Daario Naharis isn't so bad.

E-Ro

The first thing he does when he's introduced is betray his partners. Cuts their heads off and beings them to Dany, in fact. How can he be thought of as anything but treacherous? It's what he does, it's pretty much what all sellswords do.

We do not know what the relationship between the co-captains was like. It may have been something that was brewing for a long time and had the support of most of the army, we don't know. The way they spoke to Dany in the meeting suggests they were pretty evil characters, maybe they were just so insane the rest of the company had enough of them and OKed Daario to get rid of them.

That's just a possible example, we don't know enough to say how treacherous that act really was.

The first thing he does when he's introduced is betray his partners. Cuts their heads off and beings them to Dany, in fact. How can he be thought of as anything but treacherous? It's what he does, it's pretty much what all sellswords do.

I'm honestly surprised she trusts him enough to go armed in her presence. I suppose it's just her naivety but I just see him as a character who would turn on her the instant he grew bored and it was in his interest. This whole fling has seemed little more than him gathering a story for telling to other mercenaries about that time he bagged a queen.

The really repulsive thing about that whole situation, even beyond Tywin's hypocrisy about whores in general and Tyrion's whores in particular, is that he was boning the woman his son had been with, and who had testified -- in truth had lied -- to help convict him. If it had been just some random prostitute, it would still have been galling to me as a reader, but it was SHAE.

Yeah, it's not like Tywin was one to forget who she was and what her testimony was and the subsequent implications.

Nah, I don't like Daario one bit. Fashion aside....he betrayed another just because she was hot. I am sure if Dany wasn't attractive and young he wouldn't have done anything, let alone pay her any bit of respect or interest. I doubt he would of valued or cared for her if the only thing she had was inner beauty, like intelligence. Or, if something did happen to her looks or status, he would take off.

I also can't over his brag with sleeping with a thousand women. Ark. Sorry. Gross. It is not endearing, it is not manly, and geez, surprised he hasn't caught something, or have a dozen bastards. He is a true slut. He is cocky. Also reflects his own inner instability and inner issues. He isn't cool or badass.

He is opted for a Red Wedding type event. He is known to be cruel and brutal. Barristan Selmy himself thinks of Daario of nothing but a slow poison towards her. To me, he is just a huge turnoff, a wannabe macho. He isn't a real man to me. It is also a bit of a given, that if Dany had wanted him to be loyal and faithful only to her for years to come, that he wasn't going to do it. Have some fun with a stylish Queen, then move on someday.

So what if their mutually affectionate with one another? Lot's of couples have mutual attraction towards one another, but not all of them have it safe, healthy, or overall be have it be a good thing. Sometimes it can be abusive. And you can't really ignore that fact, and not offer help or interven in some way, let alone ignore. Just because they like each other, doesn't mean that Dany and Daario are "right" for each other in terms of long term health and stability, and that we should be happy go lucky and think it is totally okey dokey and ignore the potential risks. I find that Daario would just lead to more problems than actual aid in the long run for Dany, both in her position and emotionally, instead of being a genuine partner in some way.

Even if they were just enjoying some one night stands with one another with no strings attached, it wouldn't lead to anything positive either. Just because they give other great orgasms doesn't mean there is implications later on.

Altogether, he also seems to be more of a rebound for Dany. She is still a kid, and likely he reminds her a little bit of Khal Drogo here and there. Both are leaders, both are exotic, both have beards and flashy statements that prove their prowness in battle. She thinks she loves him, but it isn't a real love. She is attractive to a vain and dangerous person, for the memory, and perhaps for some sort of "normal" thrill or interest into her otherwise very unconventional upbringing and life Maybe can go as far as to see Daario as almost a replacement of a comfort she once briefly had, putting him up in some sort of image. I hope she learns from it, and moves on well. For if also one day, if she chooses to have another lover or husband later in life, that he would be at least a decent person, an equal partner in either position and/or in spirit, someone worthy, where she finally experiences what it is like to have a good man, and how a good man offers real benefits. Bad boys are painfully overrated.

