TTTNE 430: And They Spammed Happily Ever After

RhaenysBee

My summer class just started today, which is online. I thought I was signing up for a normal 10-week summer class, but I apparently signed up for a 5-week class. Which means it's going to be double the work in half the time. This is literally the last class I need until I hold a Bachelor's degree in my hands, so I'm going to just grin and bear it, but it's going to be a ton of work. I have a habit of procrastinating, so I have to be diligent with myself and stay focused for this one. Immediately after this class, I start my Master's program in August. School is never ending! :read:

Good luck!

What are you studying?

Good luck with your summer class!

What's a summer class? :leaving:

I've never heard of something like this. Classes in summer before you get a degree. We don't have any classes in summer.

We do not either. There are summer courses in abundance, mostly international so you can learn something additionally, but this is not a part of the actual study programme one chooses. They are organised by one or the other university and usually fun, in my experience.

My summer course starts on Sunday - and we are still not sure how we will come to the location, this worries me now. :s

Good luck!

What are you studying?

We do not either. There are summer courses in abundance, mostly international so you can learn something additionally, but this is not a part of the actual study programme one chooses. They are organised by one or the other university and usually fun, in my experience.

My summer course starts on Sunday - and we are still not sure how we will come to the location, this worries me now. :s

Oh yeah, we have those too. Not here, but you can go abroad and have courses there for a laughable amount of money. I always get emails about it. I never open uni emails. :leaving:

Have fun with your summer course! :cheers:

Oh yeah, we have those too. Not here, but you can go abroad and have courses there for a laughable amount of money. I always get emails about it. I never open uni emails. :leaving:

Have fun with your summer course! :cheers:

I never took part in any summer (or other season's) additional course in my home faculty either.

Opening uni emails might be a good idea if you want to take part in any international one though. ;)

I will try!

Why is it storming? Downpour, lightning, thunder... Thunder... a horse was called that in something... HAHAHA, I called a horse that in something. Cough. Whatever. So I'm waiting for the downpour to stop because I don't feel like taking a taxi to the station. But I'll have to if it's raining like this. Or I can soak. What am I complaining about? I was just thinking this morning while I washed that I long to dive into nice cold water. This is so typical.

I never took part in any summer (or other season's) additional course in my home faculty either.

Opening uni emails might be a good idea if you want to take part in any international one though. ;)

I will try!

I was going to take part in one in my second year. I applied, sent my personal data to get the visa, then they called me that my course was canceled because there weren't enough people for a group and asked me to please choose another course. They were very nice, the cutest accent I've ever heard. Okay, I emailed them the application for another course. Two weeks later I get another phone call telling me that they canceled that course too because loads of people canceled with regard to the weather. So they ask me to choose from these two they will run. >.< And I should please make up my mind and call them in the next three days because they'll have New Year and Christmas after that and the office will be closed for holidays. This was on 23rd December. Hello, and what about my Christmas which happens to be in the next three days? :dunno: Oh well, I emailed them on the 28th that I was sorry but neither of those courses interest me (and I wasn't gonna pay 1000+ Euros for a course I'm not interested in) so I'll just apply next year...... :S Well, it was pretty disappointing, but then when I would have traveled the weather was pretty nasty, like -40-50°C and the airport highway was blocked by snow, so then I finally accepted that it was for the better that I didn't end up going. /storytime

Meh, uni emails are boring :(

Wish I could respond to the spam as it's happening, but I'm not at any kind of device most of the day, so it has to be

MULTI POST TIME.

I guess when you go pro at a sport, you sacrifice a lot. You start so young, you have to have that drive to get to the top. You play in a small pond and you get used to winning and needing to win, then you get spewed out into the main sport filled with all these proven athletes who've been going for years, and the pressure is several orders of magnitude greater, but that drive to win at all costs is still there. Your entire life is geared towards winning and nothing else. I hate it, but I absolutely understand it.

