Wise Man's Fear X (SPOILERS)

Elaena Targaryen

Is it time?

Are there discussions going on Tor.com and elsewhere? It's pretty much a rolling seminar on Rothfussia over there, but beyond's Jo's initial post, I haven't found anything.

timing: it's clearly before the events of NOTW but equally clearly not that long before.

There's a lot to discuss in terms of magic systems

Are there discussions going on Tor.com and elsewhere? It's pretty much a rolling seminar on Rothfussia over there, but beyond's Jo's initial post, I haven't found anything.

I think there are a couple things holding up the Spoiler/Analysis post on the reread. Jo is, or was, on tour. And she noted in the non-spoiler post that she wanted to give folks time to read it.

I got a look it early, so I've been tryin' to respect that here and elsewhere. That's also made me kind of lazy about taking detailed notes. But, y'know, if folks are ready...

Ok I'll start but too lazy to quote. Bast gets the idea about writing a book in this story. It comes up twice and it solidifies the idea that Bast tipped off the Chronicler about Kvothe.

I have not mentioned how much I love your icon, which is quite a lot.

Thank you!

Patrick Rothfuss and the Worldbuilders Team - Ask Us Anything

About Laniel Young-Again:

I don't have more news about Laniel, except to say the story's coming along nicely.

There will be more news about it though, perhaps in just a couple of months.

Rothfuss' opinion on Peter V. Brett:

Honestly, one of the things I feel most guilty about is keeping Brett too busy to work on his novel.

It's really good folks. He's a really amazingly good writer.

In this audio interview Rothfuss talks briefly about A Song of Ice and Fire:

http://traffic.libsyn.com/jawbone/GAW_ROTHFUSS.mp3

I enjoyed reading the Lightning Tree (That Holly business had left me worried that the short story was not for Rothfuss)... I wanted to read the Bast story far more than the PatQ prologue... though it alarms me that Rothfuss appears to have been sucked into the anthology trap... endless side projects that delay the crown jewel. ALAS. At this point I dare say I'm more excited to get a hold of D3 than I am Winds... Hard to say who will publish first. Depressing to think about, actually.

On Bast / Faen/ Kvothe interrelations and the insights offered.... Bast thinking about the difference between faen life and his relatively new experience in the mortal lands.

This got me to thinking about back in the beginning of Name of the Wind, Chronicler says to Kvothe "I thought you'd be older..." Kvothe replies, "I am..." I take that to mean he has spent years worth of time in Fae... first with Felurian and presumably later at least once where he took on Bast as a student/apprentice/something.

I want to see Kvothe & Elodin in Fae... Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Chronicler says something about his naming pursuits at the University, he doesn't mention Elodin, does he? Though he does say something that Elodin could conceivably have said about him (Chronicler) being a lost cause.

D3 allegedly has a lot of Elodin... I do hope he survives... he's far more interesting than story Kvothe (so far, at any rate).

I enjoyed reading the Lightning Tree (That Holly business had left me worried that the short story was not for Rothfuss)... I wanted to read the Bast story far more than the PatQ prologue... though it alarms me that Rothfuss appears to have been sucked into the anthology trap... endless side projects that delay the crown jewel. ALAS. At this point I dare say I'm more excited to get a hold of D3 than I am Winds... Hard to say who will publish first. Depressing to think about, actually.

With both of these books it's also very unclear how far the author is.

With Martin, you do get the sense that he has finally strapped himself the last year and a half and started writing in earnest, also with the pressure of the tv show catching up. From what you hear it seems like a 2015 release is what is on the publisher's minds. But with Doors of Stone, I'm not sure to what extent, if any, Rothfuss is working on that this year.

Archived