Why do some dislike Sansa ?

Gneisenau

She's weak, annoying, horribly niave, and mostly helpless....but can still find the time to be rude to/look down on others.

Easily my least favorite character in this series.... I actually find Roose Bolton to be more sympathetic than Sansa.

On the other hand, I keep waiting for the day she takes that Valaryian steel dagger that was used to try and take her brother out, and stabs LittleFinger in the back with it....

She's weak, annoying, horribly niave, and mostly helpless....but can still find the time to be rude to/look down on others.

:shocked: when on earth has she been any of this? Please give me some textual evidence. I mean she was a little bit snobbish and a classist in AGOT, but looking down on others and being rude? She never has been that way with the exception of Arya in one chapter of AGOT. And I have read her chapters like a million times.

'Don't tell Sansa' really sums it up. She rats out her own family. In Arya's case it was downright betrayal. In the case of Ned, it was downright stupidity. If she lets Robert Arryn die or aids in it her fate is sealed as a kinslayer. Her arc really needs to end with her defending her family.

Also, she is foul about her sister. Aids in her bullying, delights in considering herself superior to her and once wishes she was dead. Now, Jeyne Poole has been punished for that in the narrative. She called Arya horseface only to be told she looks very much like her and is sent to become her and be tortured. Sansa's betrayal of Ned has been narratively punished by her treatment in King's Landing. Her betrayal of Arya cut her off from Lady in the end, however the long running bullying; making her sister feel ugly and useless I don't feel has been absolved. The Alayne Stone thing seems to be at attempt at that but it doesn't seem like a big punishment yet.

'Don't tell Sansa' really sums it up. She rats out her own family. In Arya's case it was downright betrayal. In the case of Ned, it was downright stupidity. If she lets Robert Arryn die or aids in it her fate is sealed as a kinslayer. Her arc really needs to end with her defending her family.

Also, she is foul about her sister. Aids in her bullying, delights in considering herself superior to her and once wishes she was dead. Now, Jeyne Poole has been punished for that in the narrative. She called Arya horseface only to be told she looks very much like her and is sent to become her and be tortured. Sansa's betrayal of Ned has been narratively punished by her treatment in King's Landing. Her betrayal of Arya cut her off from Lady in the end, however the long running bullying; making her sister feel ugly and useless I don't feel has been absolved. The Alayne Stone thing seems to be at attempt at that but it doesn't seem like a big punishment yet.

That's called being a teenager.

Basically everything she did in AGOT will follow her forever

Its similar to cat hating jon which has somehow turned her into the evil stepmom and I do believe sansa had a prickly relationship with jon IIRC. Then you touch on how arya is in general doing everything sansa can't or won't do and you begin to wonder what sansa's point is.

Don't tell Sansa means that she was the good girl and the snitch of the family. Every big family has that one sibling who is like that. My eldest sister was like that and boy did I hate her for that, but never did I feel like she was a betrayer.

Of course the real question isn't how anyone could dislike Sansa, but the very opposite. How could anyone like the bitch?

I mean sure, she starts the story as an 11 year old kid. But we all know in the world of Westeros people mature faster than real life, so she's more like 25 at the start, right?

And where does she get off thinking men can be good and kind and chivalrous. I mean it's not as though every male she's ever had a relationship with before she left Winterfell were such great guys (Ned, Robb, Jon, Rodrick, Jory, etc... Total assholes obviously). How could that dumb, naive girl ever possibly hope that someone with a penis might be a decent person as well? What an idiot she is.

Archived