There are multiple levels to this discussion:

- the pro sports attitude that "Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing." takes a lot of the fun out of it.

- the whole cheating idea. So steroids are bad, unless you have cancer or meningitis and then they might save your life. But if you're in pro sports they're still bad, but you can take as many stimulants as your body can handle without a heart attack . . . I mean, wtf?

- the money in sports these days drives a lot of this . . . well all that $s comes from fans. Like me. So to a greater or lesser extent, the insanity flows from me.

Yepp, I'd second that. When I was a member of my local rowing club, this was actually quite true - even for those who just rowed for their pleasure.

That sounds like a healthy enjoyment of sport. I've never rowed/sculled but it always struck me as a peaceful & strenuous sport that I would enjoy.

And thus I, too, have sunk into the venomous pit of teribble capitalistic consumerism. I, who flattered herself that I am a reasonable individual who does not buy things on a whim, have now proved that my will is weak and sinful and that I should not be allowed to roam the shopping centre alone with a bank card on my person. I should be severely punished and kept under lock until I come to my senses and repent for my sins. I am a horrible horrible person, ashamed of myself, and I confess my sin of consumerism to you, dear spammers. May R'hllor have mercy on my soul.

#shameful consumerism #shops #hashtags

On the other hand, I do love my new trainers. :wub:

RB, on deodorants - I have heard before that those with anti-perspirant are bad for your body, but as I was looking at the shelve with them today, they practically all have that in them. I looked for a roll-on or a stick without and found none (I really found not one in a stick that I would like). So there is well, no choice but to buy one with it in them. :dunno:

Bucky, this was very funny - and so unlike you! You seem to be channeling your inner RhaenysBalerion. :lol: And this was all about one pair of sneakers??

I need to do that too. In fact I've been taping up my current sneaks rather than shop. The store is about a km away and I go by it all the time, but setting aside the 15 minutes to go in and buy the shoes? Yeah. It's been about a year now. :blushing:

Happy new trainers, Bucky!

You made me laugh, and reminded me of a customer story.

Once i had a customer whose order came to exactly $20. Jokingly, I said to her " Oh I do admire someone who can shop to the exact dollar!"

She patted me on the hand and said "dear that's nothing! You should see me shop to the LAST dollar"

now whats really strange is that women think this is really funny when i tell it, and men get all grumpy.

Doesn't make me grumpy, but Mrs.C is a very frugal shopper so that does not hit home with me.

Once had a bill for exactly $1,234.00. That was a fun check to write, believe it or not.

VROOM.

*Starts doing donuts.*

:lmao:

I see our bear is in a go-get 'em frame of mind!

Password issues! I can't log in under DreamSongs...able to use an ANCIENT ID from Facebook!

Its Bex/DreamSongs and I am dying without your support.

Yeah...Quit my job, hide in my walk-in closet in a fetal position with Wendy kind of a weekend.

I've missed my Spamily/Spamigos!!!!!

*puts out panini with prosciutto*

And damn my new coworker for having the most beautiful eyes ever.........

Bex,

what's wrong? :grouphug:

Please pm if it'll help.

The key lies in accepting the sweat as your own sexy smell. :leer:

Seriously though, it all comes down to realizing that sweaty doesn't mean dirty. Sometimes, there is just nothing you can do about it.

This may sound weird, but we've been so brainwashed by modern cosmetic companies that we actually believe that looking orange is sexy. Or that your teeth have to be pearly white. Well, guess what - tigers and lions have pretty strong teeth, and they are usually yellow.

Of course, none of that means that one should disregard personal hygiene - I just think that obsessing over it is not healthy.

And the key to having a sexy smell?

That's kind of an individual thing. Do you like garlic & onions? Chances are if you eat lots of garlic & onions (as I do) that's what you'll sweat like and may end up with someone who likes or can at least tolerate that scent*. Same with smoking and coffee and etc.

It a gi,go (garbage in, garbage out) phenomenon.

