Four More Drinking!

Fragile Bird

tequila has been the beverage of choice at casa mercenary as of late. i love tequila...i really do. and people tend to love me. and they show this love with bottles of nice tequila. our bar has quickly been overrun with the delicious and personality changing nectar. so, we are doing our best to bring the population back under control.

last night we had many very simple margaritas on the rocks of course.

the other beverage that we have entirely too much of is rum, a large punch made with sparkling wine, rum and fruits for a world cup party will get that under control.

MC, how much habanero did you put in your simple syrup? A whole one? With or without seeds? :P

I mentioned the drink last night and people are willing to be guinea pigs....

it was one half of a habanero (seeds intact and 10 blackberries) to 1/2 a cup each sugar and water.

you strain it out. but, it does still carry a nice spicy back note.

Whoof. Just back from my parents. My Nana who helped rear me and to whom I'm very close is in hospital, and likely to die soon (very severe aortic stenosis with max gradient 90mmHg, after having pulmonary flooding on Saturday).?I spent the last two days down there, and while she is out of her induced coma, semi conscious and mostly lucid, we can't in all conscience advocate for intervention again. It's sad and heart rending and the right thing for her.so tonight, my red wine is for her.

Thanks you guys.

I must say I'm intrigued bty the blackberry habenero syrup. I can see how it would work, with an earthy sweet spice. I will have to make it this in september when the blackberries are ripe.

I have a ladder that has been getting me quite a bit of beer lately. No, I'm not using it to sneak into upstairs windows. Several of my neighbors have needed to remove ice dams or snow this year, I do it every year because my house has more "historic charm" so they've all seen me dangling, hammering, endangering myself and know I have one.

Here's what I got last night on my porch: (third time borrower)

Ommegang: Take the Black

Brewery Vivant: Big Red Coq

Founders: Centennial IPA

Bells: Amber

Bells: Two Hearted

Victory: Yakima Glory

This winter can keep on going as far as I'm concerned. :cheers:

I've been drinking a Cornellana carmenere from the Cachapoal Valley in Chile the last couple of nights. It takes me a few nights to drink a bottle of wine, which I why I have not opened one in months (I said I was trying to do 2 drinks a week, only) but it's been a rough week.

Archived