Dissapointing characters

Shadwell

House Martell wrote most part of the Book of Disappoitment so far.

It started with the Red Viper, who had one of the stupidest deaths in the series.

Then Arianne. I was expecting so much more, but instead she just made stupid moves. I thought she was going to shake things up with the Myrcella plot, but everything went down. And I felt really bad for Myrcella as well... She didn't deserve it.

And we have Quentyn. I never put much faith into the whole marrying Dany idea, but I didn't expect him to die like that. It was even more stupid than the Red Viper's death. I was literally facepalming while reading his chapter.

I also don't really see Doran Martell's plan working very well...

Oberyn was awesome until he let emotion get the best of him and had his skull crushed.At least his death can herald perhaps the most destructive character yet.

The emotion was fine, but he got too cocky at the end. He could have continued to torture Gregor at a longer distance.

Joffrey. I wanted more from the evil boy king of the story than him just being...well, the evil boy king. He's not even the kind of villian who can Love to hate. You just hate him. A lot.

And there are a few others but I won't go into those because naming them might get me maimed and murdered.

I gotta go with Robert Strong. Not sure where Martin is going with this, but out of all the resurrections this to me is the most stupid and it even cheapens the story in my eyes.

Finding Gregor Clegane back (possibly with no head) was my #1 "Did the series jump the shark" moment. I was okay when Lord Beric was resurrected (it added a new twist), went "eh" when FrankenCat was resurrected and threw in the towel when "Robert Strong" came about.

Yes Vis wasn't nice. But compare him to Drogo, Mass rapist and murderer. In fact the best rapist and murderer of all the dothraki.

Viserys was a great character, similar to Theon. I think he would have ruled with an iron fist like Theon, or Tywin or Stannis. Without mercy and slightly cruel but not a complete psycho.

Had he won he would definitely ruled with an iron fist but not like Tywin or Stannis. Because Tywin and Stannis are actually smart. Viserys is delusional about his situation and thinks the people of westeros would rise to fight for him, when in fact he is completely wrong. He is so ignorant he thinks the Greyjoys would fight for him. He would have gone on a rampage through the Westerlands, Stormlands, Vale, North, and the Riverlands, just to get back at the Houses that overthrew him. He would have been as bad, maybe even worse than his father and Joffrey.

He also was stupid enough to walk around Vaes Dothrak with a sword when it is made clear to him that is a big no-no. Is he tragic?Yes. Did he deserve what he got? Yes.

Lancel - kills a king in aGoT, shags a queen, becomes a spy and defends a city in aCoK, but by the end of aFfC is a pathetic, self-flagellating vegan hipster. If there were cafes in KL he'd be there reading 'high' literature and pulling the moral high ground on climate change..."yeah man, winter is coming, and it's the governments fault".

Samwell: his story seems to just be nothing and hasnt had anything to do with anything bar the one chapter in oldtown

To be fair, Sam figured out how to kill the others, and his trickery got Jon elected LC. So I'm not sure saying he's done "nothing" is accurate.

I could not stand Sam after he left Westeros.

This. Especially considering if he intends to help Jon, he has two books remaining to learn what he needs to, return to the wall, and pass on this knowledge. Considering it took an entire book in autumn to reach Oldtown, this is now bordering on impossible

Quentyn Martell, because what was the point?

To eliminate Dorne as an alliance for Dany.

Speaking of, she's by far the biggest disappointment to me. Starts off promising and just dives off a cliff to the point where now she's just unbearable and awful.

I'll also add Robb and Oberyn.

The Others are moving south at a glacial pace. In AGOT's prologue they were a few days north of the Wall, and now they're at Hardhome... a few days north of the Wall.

Totally agree. They are presented as this big treat to Westeros and they still haven't done anything that makes them look as dangerous as they should be. I mean, as long as you're not beyond the Wall you're save.

Archived