Didn't you start a new job recently? How's it going?

* if I worked in an office I might have to cut back on the garlic. Either that or use a kick ass deodorant.

Morning all

Baking some banana nut muffins for the hubby.

Then I am off to a new temp agency a neighbor recommended to me (the one her company uses). I would love to get in to her company---T. Rowe Price.

Rhea, most schools offer summer semesters for students, but I found that the majority of the students in my summer classes were what are called "adult learners" (I was also one of those adult learners----that is people beyond the normal age of college students---over 22-24)

They just said that in Vancouver the first marijuana stores are about to open and that it will cost $700 an ounce. :eek: When I was a teenager back in the 70's, it was only $20 an ounce (of course this was not legal, taxed or regulated)

Yum! Don't for get to put some on the SNACK COUNTER OF REQUIREMENT :) Thx!

Hope you get a gig with them. I had a friend who got a number of offers after working as a temp. Great way for people to see what you're capable of.

Yeah the incredible rise in pot prices! Personally, I think that they won't come down till backyard cultivation is legal. If. But no company that might sell the stuff will want to see that legalized.

My summer class just started today, which is online. I thought I was signing up for a normal 10-week summer class, but I apparently signed up for a 5-week class. Which means it's going to be double the work in half the time. This is literally the last class I need until I hold a Bachelor's degree in my hands, so I'm going to just grin and bear it, but it's going to be a ton of work. I have a habit of procrastinating, so I have to be diligent with myself and stay focused for this one. Immediately after this class, I start my Master's program in August. School is never ending!

For some reason I thought you had your degree. Sloppy reading on my part. Sociology, right? My niece got her degree in sociology a couple of weeks ago.

Just added a new batch of yard/flower photos to my stream: second weekend of june

this is one of those deals where I walk around the house and take a picture of everything that's blooming. Right now, July 8, it's pretty quiet. Not a lot blooming, but in early/mid June it's a flower riot around here.

Just watched The Chamber of Secrets after so much time. :wub: They were all so little!

I was going to take part in one in my second year. I applied, sent my personal data to get the visa, then they called me that my course was canceled because there weren't enough people for a group and asked me to please choose another course. They were very nice, the cutest accent I've ever heard. Okay, I emailed them the application for another course. Two weeks later I get another phone call telling me that they canceled that course too because loads of people canceled with regard to the weather. So they ask me to choose from these two they will run. >.< And I should please make up my mind and call them in the next three days because they'll have New Year and Christmas after that and the office will be closed for holidays. This was on 23rd December. Hello, and what about my Christmas which happens to be in the next three days? :dunno: Oh well, I emailed them on the 28th that I was sorry but neither of those courses interest me (and I wasn't gonna pay 1000+ Euros for a course I'm not interested in) so I'll just apply next year...... :S Well, it was pretty disappointing, but then when I would have traveled the weather was pretty nasty, like -40-50°C and the airport highway was blocked by snow, so then I finally accepted that it was for the better that I didn't end up going. /storytime

I am sorry you had that kind of trouble with it. The additional courses advertised around my department - I only ever went to courses advertised through the German department, never Slovene, there are far more choices there - are usually full, as far as I know. I applied to one months ago that I was not admitted because it was full ... then I arranged to go to another (the one in Italy, organised partly by faculty I go to), for which I did not even have to apply much, I just consulted with the professor and she granted me a spot. :P And then I got offered a third one because the prof who was responsible for it heard I did not get admitted to the first one and they obviously try to offer things to different students. I chose to not go there though, because by then I already had the arrangement for Italy and I would be absent too much from my regular classes, which, well, I still had to pass. :P

Bucky, this was very funny - and so unlike you! You seem to be channeling your inner RhaenysBalerion. :lol: And this was all about one pair of sneakers??

I need to do that too. In fact I've been taping up my current sneaks rather than shop. The store is about a km away and I go by it all the time, but setting aside the 15 minutes to go in and buy the shoes? Yeah. It's been about a year now. :blushing:

No, the trainers were the only thing I bought that I did not go to the shop for. I also bought things that I planned to buy already.

