Daario Naharis isn't so bad.

E-Ro

I actually like him, I dont want him to die I hope he remains Dany's paramour to show westeros that women have power too.

Yes, this.

But she keeps dreaming of the house with the red door, too:

“Is it Daario? What’s happened?” In her dream they had been man and wife, simple folk who lived a simple life in a tall stone house with a red door. In her dream he had been kissing her all over— her mouth, her neck, her breasts.

Yes, this.

But she keeps dreaming of the house with the red door, too:

Yea Daario is like the house with the red door too her.

In her heart she doesnt want to be Queen of Westeros, but she feels its her duty since she is a Targaryen.

And in Daario's case she wants to be with him in her heart but she feels as a Queen she can't take Daario as a husband

Nah, he's just a ponce. A badly dressed, weirdly haired ponce. I don't like the fact that he doesn't seem to do much more than swagger around going "Look at me, i'm sooo sexy..." Whoever said he was Planetos' version of Austin Powers is about right, except that Austin was always just about pathetic enough to be worth liking (i still prefer Dr Evil...). Other cardinal sins include 1) in your bloody face sex (sorry, i'm British. I can cope with a bit, but it gets a bit wearing after a while :blushing: ) 2) and not being funny, he's not got no sense of humour. Humour is why I love Brown Ben and Bronn. Heck, the comedy lisp made Vargo Hoat hysterical. Somehow wearing loud clothes and being overly flirty doesn't do it for me.

But whoever said it before, he is the only choice of love interest for Dany in Mirreen, but that's only because everyone else is either extremely dull or a eunuch...

I didn't like Ygritte much either, but it was her constant "You know nothings" that drove me up and over the Wall, she seemed nice enough apart from that. Oh and the jabbering during sex, i never quite worked out how Jon coped with that, maybe he stuffed a lot of snow in his ears. Shrugs.

I'm rapidly losing interest in Dany, with or without Daario, so whatever happens doesn't bother me.

Edit: removing accidental smiley

I'm not sure I can bring myself to actually make that "Mance is hot and let me tell you why" thread, sadly. The overwhelming evidence would just take way too long to compile, and I'm unfortunately not getting paid right now to wax poetic about how Mance puts every other man to shame with his transcendental hotness (which would include, but is not limited to, the fact that he's not an angry, uptight loser who goes to his bed as joyless duty, like someone else mentioned in that post).

How good is Mance? Even the awesome Tormund cedes him first place among Wildling leaders. As to hot, I'll leave that up to the double-X chromosome people.

Ah, so we're running into the old stumbling block of how to some people "douche" means annoying while others associate it with "an important tool" or "an item of interest." I guess it's true. The really annoying people in high school got that way by also being interesting. It was all the interesting things they were saying and doing that made them so annoying.

I call him Jizrag the Lorax, or Hiz the Jiz for short.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to actually make that "Mance is hot and let me tell you why" thread, sadly. The overwhelming evidence would just take way too long to compile, and I'm unfortunately not getting paid right now to wax poetic about how Mance puts every other man to shame with his transcendental hotness (which would include, but is not limited to, the fact that he's not an angry, uptight loser who goes to his bed as joyless duty, like someone else mentioned in that post).

I always thought your type was more, slightly lazy nautical wayfarers skilled in the boatly arts and a healthy selection of yacht rock?

He's also the one that told her to fake a marriage and kill all the slavers. I'll give him that one. I really don't know why people beef with him so much. He's just one of the other characters that exist in the story. Dany' needed a man, but the man needed to be less than she was so that he didn't just become Drogo 2.

oh, Jersey Boy, please,

you are just miffed that people oppose GTL, which Daario *cl-eea-rlyy* is a firm believer of

Gym? -- umm he IS a sellsword, check

Tanning? --- yeah, it's popular in Mereen, if by popular you mean unavoldable, as the UV rays bombard willy nilly whereever you go, check

Laundry? -- well IIRC our brah of the Naharis has been described as a clean boy, so lemme *check* that for ya!

so there you go, people aren't a fan of this; it might be irrational hatred, but Jersey Shore still exists in Planetos, it's a travelling circus known as the Stormcrows, we might as well call his beard 'the Situation'... Daario isn't hated for something he DID, he is hated cuz he IS :P

He's an annoying peackock who talks the talk but hasn't been seen walking the walk, and his presence makes Dany's already overly long arc spiral into annoying swooning towards him. I don't hate him like I hate, say, Littlefinger, but he doesn't have many qualities.

