lizard lions are not crocodiles

Tommen Beetsbane

Yeah, like a gator with lion features, which is exactly what I have been arguing this whole time. I even linked a picture.

Not really. Look at our depiction that I linked, and then consider George's response when he saw it:

"A nice lizard-lion; Boye [Ran: the artist] does fine work. "

They're just very large creatures that look basically like crocodiles/alligators.

Thanks for that quote, Ran. I hope this settles it.

I dont think she would do that. Joff is more of a stag then a lion anyway, so I think she would be less inclined to think of joff when hearing the word lion. IF there were stags in the neck it would make sense for sansa to compare them to joff and think of them in those terms. So clearly we cant draw conclusions from this.

Also, we didnt account for sansa not paying attention to septa lemore, its very likely Sansa just mixed her animals up and got lizard lions confused with alligators.

"He is not in the least like this old drunk king!"

Not really. Look at our depiction that I linked, and then consider George's response when he saw it:

"A nice lizard-lion; Boye [Ran: the artist] does fine work. "

They're just very large creatures that look basically like crocodiles/alligators.

Hmm, this would seem to settle the issue. I fought the good fight. That being said, maybe they are magical and different kinds of lizard lions, some that look more like crocs and some that look more like lions? Actually now that I think of it that sounds right.

"He is not in the least like this old drunk king!"

That was way later on in the story though, after she had more of an impression on robert.

I am going to go ahead and state with absolute certainty that either this will definitely happen or he will be in a swamp chariot pulled by at least two FMC's that he occasionally whips for extra speed.

I haven't read all of this thread so this is going to be completely unrelated, but imagine if Howland's intro was him riding up on a fucking massive crocodile.

(Ignore the fact that riding a crocodile would be next to impossible)

I haven't read all of this thread so this is going to be completely unrelated, but imagine if Howland's intro was him riding up on a fucking massive crocodile.

(Ignore the fact that riding a crocodile would be next to impossible)

This is possible and likely even highly probable. After all, we know he made his entrance into the world outside the neck in a little 'skin boat'. Our first thoughts are that this is a boat made of some sort of hide or skin, but it's probably more than that. Alligators float, like boats, and the First Men can slip the skins of other animals. So probably, definitely floating on an alligator down the river towards the Isle of Faces. Probably why he was able to slip past the Twins so easily. The Freys look like rats and alligators eat rats so all the Freys on watch probably ran away and hid. Plus, the Dothraki call ships 'wooden horses' so it would make sense for the crannogmen to call alligators 'skin boats'.

obivously thats the great other, no doubt about it

I'm really disappointed. I was hoping the next time you came in this thread you would explain the way you came about identifying this as such a controversial topic. Do you mind taking a moment to describe your process to us?

I'm really disappointed. I was hoping the next time you came in this thread you would explain the way you came about identifying this as such a controversial topic. Do you mind taking a moment to describe your process to us?

honestly i didn't see this as controversial, it just kept bothering me cuz i couldn't picture what a lizard lion would look like. i was hoping someone would help explain that when it devolved to this

• 1 year later...

Archived