Game of Thrones Season 4 Trailer Release Date?

SnakyPringle

I would be sort of surprised if the tagline isn't the north remembers although that probably should really be saved for season 5 or 6 even. Does anyone remember if we were given a heads up that the teaser would be on?

I highly doubt we'll see another "the North remembers" after its inclusion in the video In Memoriam.

I hope we get one soon. But I don't know if a trailer would make it easier or harder to wait.... I hope it's Oberyn; that'd be badass. I think fans could use some promise of badassery after the season 3 finale.

Yeah. At this time last year we had a 3 minute video on the new characters and the actors/actresses playing them. It was at this point we got the short video with the voiceover and date, and the first in production type video I think came in December.

So, yeah. They've given absolutely nothing at all so far. Not that they are under any obligation to do anything at all, but it'd be nice if they kept up with what they had done in seasons 1-3. But I guess that's over with now.

Perhaps it's a sign that season 4 will be starting later than we're used to, so the weeks when they decide to do this are pushed up?

Well, they did give us that 'In Memoriam' clip in comic-con, which as someone else said might technically count as the teaser since it advertises season 4 in spring 2014. Even so, I thought our first glimpse into actual season 4 material would have already happened.

Also, for the teases, it looks like they hardly ever put in monologues which are used for the actual show: Stannis never said these lines, if I remember correctly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKsP4fi3jL0

Maybe that's all that there is to it. Could they have been behind schedule?

Nah, that's not the case. Charlie from Emergency Awesome also speculated that the trailer sould be coming very soon in a video released yesterday. He also speculated that it will adress the Purple Wedding, saying something like "Save the date".

Nah, that's not the case. Charlie from Emergency Awesome also speculated that the trailer sould be coming very soon in a video released yesterday. He also speculated that it will adress the Purple Wedding, saying something like "Save the date".

And your point is? Unless he has sources close to production his speculation means absolutely nothing. I could speculate that we won't see a trailer until a day before the premiere date, and that wouldn't make it true.

And your point is? Unless he has sources close to production his speculation means absolutely nothing. I could speculate that we won't see a trailer until a day before the premiere date, and that wouldn't make it true.

My point was mostly for the content of the trailer (PW), just one more speculation.

My point was mostly for the content of the trailer (PW), just one more speculation.

Oh, right, I thought you main point was that there would be a trailer soon :P. Now that they have missed the BE finale, I don't see them doing a trailer until True Detective premieres in January. Treme's ratings are just too low, it wouldn't make sense to debut a trailer before it. However, before the TD premiere we should get something in HBO's end of year video.

As for your point as to the content of a trailer, I fully agree that they should focus it on Joffrey's wedding. Assuming the callsheet is true and they are doing the wedding in episode 2, they won't have much time to build up towards it in the show itself. Having the trailers build up hype for it would be very wise in my opinion.

I'm also curious as to what they are going to do for episode 9. I remember two years ago (well, 1.5 years ago), they put out trailers specifically for Blackwater to build hype for the battle. I wonder if they will do something similar for the battle at the Wall...

Archived