Who will be the next person to sit the Iron Throne?

Varys Imilitude

This is a simple question, but the more I think about it the harder it is to answer. We have seen 3 kings on the Iron Throne thus far in the story, and it's almost a certainty Tommen will not be the sitting king in the end. So who's next?

Here's a list of what I consider to be the most likely Kings/Queens, feel free to suggest your own

Stannis

Danaerys

Aegon

Myrcella

Mace Tyrell

The High Sparrow

Randyll Tarly

Euron

Jon

Tyrion

Willas Tyrell

Margaery

Harrold Hardyng

It's so difficult to predict. I'm going to go out on a limb and pick Willas Tyrell. I think Cersei has Mace killed, and Willas and granny swoop in after Tarly lays the smack down on Kings Landing. The Tyrells are the best positioned to take the throne in the short term. They literally have it surrounded, all they need is a legitimate cause to challenge Tommen's claim, and Cersei will give it to them. I think she's likely to abscond with Tommen for Casterly Rock. The trouble she is likely to stir up after learning of Kevan's murder will be too much for her to handle.

• 5 months later...

Fake Aegon. It's bound to happen, he'll be the next rhaenyra targaryen and rule for half a year. Stannis will never leave the north, he's been a lost cause since Blackwater. Sorry to all the jon fans but that will just NEVER EVER happen. Daenerys will come and claim her throne, I just hope she can keep it.

This is a simple question, but the more I think about it the harder it is to answer. We have seen 3 kings on the Iron Throne thus far in the story, and it's almost a certainty Tommen will not be the sitting king in the end. So who's next?

Here's a list of what I consider to be the most likely Kings/Queens, feel free to suggest your own

3. Stannis

3. Danaerys

2. Aegon

Myrcella

1. Mace Tyrell

The High Sparrow

Randyll Tarly

Euron

Jon

Tyrion

Willas Tyrell

Margaery

Harrold Hardyng

It's so difficult to predict. I'm going to go out on a limb and pick Willas Tyrell. I think Cersei has Mace killed, and Willas and granny swoop in after Tarly lays the smack down on Kings Landing. The Tyrells are the best positioned to take the throne in the short term. They literally have it surrounded, all they need is a legitimate cause to challenge Tommen's claim, and Cersei will give it to them. I think she's likely to abscond with Tommen for Casterly Rock. The trouble she is likely to stir up after learning of Kevan's murder will be too much for her to handle.

Bold: certain (more or less)

Underline: possible

I think Mace Tyrell will end up becoming Regent. I just don't see how him and Margaery fail to put a piece of paper in front of Tommen for him to stamp naming him Regent while Cersei's still going through her trial. After that... Aegon, fake or not, seems to be the next best bet assuming Cersei doesn't burn them all.

Mace Tyrell, The High Sparrow, Randyll Tarly, Euron, Tyrion and Willas Tyrell can never be king, because they're neither blood royal nor do they have a hope of getting the realm's support.

I think Myrcella will be the next queen, then fAegon and Arianne will ascend, after that Stannis and then Dany (or the other way around, depends on the hurdles they have to take).

And then there will be no need for a king or queen because winter fucks it all up.

Archived