And Dany, indeed, clues in that he wouldn't "love" her if it weren't for all the titles and physicall appearances, and her pretty and very rare bloodline. In the end, they are both sort of in a personal relationship for the wrong reasons, investing in something shallow and uncertain, and an undertermined result. I was actually expecting him to one day betray her. She thinks he might give her moments of understanding, but she seems like she is basing that on a brief fantasy of Khal Drogo, or just have a desperate connection with someone. And, just because she is eating fried meat outside and thinks that Daario would have a good larf at it and dig in doesn't mean he "understands" her. She is putting what it means to understand someone in the wrong place and definition. He doesn't truly, not in a real way. Being able to comfortably eat messy together doesn't really mean anything. Her maids and Missandei have shown better understanding of her than he does. They witnessed so much more, they were helpless victims too, they loved and loss heavily, and been by her side throughout everything she has been through in recent years. She is probably just putting some wishful thinking upon Daario, wanting almost desperately some sort of intimate male figure to understand her (Maybe some way, looking into the wrong places too). She lost her husband suddenly under a unglamourous fashion, she lost a trusted advisor and companion via betrayal, she been through a very long term abusive relationship with her brother before losing him, she never knew a father or her other brother. So far all the types of men that were supposed to be significant in her life have either hurt her, been around for only a very short time before being gone again, or were never there to begin with. Even her child, who happened to be a boy, was lost to her.

Daario would have to do something incredibly and drasticly noble and selfless in order for me to change my mind.

Geez, been making a lot long posts lately, I need to cut back a little :P

he's a thug, a backstabbing thug who has no principles or honor whatsoever not to mention how much of a "look at me character " he is

all of what was said in mind : he's just not interesting , he's a waste of ink if you ask me

We do not know what the relationship between the co-captains was like. It may have been something that was brewing for a long time and had the support of most of the army, we don't know. The way they spoke to Dany in the meeting suggests they were pretty evil characters, maybe they were just so insane the rest of the company had enough of them and OKed Daario to get rid of them.

That's just a possible example, we don't know enough to say how treacherous that act really was.

We have enough to go on that Daario DID cut off the heads of two people who trusted him not to.

Anything else is irrelevant to how we should view him because with what information we have available we cannot know anything else. Any conjecture you come up with is pointless because it has no basis in fact.

For example: I hear that the other two captains had actually figured out the cure to the Grey Plague, and were going to use the gold from their contract to synthesize the cure and distribute it to the world, eliminating the disease forever. Daario however, was evil incarnate and realized that he could stop the cure AND shag a queen if he killed his co-captains.

Do you see why speculation is pointless from this perspective? Apply occam's razor and consider Daario's actions.

he's a thug, a backstabbing thug who has no principles or honor whatsoever not to mention how much of a "look at me character " he is

all of what was said in mind : he's just not interesting , he's a waste of ink if you ask me

I won't say he is a waste of ink, he is supposed to be disliked, he is an arrogant character, in a good book we see all types of characters, and the arrogant ones are part of it

I find him to be funny in a ridiculous way (the hair, the clothes the swords, the mannerism), but at the same time I feel that he is not worthy of Daenerys and that he should distance himself from her and her from him. She has a city to rule, she shouldn't be shagging badboys. And I'm saying that a reader who's rather ambivalent to Dany.

That said, I do not truly care for wether he lives or dies, and I'm good with either.

I also can't over his brag with sleeping with a thousand women. Ark. Sorry. Gross. It is not endearing, it is not manly, and geez, surprised he hasn't caught something, or have a dozen bastards. He is a true slut. He is cocky. Also reflects his own inner instability and inner issues. He isn't cool or badass.

I wonder if Dany ever considered how many of those thousand were in a position to consent. As you mentioned, someone else mentioned Tyrion and the threat of STDs. The thing is, Tyrion actually talks up his whoring more than it actually is (reflecting at one point in the books that he has had something like a 2 year gap in his sex life iirc).

Daario is probably a walking patient zero.

I recently had the opportunity to watch Critters 2: The Main Course, featuring those lovable rolling tumble-weed aliens who kill humans real hard whenever they land on earth. The relevance: most of the characters in the movie were set up to annoy you or irk you in some minor way, so that when the aliens started chomping on everyone you sort of cheered to see these people get mauled. It was part of the perverted thrill of the series. Hence, we've been given Daario and select others.

We have enough to go on that Daario DID cut off the heads of two people who trusted him not to.

