Unpopular opinion

Das_Boof

Well, I can't speak about every forum and fanbase under the sun. We are discussing this one, and many new posters express their surprise to see how Tyrion or Dany are criticized on this board, or how Sansa and Cat are loved... But, I do admit that you have a point. These days it's hard to say any opinion is popular or unpopular.

The Wider Fandom tends to be mixed on Cat. Theres love and hate and some in between. Then theres my mum. (She loves Cat to bits but saw some of her moves as painfully stupid, but she can relate to the why in what Cat did.) The Wider Fandom appears a little more ambivalent to Sansa and often dont focus too hard on her. The general consensus is "Sansa was really dumb in the first book/season. But shes kinda cool now."

:laugh: This is my opinion of him as well. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else, but the truth is he's just an asshole who's willing to stoop to levels other are not. I can't wait for him to get his comeuppance.

Yeah. At least Loki is a lovable bastard who really does get sneaky. Littlefinger's sneaky is low tier in comparison. Hes still sneaky but really shitty about it and hes like "i shall create chaos!" Where im going "dude, wheres the fun? Where is it? Oh right...Varys has it. :P"

- I don't think Catelyn abused Jon

- I think that Tywin was the most evil character and I do think the Lannisters are villains

- There are no heroes in this story

- I love Rhaegar and Lyanna simply because they are Starks and Targaryens and they might be my Jon's parents.

- I also don't blame Rhaegar and Lyanna for RR I think if Aerys would have acted right than it would never have come to war

- My hatred of Tywin and Robert steams back to their actions and attitude towards Elia and her children and I will always HATE them

- I don't dislike the Martells and have indifference towards them as individuals and as a house but Elia is my favorite character

- House Targargen was done wrong in Robert's Rebellion and I think the houses involved in TWot5K are getting paid back in full to what was done to the Targaryens, though the Starks don't deserve what was done to them.

- The only characters in this story that are tragic is Elia, Viserys, Catelyn, and Ned

- I think Ned trying to save Cersei's children was the most heroic and selfless thing in the series

- I don't care who is AA as long as it isn't Jamie

- I wouldn't care if the Others win

I don't find Bronn to be cool or at all that interesting, furthermore he is a highly overrated fighter that would be easily defeated by a lot of the character people pretend he is equal too.

I know most people aren't posting to this thread to argue their opinions, but I can't resist here.

Littlefinger is overrated as a player. He is still in the game because of luck and Varys needing him to create chaos in the realm.

Who isn't in the game because of luck? Every major player has had lucky breaks, it doesn't diminish their status as players. Framing the Lannisters for Jon Arryn's death wasn't luck. Killing Joffrey wasn't luck.

Littlefinger wants to be Loki, but he fails miserably. :P

Loki got his ass handed to him in the first movie he appeared in, while Littlefinger has only gone up and up. (I assume you're talking about the Marvel Film character, not the actual mythological God)

:laugh: This is my opinion of him as well. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else, but the truth is he's just an asshole who's willing to stoop to levels other are not. I can't wait for him to get his comeuppance.

He is an asshole, but not "just an asshole." Contrast him with Janos Slynt. Similar backgrounds, came to King's Landing and moved to positions of authority. Slynt is also an asshole who stoops to levels others wouldn't. But he's a moron, so he gets punished for it. Littlefinger, on the other hand, has charmed and schemed and backstabbed his way into usurping both House Tully and House Arryn. No small feat

Loki got his ass handed to him in the first movie he appeared in, while Littlefinger has only gone up and up. (I assume you're talking about the Marvel Film character, not the actual mythological God)

Again, someone didnt see Thor 2. Gawd, people, go see that shit!

Littlefinger fans crack me up. *munches popcorn*

Again, someone didnt see Thor 2. Gawd, people, go see that shit!

Littlefinger fans crack me up. *munches popcorn*

the story was shit but the action and LOKI were awesome. Loki for president please.

ETA:to post at least something to the OP; my opinion Sansa will all in love with LF isnt really welcomed here.

Let's see. I have a several to say

• I do not think Ned was as stupid as people say. Nor do I find him to be a hypocrite in anyway
  • I enjoyed Cercei's walk of shame and I want to see her suffer more before she perishes
  • I don't like Rhaegar or Lyanna and don't care for them in anyway. However, I am interested in what happened at the Tower of Joy
  • Daenerys has no place going to Westeros
  • I think people are exaggerating when they talk about how much of a "player" Sansa will become.
  • I don't believe even half of these "theories" and prophecies will come true.
  • I feel like Robb Stark was a throwaway character and obvious sacrificial lamb
  • I think people exaggerate when they talk about how many people die in the serious. Most of the main characters (POV's) are still alive
  • The Lannisters to me are the "Big Bad" when it comes to the humans in the story. They are directly and indirectly responsible for a lot of the stuff currently going on.
  • I really don't care about the others
  • While the series presents a lot of gray characters, I still see some as inherently better than others from a moral standpoint.

