Randyll Tarly

Pod The Rod

He's like one of those horrible sports-fan parents who ruins the game for their own kids just by being around and "coaching" them.

I hope Sam becomes a success despite him, and then it is rubbed in his face before he dies that his eldest son is a better man than he is.

I didn't have a problem with his dispatching Sam, personally. In fact, I thought it was a pretty admirable thing to do.

I mean, this is a world that runs on the ultimate form of nepotism-- hereditary rule. To recognize the fact that your first born son is simply not up to the task and have him removed, so the post can be occupied by a competent person is, imho, an uncommonly responsible thing to do.

I do think he should've let Sam go to the Citadel instead of the Wall, but Randyll's decision to get rid of Sam was nothing I could condemn him for.

Horrible abusive parent who didn't understand the first thing about raising a child, took a perfectly good child and gave them PTSD. Humiliating and brutalising someone doesn't get results. You need to provide them with love and support.

I mean, once Sam left Horn Hill and Randyll's nightmare abuse, he makes an incredible turn around. He slew an Other, he saved Gilly from a massive Small Paul wight, he engineered Jon's election as Lord Commander, he beat up Dareon, he fought with the Summer Islanders against the Ironborn, imagine how much more Sam could have done with a stable parent who didn't freak out he wasn't Arthur Dayne with a sword.

Seems like a hardcore warrior and commander but horrible dad and prob like ned not great at backstabbing politics

what should happen him ? I think he should have an awesome confrontation then reconcillation with sam

Hel be pissed at learning sams going to be maester (says in the book sam spoke of it and earned some wrath) , hel go to oldtown and expect his son to come along quietly and not expect him to refuse.

They will have it out but randyll will respect his son for being a good soilder and following his commanders orders even when he threatens him ....then later with gilly at his home hel learn of the awesome stuff sams done and finaly respect him.

I like him but still want him to be introduced to a tub of sea water by Euron :D

Nope if hes gonna be humbled it should be sam verbally bitchslapping him with a sorta 'look at all iv done ' then brienne physically doing so

I can picture her knocking him to the ground after a hellva fight ''still think i need a good raping little man?''

Archived