Small Questions v 10017

Stubby

Thank you. Mind if I ask how you know?

Big and Little Walder were 8. So was Ned. Boys don't usually become squires until adolescence or very near adolescence. Jaime was 11. But knights to be first serve a few years as pages. Those boys would typically be wards.

What has happened to Whitewalls? The Butterwell castle. Has it been torn down completely, or does it exist during ASOIAF? Or did Randyll Tarly rebuild it?

Bloodraven that badass mofo obliterated it completely. Here is the quote from The Mystery Knight

"And Whitewalls?" asked Butterwell with quavering voice.

"Forfeit to the Iron Throne. I mean to pull it down stone by stone and sow the ground that it stands upon with salt. In twenty years, no one will remember it existed. Old fools and young malcontents still make pilgrimages to the Redgrass Field to plant flowers on the spot where Daemon Blackfyre fell. I will not suffer Whitewalls to become another monument to the Black Dragon." He waved a pale hand. "Now scurry away, roach."

:)

I read that in Mystery Knight. But I was wondering if it was confirmed in ASOIAF that the castle had been razed, or if Randyl Tarly was rebuilding it alongwith Maidenpool.

Oh forgive me then, I can't answer that for a certainty. As long as I know, it has not been mentioned in ASOIAF at all.

I read that in Mystery Knight. But I was wondering if it was confirmed in ASOIAF that the castle had been razed, or if Randyl Tarly was rebuilding it alongwith Maidenpool.

Oh forgive me then, I can't answer that for a certainty. As long as I know, it has not been mentioned in ASOIAF at all.

It hasn't been confirmed, that I can find. But I wonder if they ever fished Cockshaw out of the well. :)

I have another D&E q. Was Lord Butterwell's first wife dead due to which he remarried?

I assume so, but I can't find a quote. He lost two sons and he has a daughter married to Black Tom so I assume he at least had one before the Frey girl.

Did King Bob plan to name Joffrey (calling him prince makes me puke!) prince of Dragonstone when he comes of age?

Probably not. Stannis was made lord of Dragonstone in the aftermat of the Rebellion, because Robert felt like that castle needed a strong leader who could hold the stronghold. Joffrey would have inherited the Iron Throne. I think the "making the crown prince Prince of Dragonstone until he is crowned king" thing disappeared when the Targaryens lost their grip on Westeros and Robert came into the Throne.

What has happened to Whitewalls? The Butterwell castle. Has it been torn down completely, or does it exist during ASOIAF? Or did Randyll Tarly rebuild it?

Whitewalls has been mentioned once in asoiaf, in aFfC, when Septon Meribald is talking to Brienne. He's talking about the times of king Aegon IV though, so Bloodraven hadn't gotten to the castle back then.

“No,” said Septon Meribald. “When the smith’s son was an old man, a bastard son of the fourth Aegon rose up in rebellion against his trueborn brother and took for his sigil a black dragon. These lands belonged to Lord Darry then, and his lordship was fiercely loyal to the king. The sight of the black iron dragon made him wroth, so he cut down the post, hacked the sign into pieces, and cast them into the river. One of the dragon’s heads washed up on the Quiet Isle many years later, though by that time it was red with rust. The innkeep never hung another sign, so men forgot the dragon and took to calling the place the River Inn. In those days, the Trident flowed beneath its back door, and half its rooms were built out over the water. Guests could throw a line out their window and catch trout, it’s said. There was a ferry landing here as well, so travelers could cross to Lord Harroway’s Town and Whitewalls.

So Bloodraven's line about "In twenty years, no one will remember it existed" didn't come true. It's about a hundred years later, and there's at least one person who remembers Whitewalls. :)

I can't remember if Whitewalls is on the maps of Lands of Ice and Fire. I don't have my copy anywhere near me right now. But I'm guessing that Whitewalls is completely gone, and only the memory remains.

Probably not. Stannis was made lord of Dragonstone in the aftermat of the Rebellion, because Robert felt like that castle needed a strong leader who could hold the stronghold. Joffrey would have inherited the Iron Throne. I think the "making the crown prince Prince of Dragonstone until he is crowned king" thing disappeared when the Targaryens lost their grip on Westeros and Robert came into the Throne.

Whitewalls has been mentioned once in asoiaf, in aFfC, when Septon Meribald is talking to Brienne. He's talking about the times of king Aegon IV though, so Bloodraven hadn't gotten to the castle back then.

So Bloodraven's line about "In twenty years, no one will remember it existed" didn't come true. It's about a hundred years later, and there's at least one person who remembers Whitewalls. :)

I can't remember if Whitewalls is on the maps of Lands of Ice and Fire. I don't have my copy anywhere near me right now. But I'm guessing that Whitewalls is completely gone, and only the memory remains.

Thanks. It's not on the map, I tried searching for it. All I know is that it is close to Maidenpool.

Bloodraven that badass mofo obliterated it completely. Here is the quote from The Mystery Knight

:)

Too bad the Ned wasn't around. Him and Howie Reed coulda torn that bad boy down with their bare hands and built cairns for all those damn traitors.

Is Dorne inpendent. Or are they sworn to the IT en they just were allowed to keep calling themselves princes and princesses?

Dorne is sworn to the IT, however they became part of the 7 kingdoms through marriage rather than conquest. As a result, Dornish law still applies in Dorne.

Archived