This is all I have for now.

I know most people aren't posting to this thread to argue their opinions, but I can't resist here.

Who isn't in the game because of luck? Every major player has had lucky breaks, it doesn't diminish their status as players. Framing the Lannisters for Jon Arryn's death wasn't luck. Killing Joffrey wasn't luck.

He is an asshole, but not "just an asshole." Contrast him with Janos Slynt. Similar backgrounds, came to King's Landing and moved to positions of authority. Slynt is also an asshole who stoops to levels others wouldn't. But he's a moron, so he gets punished for it. Littlefinger, on the other hand, has charmed and schemed and backstabbed his way into usurping both House Tully and House Arryn. No small feat

Littlefinger isn't a moron like Slynt, I'll give you that. But he is not half as clever as he thinks he is. Especially if he has to rely so much on luck. A more appropriate character to compare Littlefinger to would be Varys. And usurping both House Tully and Arryn? When did that happen? From what I've gathered, he has a tenuous control over the Vale which he has only as long as Sansa doesn't turn against him.

Littlefinger isn't a moron like Slynt, I'll give you that. But he is not half as clever as he thinks he is. Especially if he has to rely so much on luck. A more appropriate character to compare Littlefinger to would be Varys. And usurping both House Tully and Arryn? When did that happen? From what I've gathered, he has a tenuous control over the Vale which he has only as long as Sansa doesn't turn against him.

How is he not half as clever? He's outsmarted and played everyone he's gone up against or decided to use. Lysa, Catelyn, Ned, Dontos, and even Tyrion come to mind. Everything he has tried has succeeded. At that point, that's a major ego boost. Varys doesn't know what he's up to, so he's got no one that can expose or completely thwart his plans. Sansa is his biggest weakness, but I think people act like they know what he's up to, when in all actuality we're completely clueless as to where his plan is going.

As to the Vale, he's bought himself a year. I think Bronze Yohn is too honorable to act before then. As to the others, I'm not sure. But then again, we have no idea what his immediate plans are.

With the Riverlands, I have a feeling he can secure the region well enough if he openly declares against the crown and convinces the Riverlords that he will help rid them of the Freys. After that they will likely flock to him. Just a guess.

Littlefinger officially "usurped" House Tully when he became LP of the Riverlands in their stead. And he's basically usurped House Arryn by becoming the sole regent for a child lord.

How is he not half as clever? He's outsmarted and played everyone he's gone up against or decided to use. Lysa, Catelyn, Ned, Dontos, and even Tyrion come to mind. Everything he has tried has succeeded. At that point, that's a major ego boost. Varys doesn't know what he's up to, so he's got no one that can expose or completely thwart his plans. Sansa is his biggest weakness, but I think people act like they know what he's up to, when in all actuality we're completely clueless as to where his plan is going.

As to the Vale, he's bought himself a year. I think Bronze Yohn is too honorable to act before then. As to the others, I'm not sure. But then again, we have no idea what his immediate plans are.

With the Riverlands, I have a feeling he can secure the region well enough if he openly declares against the crown and convinces the Riverlords that he will help rid them of the Freys. After that they will likely flock to him. Just a guess.

Littlefinger officially "usurped" House Tully when he became LP of the Riverlands in their stead. And he's basically usurped House Arryn by becoming the sole regent for a child lord.

Ok I didn't realize I'd have to defend my "unpopular" opinion :dunno: Littlefinger isn't half as clever, because in most of his "victories", luck has played a huge factor. Like his half-assed lie about Joffrey's dagger actually working or Stannis losing in the Battle of Blackwater or the Starks losing because of the Red Wedding. He is an opportunist and knows when to take advantage of a situation, but he's nowhere in the league of say Varys, who is a self-made man and meticulously plans his every move and makes his weakness his strength. What makes you think Varys doesn't know what Littlefinger is up to? He's got eyes everywhere! He lets him play his game because Littlefinger is ultimately helping him create chaos in the kingdom.

And Littlefinger's motivation? His pathetic crush on Catelyn who he wants to recreate through Sansa. What a perv! :ack:

I'll put that last statement as an "unpopular opinion" to keep this thread on topic :P

Ok I didn't realize I'd have to defend my "unpopular" opinion :dunno: Littlefinger isn't half as clever, because in most of his "victories", luck has played a huge factor.

I know, what's the point of an unpopular opinion thread, right? :cool4:

IMAO Littlefinger isn't half as clever, because in most of his "victories", Lysa has played a huge factor.

Archived