Most Dangerous Character Guessing Game (Resurrected)

Captain_Falcon

Really? She's the girl who uses her dragons as a potpuri... :)

You mean the girl who went from almost alone in the desert to conqueror and ruler, with thousands of unsullied, the best soldiers in the world, in addition to 500 Stormcrows, 2000 Windblown, 500 Second Sons and countless freed men behind her? Yeah, because no matter what she has done with them so far she is the only dragon rider in the world. Also, in my opinion quite a competent ruler and ruthless enough when she has to be, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Well, alright, I don't mind that much. If any of you want to exclude D&E characters from the list, let me know.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Just form the topic in a way that it's apparent - i.e. Favorite minor character alive during the 5 books. (If we can include dead once, like Lyanna, we will be able to include both Dunk and Egg as well since they've both been mentioned).

You mean the girl who went from almost alone in the desert to conqueror and ruler, with thousands of unsullied, the best soldiers in the world, in addition to 500 Stormcrows, 2000 Windblown, 500 Second Sons and countless freed men behind her? Yeah, because no matter what she has done with them so far she is the only dragon rider in the world. Also, in my opinion quite a competent ruler and ruthless enough when she has to be, but that's a discussion for another thread.

To me that says competent but slow.

My list:

1)Peter Baelish
2)Varys
3)Tywin Lannister
4)Roose Bolton
5)Danaerys Stormborn
6)Walder Frey
7)Cersei Lannister
8)Tyrion Lannister
9)UnCat
10)Ungregor
11)Faceless Girl (Arya Stark)
12)Jaime Lannister
13)Sandor Clegane
14)Randyll Tarly
15)Stannis Baratheon
16)Sam the Slayer
17)Ramsay Snow/Bolton
18)Euron Greyjoy
19)Jaqar Hagan
20)Lord Manderly

Yeah, I think the discussion was to do favorite "minor" character which we were thinking of defining as all characters except POVs and the 20 most mention (of courses there is a lot of overlap between those two). That would mean the following are excluded:

Most Mentioned:

Jon Snow

Tyrion Lannister

Arya Stark

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Eddard Stark

Catelyn Stark

Cersei Lannister

Robb Stark

Samwell Tarly

Stannis Baratheon

Joffrey Baratheon

Theon Greyjoy

Robert Baratheon

Brienne of Tarth

Tywin Lannister

Davos Seaworth

Petyr Baelish

Other regular POVs:

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Arianne Martell

Asha Greyjoy

Areo Hotah

Arys Oakheart

Quentyn Martell

Barristan Selmy

Jon Connington

Melisandre

Perhaps we should include Dunk here as well?

Prologue and Epilogue POVs:

Will

Maester Cressen

Chett

Pate

Varamyr Sixskins

Merrett Frey

Kevan Lannister

Keen to send my list. Are we going with these and D&E as the exclusions?

I think dead characters should be included. I mean, who doesn't like, for example, Maester Aemon? Just be reasonable and don't include someone like Baelor Breakspear. I mean, if the character mostly appeared in D&E and was only briefly mentioned in main novels, don't include them.

Think why you like the character, and then imagine you never read D&E. Will you still like this person? If yes, sure, put him/her on your list.

And by the way, think animals should be included too, but if you guys have objections, go on.

I'll make the post in 3-4 hours, meanwhile, feel free to suggest something here. If nothing changes, we'll be going with the list in upper post and with D&E excluded.

I actually thought about this and I think if characters died in timeframe of five ASOIAF books, they should be included in the list, but if they died before AGOT, maybe it would be better to not include them.

I don't know...maybe we should include dead characters that we never see but still greatly influence the actions of the living such as Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar. The repercussions of what they did are important to the story. Characters like Brandon and Rickard Stark, not so much. Hard to say :dunno:

Maybe we should look at the possibility of favorite dead character at some point :P

I don't know...maybe we should include dead characters that we never see but still greatly influence the actions of the living such as Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar. The repercussions of what they did are important to the story. Characters like Brandon and Rickard Stark, not so much. Hard to say :dunno:

Maybe we should look at the possibility of favorite dead character at some point :P

Well, I think there would be a lot of discussion then, who is important, who isn't and so on. I guess we'll stick to characters that died in the timeframe of five books and the living ones.

Archived