On the other hand, Show!Daario is pretty nice; he's a cocky, swaggering guy who has showed that he can back up his claims in terms of being a badass. Much better than his book incarnation.

Yea Daario is like the house with the red door too her.

In her heart she doesnt want to be Queen of Westeros, but she feels its her duty since she is a Targaryen.

And in Daario's case she wants to be with him in her heart but she feels as a Queen she can't take Daario as a husband

So you're saying that saying that Dany should marry someone else then (openly?) cheat on him for girl power? How about respecting you're chosen mate (or finance, she chose to engage herself to Hiz). A king or queen getting action on the side has not once been viewed in a positive light. She should take off her crown if she wants Darrio or marry him and try conquer with him as her husband (which would effectively turn the nobility against her and he would make a terrible King).

I think for me the issue with Daario is that I feel like he might be a barrier to Daenerys' invasion of Westeros idea in the same way that the Dothraki are. If Daenerys marries Daario or makes him her consort, this reduces her ability to form valuable marriage alliances. (Oh, and can anyone really see the lords of the Seven Kingdoms accepting Daario as their king? Even if Daenerys somehow convinces men like Stannis or Lord Randyll to bend the knee to her, they would balk at bending the knee to a foreign mercenary as well -- it would be even worse than the Meereneese bending to Dany, actually, since he won't have any nobility at all).

The fact that she seems to need his approval makes it difficult for her to make sensible decisions at times -- she doesn't seem to fully acknowledge that his motivations are unrelated to hers. He may be faithful to her and he might even love her but the fact is that he doesn't really care if she ever sits on the Iron Throne. Based on their interactions, he isn't just a lover.

oh, Jersey Boy, please,

you are just miffed that people oppose GTL, which Daario *cl-eea-rlyy* is a firm believer of

Tanning? --- yeah, it's popular in Mereen, if by popular you mean unavoldable, as the UV rays bombard willy nilly whereever you go, check

Laundry? -- well IIRC our brah of the Naharis has been described as a clean boy, so lemme *check* that for ya!

so there you go, people aren't a fan of this; it might be irrational hatred, but Jersey Shore still exists in Planetos, it's a travelling circus known as the Stormcrows, we might as well call his beard 'the Situation'... Daario isn't hated for something he DID, he is hated cuz he IS :P

WOW. This has to be the most inflammatory hateful post I have ever seen in my life. This is extremely hateful and insulting to new jersians. Its just ridiculous because if you insulted any other group like this it would not be allowed, but hate against jersians is allowed by society. ridiculous.

WOW. This has to be the most inflammatory hateful post I have ever seen in my life. This is extremely hateful and insulting to new jersians. Its just ridiculous because if you insulted any other group like this it would not be allowed, but hate against jersians is allowed by society. ridiculous.

well if Daario surfed, did yoga, wore dreads and shopped for Kombucha at Whole Foods, no one would hate them... californians win at things, jersians do not

oh, Jersey Boy, please,

Being from Jersey, I can tell people that most of us here are not like the idiots on the Jersey Shore. I take comfort in learning that some of them aren't from here originally anyway, but like many others, come to clutter up our beaches. Just saying, I am from New Jersey and the men I've dated and the one I married, is nothing like The Situation, or anyone else like them.

I don't picture any three incarnations of Daario (BookDaario, TvDarrioTheFirst and coming soon to a tv near us all, Tv Daario the Second) as the stereotypical Jersey Shore Fake Ass reality show type, but maybe with or without the colored hair, I could picture him in a garage band from my youth. Bon Jovi was nothing to sneeze at in his early days, and well......most here still do love the hell out him. He has lots going for him, talent personality, and one of the sexiest things about him is knowing he's been married so long.

Daario might be more a wannabe Bon Jovi, minus all that talent, of course. I guess Daario could be considered the more flamboyant type rock star or should I say, wannabe rock star. It's like attaching himself to Dany might get him discovered, but he also does seem to see and appreciate Dany for those Fire and Blood qualities.

Whats wannabe about Daario. Hes Captian of the Stormcrows and hes screwing the Queen, boasting about it pulblicly and causing consternation within her court. Considering that this guy started off with nothing and worked and took chances for everything he has I think he deserves a little more respect from people.

Archived