Anything else is irrelevant to how we should view him because with what information we have available we cannot know anything else. Any conjecture you come up with is pointless because it has no basis in fact.

For example: I hear that the other two captains had actually figured out the cure to the Grey Plague, and were going to use the gold from their contract to synthesize the cure and distribute it to the world, eliminating the disease forever. Daario however, was evil incarnate and realized that he could stop the cure AND shag a queen if he killed his co-captains.

Do you see why speculation is pointless from this perspective? Apply occam's razor and consider Daario's actions.

Yet your conjecture has no basis in fact.

We have exactly zero information about the relationship, we don't know who trusted who.

I don't see why I can't speculate on possibilities when you and hand others are calling out facts that are not facts. Their first appearance was in the tent with Dany, we know exactly NOTHING else about how those 3 characters and the rest of the company were dealing with each other.

Please no. Not Ed's wig.

Not the full blown wig, but I think he may need to take the wig and work on a few extra locks of his own. Plus, it looks like this guy's hair is a bit darker than the Daario the First. HAR, the world is getting populated with LOTS of Daarios, that must drive some BSC as it is.

I just decided today to name him The Hiz, but yeah, Arch had a point too, about all of them. At least I can say and think Daario's name without tripping all over my own tongue.

I call him Jizrag the Lorax, or Hiz the Jiz for short.

Whhhaaat? Mance>Daario

Where is the Mance is a super hot man beast thread?

Whoa brah, I thought you were better than this. I didn't realize you were a wildlingist. They are his people, and he saved everyone of them. You say Stannis smashed him with 5000 men, I say Mance got all his people to the other side of the wall taking minimal casualties.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to actually make that "Mance is hot and let me tell you why" thread, sadly. The overwhelming evidence would just take way too long to compile, and I'm unfortunately not getting paid right now to wax poetic about how Mance puts every other man to shame with his transcendental hotness (which would include, but is not limited to, the fact that he's not an angry, uptight loser who goes to his bed as joyless duty, like someone else mentioned in that post).

I'd have to say Mance is the more interesting and intriguing character out of the two.

I don't get why Mance gets such a bad rap for wanting to save human beings North of the Wall, and well, not being too keen on kneeling to a bunch of Lords just because of what family they were born into. I don't think it's fair to say he was just leading a bunch of rapists South, as we've seen, there seem to be rapists in every host that is assembled and in every society. The Wildings have their good and bad, weak and strong, just like everyone else.

I think young Mance would have been more interesting, Daario is finally much easier for me to figure out, it's just will or won't he give up on Dany and on her embracing anything of her true dragon. The fact that Mance is more complicated is, to me, what makes him more interesting, if not.......as clean as Daario, LOL If I recall, even Dany looks back (HAR) and realizes that it took the sack of Mereen to update his wardrobe and his look, LOL

The thing is, the whole wlidling culture is based on rape. Its part of their marriage ceremonies. Mance knows full well how they will act south of the wall, and the suffering it will cause. But he doesnt care. He is also aware of the threat of the others and still willing to bring the wall down, knowing full well that it will mean the others get south. imo, daario is morally superior to mance.

e-ro is bored and in "troll" mode don't take him seriously (it's good advice for most of his non-stannis related stuff)

Nah brah, im serious with this. Still struggling to understand the hate directed at him, so far it seems like people don't like his blue hair, i guess.

Fair enough. I think its also fair to say we shouldn't blame him for things that haven't happened.

I call him Jizrag the Lorax, or Hiz the Jiz for short.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to actually make that "Mance is hot and let me tell you why" thread, sadly. The overwhelming evidence would just take way too long to compile, and I'm unfortunately not getting paid right now to wax poetic about how Mance puts every other man to shame with his transcendental hotness (which would include, but is not limited to, the fact that he's not an angry, uptight loser who goes to his bed as joyless duty, like someone else mentioned in that post).

LOL, I have seen some of the posts with the Lorax tag in it, LOL

I'm with you on waiting to see.......if The Mance or the Young Mance requires a such a thread, too. His musical skills do speak to me though, I'm a sucker for a talented musician with a larger than life personality. That is just a starter for Mance. Maybe such a thread will be worthwhile someday, afterall........HOW LONG til TWOW?? Le sigh.

Archived