I have come to a conclusion on book-Dany

Lady Arianne Martell

Quite the opposite. I am fully expecting to go out on social media Sunday night and see countless posts like "Khaleesi is such a badass! Don't fuck with the Khaleesi, etc, etc.

Everytime i see this i grind my teeth ala Stannis-style and question the massive drop in human brainpower the past two decades..

My hope is this. In the show, IF if Dany is to one day land in Westeros, for now I would like to see another example of the Doom of Valyria hit her part of the world, cutting off communication for the now. I would like to see more development of what has already been presented to us in Westeros. Bran and Jon at the Wall! Stannis soon to appear out of the flames. And when it all winds up or down the shadow of Dany riding her Dragon over Kings Landing.

My friend has a huge difficulty pronouncing Daenerys correctly. Its almost adorable.

Viewer opinion on Dany actually might shift quite a bit after this week's episode. She did something pretty gnarly that had guys on her own team giving her the Look. Not to mention the fascist dictator looking Targ flag hanging over the Harpy.

I'm not a fan of book Dany but I don't dislike her either and I like her story. And I'm fine with Dany's portrayal in the show.

I love all the fuss over Dany and I find it fascinating that we have such different views of her. I think it's because of the way she's portrayed in the books. When you think of it, we have no idea what Dany is going to be or do down the road. We don't know what her purpose is in this story. She might be the hero who saves the day, or she might turn out to be the hero's (Jon's) enemy. There are lots of theories about her future around and I think that's great and keeps us hooked up to the story!

So yeah, I think Dany comes off in the show pretty much the same as in the book: she's a questionable hero. I like it.

Actually come to think of it, she does come off as a bit nicer in the books even.

I started watching first and disliked (not hated though) Dany from the first ep. I think that ruined book Dany for me too. However I do still like book Dany better. While she annoys and frustrates me I can appreciate her changes and growth but there seems to be little change or growth for show dany. I'll wait until the season is over though and see if tgis changes as I think it will (if they don't white wash her too much)

As much as I loathe her boring chapters, her incredibly annoying titles, her silly actions, and her mad hunger for power...As much as I hate all of that, even I can admit that book Dany is much more developed and interesting than TV Dany.

Why is it that I find TV Dany so one dimensional? I feel very similarly about Sansa...which makes me angry because Sansa is one of my favorites.

If this is on the wrong thread, please let me know.

Anyone else feel this way?

She's one of the few people whose casting I'm not crazy about. That said, I can't think of anyone who could have done a better job. A lot of it must have to do with the lack of revealed thoughts. Purple eyes didn't hurt either. :)

Archived