Sunfyre and Jamie Lannister

I wonder if there are parallels with the riders as well. Aegon II had three children, the oldest of whom was murdered, with his sister, who went mad.

Moondancer's rider Baela survived the fight after her dragon died so if it does represent Arya she may survive.

I wonder if there are parallels with the riders as well. Aegon II had three children, the oldest of whom was murdered, with his sister, who went mad.

Moondancer's rider Baela survived the fight after her dragon died so if it does represent Arya she may survive.

Good observation

I didn't just mean this specific comment. I see the term all the time and I don't know of any other secret targs so I am baffled every time I see it. I was hoping someone would explain to me who all these secret Targs are everyone talks about.

I didn't just mean this specific comment. I see the term all the time and I don't know of any other secret targs so I am baffled every time I see it. I was hoping someone would explain to me who all these secret Targs are everyone talks about.

"Secret Targ" is sort of a running joke. Almost every major character has been theorized to be a secret Targaryen at some point or another on this forum. Aside from Jon and (f)Aegon; Tyrion and the Lannister twins are often presented as possible secret Targs. Most of these threads are complete eyerollers, of course. So Secret Targaryen is now a default ridiculous stance one might take akin to answering everything with "It is known" ... or "Hot Pie!".

ETA - hmm, I think I want a T-shirt that says "Secret Targ" now.

Good foreshadowing. I'll throw Darkstar out there as a possible Moondancer substitute.

Well.. he wounded Jaime's daughter and is "of the night". I am always willing to support Darkstar becoming more important to the story.

eta-fix'd

Everything lines up well with Arya only that there's been no prior resonance. If GRRM was looking at a future confrontation between Jaime and Arya I'd expect there to have been some significant prior interaction, like there's been with he characters on her list, there was certainly opportunity for it.

But then there might be nothing emotional or personal about the encounter, Arya may simply be following orders to assassinate X and Jaime doing his job to protect X.

Everything lines up well with Arya only that there's been no prior resonance. If GRRM was looking at a future confrontation between Jaime and Arya I'd expect there to have been some significant prior interaction, like there's been with he characters on her list, there was certainly opportunity for it.

But then there might be nothing emotional or personal about the encounter, Arya may simply be following orders to assassinate X and Jaime doing his job to protect X.

She could also witness him killing Cersei and then shem might interact with him in some way.

What an end game would it be Jaime x Arya ? who knows :X :smug:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok think I got a reason for Arya vs Jaime.

Grey Ghost = Nymeria.

Colouring is the same.

Grey Ghost is a wild dragon that could never be tamed, Nymeria is now wild.

Grey Ghost is shy of man, Nymeria is certainly not so they're opposites in that, but no wild dragon was likely to survive if it feasted on man, it would be hunted and killed.

Grey Ghost hangs about the narrow sea, Nymeria seems to hang about the God's Eye.

Grey Ghost is elusive, as is Nymeria.

Grey Ghost liked to feed on fish, well Nymeria pulled one famous fish from the river.

Not straight foreshadowing but association, Nymeria was hunted by William Mooton but forced them to retreat. Walys Mooton tried to kill Sunfyre but Sunfyre roasted his attackers.

Sunfyre kills Grey Ghost, suffering serious injury in the process. So I suggest Jaime slays Nymeria, and we then have a reason for Arya to attack Jaime.

Jaime isn't really "young" he is 34 now. By Westeros standards he is an old man. Young is a Jon Snow, Robb Stark etc not Jaime or Cersei.

Not really. He's not that old, in his prime in many ways, and Sunfyre wasn't that young for a Dragon, he was still pretty sizeable

Moon dancer to me sounds like Dany (she is the Moon to Drogo's sun) or a "dancer" with her (only Barristan or a dragon fits to me there).

Extending the moon is the sun's wife metaphor, the sun is House Martell (kind of fits with Dany again frankly), so maybe someone associated with them in Dorne?

Or anyone linked to wolves, who are mythologically linked to the moon, so Jon and Bran and Arya are all possibilities.

Archived