanted for once in her life.

Which is correct, but doesn't mean that what she wanted was a good choice. However, I think she has had quite a long run of doing what she wanted. She pretty much got to do what she wanted from only a few months after meeting Drogo. She may not like the results of her decisions, but she did get to make them.

Which is correct, but doesn't mean that what she wanted was a good choice. However, I think she has had quite a long run of doing what she wanted. She pretty much got to do what she wanted from only a few months after meeting Drogo. She may not like the results of her decisions, but she did get to make them.

I don't think that is quite true, her being able to do what she wanted within a few months of meeting Drogo. Her life, and what she could and couldn't do with it, was on a small tether that required Drogo's approval, not to mention......lots of getting anything past his blood riders, etc.

I don't have a problem with Dany and Daario as she wasn't trying to groom him for marriage, etc. My bigger problems with Dany are more about the things she should or shouldn't have done about getting things in order for Mereen, the idea of having fun with Daario on the side is the least of complications.

She went from being under Viserys thumb, to being under Drogo's thumb (granted, she came to like that) for want of a better word, to starting over with herself alone at the top, to preparing to marry The Hiz for others, not herself, and for once she did, at times in private, get to just be a regular young woman having fun with someone she enjoyed.

That was all I meant by it.

The actual act doesn't bother me, it's just the idea that she's doing it with this beast of a man. If she was doing it with Drogo, for instance, I wouldn't have issue with it at all.

Wait a second. Drogo is a hell of a lot worse person than Daario. He spent his whole life killing, raping, enslaving and robbing people. Not that Daario is a saint, far from it, but he hasn't destroyed the lives of many thousands like Drogo did.

Archived