And I usually delay shopping to. As I do delay planning, making arrangements, going to doctors ... :blushing:

Just watched The Chamber of Secrets after so much time. :wub: They were all so little!

I am sorry you had that kind of trouble with it. The additional courses advertised around my department - I only ever went to courses advertised through the German department, never Slovene, there are far more choices there - are usually full, as far as I know. I applied to one months ago that I was not admitted because it was full ... then I arranged to go to another (the one in Italy, organised partly by faculty I go to), for which I did not even have to apply much, I just consulted with the professor and she granted me a spot. :P And then I got offered a third one because the prof who was responsible for it heard I did not get admitted to the first one and they obviously try to offer things to different students. I chose to not go there though, because by then I already had the arrangement for Italy and I would be absent too much from my regular classes, which, well, I still had to pass. :P

No, the trainers were the only thing I bought that I did not go to the shop for. I also bought things that I planned to buy already.

And I usually delay shopping to. As I do delay planning, making arrangements, going to doctors ... :blushing:

Mine would have taken place in the first week of the spring semester which was still exam period at the home uni, so it would have been perfect timing.

What kinda trainers did you get? Running ones or which kind? :)

I neeeeeevvvvveeeerrrr delay shopping :P but I do delay doc appointments too :O which is a bad thing, but... Oh well...

Yes, I will be getting my BA in Sociology! My university is good about offering summer classes for students who want to get ahead on their programs, but there isn't nearly as much of a variety in what you can take over the summer, since many professors are on break as well. I got lucky, and the last class I needed happened to be offered this summer, so I don't have to wait another whole semester to finish my degree.

My Master's will be in Sociological Practice. It's basically a fancy way of saying "applied Sociology", meaning I will be training to become a researcher and a professor, as well as confucting graduate level research with my cohort and possibly publishing my thesis. I will be a slave to this program for the next 2 and a half years or so. It's a good thing I like school.

Yes, I will be getting my BA in Sociology! My university is good about offering summer classes for students who want to get ahead on their programs, but there isn't nearly as much of a variety in what you can take over the summer, since many professors are on break as well. I got lucky, and the last class I needed happened to be offered this summer, so I don't have to wait another whole semester to finish my degree.

My Master's will be in Sociological Practice. It's basically a fancy way of saying "applied Sociology", meaning I will be training to become a researcher and a professor, as well as confucting graduate level research with my cohort and possibly publishing my thesis. I will be a slave to this program for the next 2 and a half years or so. It's a good thing I like school.

Hello 4 eyed raven! And great name! Haha. It's awesome that you're in school. I got my undergrad in psychology so I know exactly what your talking about with all the research that goes along with the degree.

Happy Tuesday everybody! I'll try to get on here more for sure. Next week I won't be at work (yay LASIK!) so it should be easy to keep up with these crazy forums. I'm assuming the race starts tomorrow so I can't wait to see who wins!

Boy, this spam is slow!

Mine would have taken place in the first week of the spring semester which was still exam period at the home uni, so it would have been perfect timing.

What kinda trainers did you get? Running ones or which kind? :)

I neeeeeevvvvveeeerrrr delay shopping :P but I do delay doc appointments too :o which is a bad thing, but... Oh well...

How is "still exam period at the home uni" a perfect timing? :P Mine was the first two weeks of a new semester at the home uni, which was a bit unfortunate, but I managed.

Nah, not the running kind. All-Stars, the colour I fell in love with some months ago, but they were never on sale in my size, so I have given up hope of ever finding them. Then they were there yesterday, my pefrect size on display even, and looking at me very meanly. :pirate:

I passed this year of school, they said they'd call before 19:00 if you failed :cheers:

Congratulations!
Now be a good boy next year and you will not even have to worry if you passed in the end! :)

Researcher and professor sounds brilliant. Good luck with publishing your thesis, I hope I can publish some research or paper some time.

