Breaking up of the seven kingdoms

Lee Daly

With Dany freeing all the slaves and being all for independence. Do you think she'll force the seven kingdoms to remain as a singular domain even though everyone wants independence ?

The major reason Dorne would want independence is because it wants a Targaryen restoration. If Daenerys is on the throne, no problem. The Northern independence movement has been clobbered. Besides, if you're dealing with Daenerys, the North will support her anyway, so long as the Lannisters and Freys are dealt with (it's already Stannis' major drawcard, and he's hardly pro independence). That leaves the Ironborn. Euron is less keen on independence as such, and more on wholesale conquest. Asha prefers a negotiated solution.

I really don't see how "everyone wants independence", especially with Daenerys.

With Dany freeing all the slaves and being all for independence. Do you think she'll force the seven kingdoms to remain as a singular domain even though everyone wants independence ?

Everyone wants independence? What do you base this bold statement on? The only regions that have shown themselves interested in separatism are the North, Riverlands and the Iron Islands, while the rest seems pretty content with the Iron Throne?

Also remember that Daenerys wants to reclaim her House's place upon the Iron Throne. She does not yern to destroy its legacy.

:devil:

North independence isn't so much clobbered, I think they could do it if they tell Stannis to fuck off after he's dealt with Roose (and they have a Stark). Not against Daenerys and/or Aegon with a united Westeros at this point, though.

Aeron will lead the Ironborn to peaceful independence, it is known.

What has the Riverlands and Vale done to the North that makes them deserve to be burned by a raging bunch of xenophobic warmongers?

I don't know if Dany will be in a position to force anyone to do anything and if she tries to force anything, she will make herself even more unpopular and bring even more bloodshed. I really don't know with Dany, I think it could go either way at this point. If she carries on feeling entitled and wants to reclaim the IT, I'm guessing she will want to rule all seven kingdoms. She freed slaves yes but still wanted to rule them. As long as there are no slaves in Westeros, I think she'd still feel entitled to rule everyone.

It really depends on whether she embraces her House words or whether she peacefully tries to gather allies. I don't believe she's a butcher; at heart she's a caring person, so she may feel that it's not worth all the bloodshed as long as all the kingdoms maintain peaceful relationships (in the short-term at least). She seems more flexible than Stannis at least, so she may be willing to consider independent kingdoms if she does win the IT.

And everyone doesn't want independence - if Dany does win the IT, I can see the Dorne, the Iron Islands and the North wanting independence but the rest would probably be happy to be ruled by the IT.

And everyone doesn't want independence - if Dany does win the IT, I can see the Dorne, the Iron Islands and the North wanting independence but the rest would probably be happy to be ruled by the IT.

Why in blazes would Dorne want independence from Daenerys Targaryen, sister-in-law of Elia Martell? So she turned down Quentyn. Doesn't mean that Dorne aren't going to welcome her overthrowing the Baratheon-Lannisters. Ditto the North, so long as she punishes the Freys.

The Westerlands have a better motivation to secede from the IT if Daenerys wins than either Dorne or the North.

Maybe I over exaggerated the everyone wants independence. However, I can't see how they can all remain together. Even if she wants them too, surely the lannisters and baratheons will have a problem, and seeing as the north already made it clear that they now rule themselves, I can't see them bending the knee.

But in answer to your question: Daenerys is quick to see injustice amongst a foreign culture, but to her Westeros is rightfully hers, and she means to conquer it - and she will be relatively blind to the injustice of that act. Whether or not she will actually get what she wants is an entirely other matter (she has a decent chance, I suppose), but it will require some significant character development for her to willingly allow a dissolution, even partially, of the IT.

:agree: Though it might be Dany's actions in the DotD 2.0 that makes it possible for the North to declare, and remain independent.

:devil:

Hey! If you're gonna burn the South then at least give me time to move up North.

seeing as the north already made it clear that they now rule themselves, I can't see them bending the knee.

Despite the fact that they've already lost one war over it? The North wants revenge on the Lannisters and Freys. That's their lingering hurt. Turning on either Stannis or Daenerys would be stupid (both want to punish the Lannisters, and are easily persuadable to punish the Freys) and ineffective (do the Northerners want to lose a second war?).

Despite the fact that they've already lost one war over it? The North wants revenge on the Lannisters and Freys. That's their lingering hurt. Turning on either Stannis or Daenerys would be stupid (both want to punish the Lannisters, and are easily persuadable to punish the Freys) and ineffective (do the Northerners want to lose a second war?).

Well they already turned on stannis once, he wouldn't accept the kingdom of the north and called them his enemies. And now he has an alliance with Jon and the NW not the north.

The OP assumes Dany wins and of course. If she conquers Westeros why wouldn't she keep it united.

Aside from that I don't think anyone can unite Westeros. No one could do it in the 8,000 years before Aegon so without some super weapon (Dragons) then I don't think anyone can unite it. None of the current players have the men, the money and the supplies to take all of Westeros. Mayabe Dany can be she is super far away so who knows what's going to happen with her.

In this way Westeros is very similar to the British Isles in that it's never been fully conquered.

The OP assumes Dany wins and of course. If she conquers Westeros why wouldn't she keep it united.

Aside from that I don't think anyone can unite Westeros. No one could do it in the 8,000 years before Aegon so without some super weapon (Dragons) then I don't think anyone can unite it. None of the current players have the men, the money and the supplies to take all of Westeros. Mayabe Dany can be she is super far away so who knows what's going to happen with her.

In this way Westeros is very similar to the British Isles in that it's never been fully conquered.

Daenerys conquer Westeros. 20 years later, everyone is plotting independence. I can't see Westeros united much longer, I think it's losing the "thousands of years ago" aspect. Maybe a more living border, and all..

A lot of people on here have questioned whether or not everyone wants independence, however they are only considering what was written in the book, not the reality of the entire situation. If you are a lord, you would obviously rather be a king and not be paying taxes to someone, its really that simple. If the regions didn't want to be independent then it wouldn't having taken 3 massive dragons to unite them.

And again, if the regions did want to be independent, they had the perfect opportunity to do so after RR, and let it go.

I don't think so. You had four big players allied together through marriage ties and what not. Starks, baratheons, tullys and arryns. These would remain together and I don't see anyone standing up to them

Archived