What will be Littlefinger's fate?

Archmaester Drew

I think Littlefinger will be killed by Tyrion when Tyrion gets on a dragon and rides to the Vale.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/16495.html

On GRRM's blog, that certain entry I linked George says that Tyrion will fly. Littlefinger has tried to get Tyrion killed twice, and I think Tyrion will definitely become a dragon rider.

I think Littlefinger will be killed by Tyrion when Tyrion gets on a dragon and rides to the Vale.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/16495.html

On GRRM's blog, that certain entry I linked George says that Tyrion will fly. Littlefinger has tried to get Tyrion killed twice, and I think Tyrion will definitely become a dragon rider.

So Tyrion will have his revenge on Littlefinger and the Eyrie in one 'foul' swoop! ;)

Sansa will throw him out the moon door or kill him some other way, apprentice killing the master kind of thing.

It would be fitting if Littlefinger meets his demise at the hands of the daughter of the woman he so desperately desired. George likes to be cruel in that manner, so I'm expecting something along those lines.

It would be poetic justice, indeed! ;)

I think Sansa will use him until she doesn't need him anymore, then discard him in some offhanded way... much like he would do to anyone else.

Student surpasses the teacher ;) But only because she finally recognizes him for what he is. Sansa is too good of a person to do that to anyone else. I just think she'll eventually discover / figure out on her own what sort of person he really is.

So this is basically a short little write up I did just recently about how I think Sansa and Littlefinger's story in the Vale will end, hope you enjoy:

Sansa, her father’s death, and what hold her to her Stark identity

When Ned is murdered, we don’t see the sword come down. It’s told from Arya’s POV, and Yoren shields her from the sight, gods bless his soul. When we get Sansa’s POV immediately after, this is what we get for a description:

“Waking or sleeping, she saw him, saw the gold cloaks fling him down, saw her Ser Ilyn striding forward, unsheathing Ice from the scabbard on his back, saw the moment….the moment when….she had wanted to look away, she had wanted to, her legs had gone out form under her and she had fallen to her knees, yet somehow she could not turn her head, and all the people were screaming and shouting...and for a moment she’d felt safe, but only for a heartbeat, until he said those words, and her fathers’ legs…that was what she remembered, his legs, way they jerked when Ser Ilyn…when the sword….

And Sansa just refuses to think farther or complete the picture. What’s strange is that this is in her mind. She doesn’t ever give us an explicit flashback to it for the rest of her story. Which is strange, and I don’t think it’s an accident

When Joffrey forces her to look at Ned’s head on a spike, she thinks, “He can make me look at them but he can’t make me see.”

Sansa, we know, represses thing she cannot bear to withstand: the less savory parts of her time with the Hound, the UnKiss, “Littlefinger was only a mask he had to wear” etc..

Which brings me to my point: The thing that holds Sansa to her Stark identity is the traumatic memory she’s been repressing since AGOT, and she won’t reclaim her name until she looks it in the face, and recalls every detail and every second.

As this Tze post makes an outstanding case for, Littlefinger has hopelessly overplayed his hand. He really has only a piece of paper to protect him, which was all Ned Stark had. Nestor Royce ruled the Vale for 15 years in Jon Arryn’s absence, and was the other candidate to be lord protector. Tze writes, “At the end of AFFC, Nestor Royce has physical control of Robert Arryn, complete physical control of Lord Robert's home for the foreseeable future, physical control over Littlefinger (the garrison at the Gates being loyal to Lord Nestor, not Littlefinger), and probably the support of the Lords Declarant as well.”

Now comes Sansa’s time to shine. When he trusts her to gather some key allies to his side, it will already be too late. His enemies will be closing in and “Alayne” will betray him.

Littlefinger will no doubt be put to death, which will probably be beheading. “Alayne” will be a witness. As the executioner draws his sword, the memory will start coming back, the horror of that moment. Suddenly the headsmen is Ser Ilyn Payne, his sword is Ice. It’s her father’s neck stretched out over the block, his hair rat brown, then black, then brown again. Was always he so gaunt before they put him in the dungeons? The blade comes down, and cuts through in a dull silver flash. She sees it, for the first time. Her father’s head rolls across the stone of the sept. The crowd at Baelor’s is cheering and roaring, but the godswood of the Gates of the Moon is silent and still.

Littlefinger is dead, and so is his daughter Alayne Stone, and with her all the lies she had ever believed.

Only Sansa Stark remains now, and the memory of the terrible thing they did to her father, her real father: Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell.

The North Remembers.

Littlefinger wins.

Sansa Marries Harry the Heir. After Sansa's pregnant with Harry's child Harry marches north to claim the North for Sansa. During the conquest of the North LF arranges for Harry to have an "accident." Sansa's child becomes ruler of the Vale and LF steps in to act as regent until the child comes of age.

Eventually LF consoles the grieving widow Sansa and marries her. Their first child becomes ruler of The North and LF acts as regent until that child comes of age. Sansa's second child with LF becomes LF's heir to rule the Riverlands.

After the war with the dragons and the war against the Others Westeros is in shambles and the nobles get together to select a strong leader to become the new king. It just so happens that LF is effectively runing three of the seven kingdoms and is considered a master at the game of thrones. He's selected to become the new king. Sansa's his queen. His children become the most prominent lords in the Seven Kingdoms.

Once again GRRM subverts expectations, the man most people think of as the villain ends up winning.

Archived