Which historical KG would ve beaten Sansa?

Señor de la Tormenta

In fact, i think if most of the aforementioned knights said they didn't want to hit her and Joffrey took it to Tywin, Tywin would probably tell him to either sit down and shut up, or hit him herself if he's so determined to punish her.

Tywin wasn't around while Joffrey was ordering them to hit Sansa, he was in the Riverlands fighting the war. They could have theoretically gone to Cersei, but she is the one who spoiled Joffrey rotten and never lifted a finger to stop him from bullying and abusing anyone, even Tommen. And she was well aware of what Joffrey was doing, so if she had wanted to stop it, she would have, without waiting for a KG member to complain about it to her. Nobody had any reason to think that complaining to Cersei would help them - they may have even expected her to get angry at them for disrespecting her son the king.

This was an utterly depressing speculation

• Jonothor Darry - Follow the king's orders
  • Arthur Dayne - Arys Oakheart route. He'd object, but still hit her even if the blows were softened.
  • Gerold Hightower - Follow the king's orders
  • Barristan Selmy - If he's at the level of disgust we saw in the books, I could potentially see him refusing.
  • Jaime Lannister - Due to his history with Aerys, I'm unsure. As he is now, no. Around that time? He'd probably find a way to worm out of it, but would still beat her if pressed.
  • Loras Tyrell - I think he'd be insulated enough with the Tyrell/Lannister alliance to refuse. I don't see him being happy seeing how Joffrey was treating his betrothed/formerly betrothed, knowing his sister was supposed to marry the little shit.
  • Balon Swann - Arys Oakheart route
  • Duncan - Would beat Joffrey. Get himself killed, most likely, but he wouldn't strike an innocent and helpless child.
  • Osmund Kettleblack - Follow the king's orders, without question
  • Brienne of Tarth - Absolutely not. As devoted as she is to Renly, this would probably be the one thing to break that devotion. If she's with Joffrey, I don't put it past her at all to renounce her Kingsguard vows and try to sneak Sansa out of the city to safety.

I think all of them would have beaten Sansa in a straight fight / melee or a duel-type situation. The only way I can see Sansa winning is if she had some training with archery and was able to pick them off at a distance, or was allowed to use poison at a feast or something. Other than that, I can't imagine any of the historical KG we've seen so far losing a fight to a little kid with no combat training.

Pretty sure the likes of Arthur Dayne, Barristan Selmy, Gerold Hightower, Oswell Whent, Lewyn Martell or Jonothor Darry would beat Sansa, if their king ordered such thing.

They are the epitome of loyalty, not the epitome of chivalry, the kind sorry bunch capable of saying "i was only following orders!".

Sandor Clegane?

The one that kills terrorized young boys?

He is one of the most despicable of the KG, at the same moral level of a Boros Blount or someone similar; the only thing i can say in behalf of Sandor is that he is a bit better than his horrendous brother.

Sandor Clegane?

The one that kills terrorized young boys?

He is one of the most despicable of the KG, at the same moral level of a Boros Blount or someone similar; the only thing i can say in behalf of Sandor is that he is a bit better than his horrendous brother.

You're right about his brutality, but this is Sansa we're talking about. If it were Arya, i don't doubt he would have hit her into next summer. But he has a soft spot for Sansa… which makes me wonder:

Did Joffrey know about Sandor's affection for Sansa? Or, if not, why didn't he ask him to hit her?

If Jaime had been present in KL when Joffrey was ordering KG to beat Sansa, he would have put a stop to it. After Aerys he's not going to obey orders that he considers vile, and as LC he could use his authority to call off the others. Jaime, not Joffrey, is the one with the strong sword arm. He might have even joined Tyrion in being a Kingslapper.

Most of the others would probably do like Arys Oakheart: they'd question and protest, but when Joffrey insisted, they would have done it, striking as lightly as they dared.

Pretty much all of them save Dunk the Hunk imo.

Most of them would object though and try to soften it.

None of them are going to go Boros Blount on her except maybe Osmund.

Dayne wouldnt have, nor would barristan. I think.

I think Hightower might have, but he would have not hurt her, along with the rest of his kingsguard minus Dayne. Barristan-I dont think so. At least, if Dany ordered him, no, or if Robert ordered possibly, Aerys yes

Sure, if you don't help someone who needs your help. Standing by while Rhaella was raped was silently acknowledging that this is okay, it was definitevly morally wrong.

Didn't Robert rape Cersei ? Isn't King on Queen rape legal in Westeros ?

Didn't Robert rape Cersei ? Isn't King on Queen rape legal in Westeros ?

Robert was nowhere near as cruel as Aerys. After the last rape before she departed for Dragonstone, Rhaella looked like she'd been attacked by a wild animal.

And yes, marital rape is legal in Westeros. Husbands are considered to have the right to have sex with their wives, with or without the wife's consent.

Archived