Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

I don't see this as weird at all. To cram 2 books into 1 season is asking for trouble particularly as GRRM is still working on the next and, supposedly, final books. GRRM has stated both the next books will be long. (1500+ pages.) Taking into consideration that GRRM has moved up a bracket, from simple writer to celebrity writer, he's admitted his whole life-style has change.

I can appreciate what GRRM's had to deal with because it happened to a friend of mine. One day he was a guy working in a factory, the next (given a few years) he's a known name and face on TV. A few years further on, it's gone up another level.

This intersects with the show too, curiously enough.

But if they are finishing in 7 seasons, postponing things from Dance to season 6 does feels weird. It's almost like Winds will have a slow development of the story like the last two books..

https://twitter.com/AntrimObserver/status/506078897675706369

The first thing that came to mind was the sorrows, but is that the same boat Tyrion and Jorah was filming?

Considering the bridge where they film today and all the theories about the Stone Men makes me wondering if some of the diseases will appear on the show.

Jon Connington supposedly catches the greyscale and brings it to Westeros.

I'm wondering if there's only Tyrion and Jorah on the boat will they have Jorah catch the greyscale ? It's damn crackpot I know, but well, apart from Shireen's face (and I hope the show explains clearly her affliction next season), we have no word on potential epidemies to appear on the show.

Of course, Jorah normally goes to Meereen (where there could be pale mare mentions next year) so it makes no sense to have him catch the greyscale, but what if...

I know maybe it's a red herring in the books but I'm wondering if TWOW wont see a greyscale pandemy in Westeros and I'm eager to see how the pale mare situation will be resolved (will Dany leave such a mess behind her ?).

So I'm curious to see if the show will ever hint at these.

Im not convinced Aegon is cut unless I see Varys and Tyrion together without someone resembling 20 year old or something

Thats the killer really, whatever Varys is doing is still a mystery in Season 5, but he went to Essos with Tyrion for a reason. They need Illyrio and Kevan dammit, both been missing since Seasons 1 and 2 respectively, but some unsullied remember them atleast Dino and Byran do lol

that boat is far too large to just have jorah and tyrion in it...if you look at the pictures from them filming tyrion and jorah take up a a small portion of the boat so there will have to be some more characters on board...if the griffs are in, or one of the griffs is in, maybe jorah will be brought into that plot? idk but there has to be more than just jorah and tyrion in that boat because it is rather large

Would it be possible for Jorah to be a part of the Rhoyne gang? Could Varys/Illyrio have hired him for the mission?

Jorah has a history with the Golden Company on the show. Maybe Varys will use him to hire them.

Been away for a few days. From some of the posts I've read, it looks like the conclusion is, Battle at Winterfell isn't happening this season. Is that the consensus

Not at all, but the consensus is that we're optimistic about Deepwood Motte because of the Telltale game.

I think one of the most notable things about these whole sequences is that Varys is nowhere to be found. How likely is it that we could see Varys walk off with a mysterious boy (Probably not JonCon too though), in Pentos? Something has got to happen with him and it hopefully involves a return to King's Landing somehow.

^This

Varys IS a problem, I agree. He could have been kept in King's Landing with his former job if they were simply cutting Aegon. So what are they planning for Varys? He won't just tell Tyrion to go to Dany and then go back to King's Landing. They have something in mind for him (hopefully Aegon).

^This

Varys IS a problem, I agree. He could have been kept in King's Landing with his former job if they were simply cutting Aegon. So what are they planning for Varys? He won't just tell Tyrion to go to Dany and then go back to King's Landing. They have something in mind for him (hopefully Aegon).

Maybe someone will catch a glimpse of him filming somewhere. We can hope

that boat is far too large to just have jorah and tyrion in it...if you look at the pictures from them filming tyrion and jorah take up a a small portion of the boat so there will have to be some more characters on board...if the griffs are in, or one of the griffs is in, maybe jorah will be brought into that plot? idk but there has to be more than just jorah and tyrion in that boat because it is rather large

Filming locations are usually bigger than they should be, otherwise, they look cramped on camera.

Is it possible that show!varys may be on dorne's side because personally I think dorne in General can be used to play the same role as aegon

Certainly possible. Some have speculated that Trystane will actually be revealed to be Aegon. I mean, I suppose that Varys could just drop off Tyrion in Pentos and then head to Dorne but I really feel like Varys would want to take advantage of having someone with the importance of Tyrion.

We do not know what happens to Varys after ADwD. He could get caught or killed? If so, he might get killed in S5.

He might get killed (though I think it's doubtful it will be right afterward) but it won't be until after he puts some sort of plan in place in the show. Like Littlefinger, Varys will be a catalyst for chaos and his work is only just beginning.

We do not know what happens to Varys after ADwD. He could get caught or killed? If so, he might get killed in S5.

If Varys dies in the books, it's not happening any time soon. The show killing him this early would be a pretty huge deviation. And D&D have already said that "what's next" for Varys will be made clear in season 5, so clearly he's going to set some plan in motion like said above. If they cut Aegon and don't replace him with some other character (I've heard Gendry and I've heard Trystane as possibilities, though both have their issues) the only thing they could do is have Varys decide that he wants to start backing Dany. Question is, where does he go if he backs Dany? He isn't with Tyrion when Tyrion's with Jorah (or at least not later on), but he must be going somewhere and planning something. If he just ends up returning to King's Landing, it makes no sense for him to leave with Tyrion in the first place.

Archived