:cheers: to people who like school!

Are you in the USA? I thought you were, but now I see OER's post and remembered most Amuricans talk of post-grad and under-grad studies (still not sure which is which) and you speak of BA and Master, so you might be in Europe? :idea:

Didn't you start a new job recently? How's it going?

* if I worked in an office I might have to cut back on the garlic. Either that or use a kick ass deodorant.

Good tip. :D

And yes, I am working in an office.

I did. Friday was my first day. Today was my worst day (so far).

I woke up with cramps in the stomach and I was contemplating staying at home - but I couldn't really do it because we are in training and every day we are taught something important. So, I went to work and I spent the entire day with cramps and the feeling that I'm about to puke all over the place. I survived.

The same cannot be said for some poor old guy who was taking a stroll in the nearby park when the storm of the year hit the city - he got killed by a broken tree branch. The storm was pretty intense - and accompanied by hail the size of eggs. So there are a lot of broken car and apartment windows, and minor floods in some part of the city (waist-high waters, I was told) - creating massive traffic jams in rush hour.

So, all in all, it was a bad Tuesday.

Edit: Oh, and a very fond hello to all spammers! :)

Heyo spamigos!

Just a fly by to leave some :grouphug: s and :love:

Hanging out with the bros and looking forward to the football game tonight. Having both brothers home is a luxury!

Congrats, FoMN! :cheers:

I had a simple password for this forum because i thought this is probably the last place anybody would hack into . When the recent password reset thing happened and i was like 100% sure my account was hacked and sent for the e-mail verification and sorted it out quickly only to find out that this was website wide issue .

Now i have changed my password to something different but everytime i try to log in i use my previous password . Every fucking time i do that i am like idiot you changed the password , try remembering it the next time .

I passed this year of school, they said they'd call before 19:00 if you failed :cheers:

Congrats, FoMN! :cheers:

Hello, spamily and spamigos!

Hope you are all doing great? =o)

<hugs sis aka Bex>

I'm a bit tired and I guess I won't be able to watch the match tonight.

Due to early shift.

Oh, hello, Eira. =o) Have fun!

And bran. Long time no see. =o)

good evening everyone :)

:cheers: better behaviour next year! :D:P

good luck with the Lasik OneEyedRaven :)

So, 24h of constant rain turned the rivers nearby into - well, slightly bigger rivers. It's a strange feeling to drive over a bridge whilst a tree is swimming right under the bridge ... *don't like*

We have our first tomatoes! Very exciting. eta: don't they look great?

Went to a employment agency...not the one I was aiming for. Seems they moved or something, but I found another one and the lady I spoke with was very impressed with my experience. Have an interview with the owner on Thursday. I am hoping they can find me something (they do "temp to permanent" placements like the place I was looking for)

Yum! Don't for get to put some on the SNACK COUNTER OF REQUIREMENT :) Thx!

Hope you get a gig with them. I had a friend who got a number of offers after working as a temp. Great way for people to see what you're capable of.

Yeah the incredible rise in pot prices! Personally, I think that they won't come down till backyard cultivation is legal. If. But no company that might sell the stuff will want to see that legalized.

That the muffins are for all who want them is a given :)

Thanks. I am hopeful! (but then I always am ;) )

:lol: I have to laugh at this. I think the last time I smoke pot was 1980, but it still excites me that it might become legal everywhere (not clue why this is ;) )

Just added a new batch of yard/flower photos to my stream: second weekend of june

this is one of those deals where I walk around the house and take a picture of everything that's blooming. Right now, July 8, it's pretty quiet. Not a lot blooming, but in early/mid June it's a flower riot around here.

Very nice! I especialy like the "Yellow Flag Iris" Do you have many of them? Are they hard to keep growing?

YAY!!!!!! :comie:

Sounds like a good plan and that you know where you are headed in life.

Archived