Do any of the ASOIAF Characters rank in your top 10 in fiction? (spoilers?)

Marcus Agrippa

When the likes of a Richard Harrow, Lucius Vorenus, Titus Pullo, Omar Little, Lester Freamon, Thomas Barrow, Bodie, Doug Stamper, Chris Moltisanti, Mike Ehrmantraut, and others exist it's hard for me to put more than one or two ASoIaF characters onto my list.

When the likes of a Richard Harrow, Lucius Vorenus, Titus Pullo, Omar Little, Lester Freamon, Thomas Barrow, Bodie, Doug Stamper, Chris Moltisanti, Mike Ehrmantraut, and others exist it's hard for me to put more than one or two ASoIaF characters onto my list.

Woo another Barrow fan!

I rarely see any, even on tumblr.

All. In order:

Lady Stoneheart

Catelyn (since so many people think they're different...)

Arya

Daenerys

Sansa

Bran

Jon

Rhaegar

Lyanna

Meera

Dedication at its finest Ser/Madam/Person. I am taking a genders course currently so where your name indicates you are indeed a male... I have been tossed under a bus by my professor twice this semester. I don't need that again.

Ah, this all depends on how you look at it... If you talk solely about fantasy genre, yeah... If you talk about books in general, hardly. If you talk about fantasy on all mediums, perhaps. If you talk about all genres on all mediums, then I would have to say no.

But, one character that truly deserves special place on all my lists regardless of position is Sansa. She is such beautifully written character.

AH I yes meant fantasy on all mediums but all fantasy like the wolf of wall street to Narinia. I know it was based on a true story (wolf of wall street) but some of those elements had to to exaggerated. I will have to say Sansa is a good character but she is a little weak at the beginning

Dedication at its finest Ser/Madam/Person. I am taking a genders course currently so where your name indicates you are indeed a male... I have been tossed under a bus by my professor twice this semester. I don't need that again.

AH I yes meant fantasy on all mediums but all fantasy like the wolf of wall street to Narinia. I know it was based on a true story (wolf of wall street) but some of those elements had to to exaggerated. I will have to say Sansa is a good character but she is a little weak at the beginning

That class sounds cool and awful at the same time. xD

I suppose I was a bit limiting but honestly nothing in fantasy has inspired me like this has... All the series that I grew up with are just trash... Not really trash, but less engaging.

Special shout out to Kaladin Stormblessed and Shalla from stormlight archive. I forgot I enjoyed the hell out of that one.

Catelyn is easily one of my favorite fictional characters, maybe even the favorite. I guess Sansa might take a spot on my top 10 list as well.

The rest would probably be composed of characters from Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8 and 9. Yeah, I love me some Final Fantasy.

Theon is definitely in my top 10, he's one of my favorite characters of all time without a doubt.

Jaime would be in my top 20, at like number 13 maybe!

They are the only two though. I like a lot of the characters in ASOIAF but Theon and Jaime are the only two that I'm attached to.

It's hard to tell, as the novels aren't finished. Also, I tend not to have favorite characters but favorite authors. However, Ned's still my favorite, honor and all. Dunno if he'd be in the top ten of all time.

If we're talking solely about books then some characters (Cersei of a surety) would make it. However, if I were to include all forms of entertainment, I'd be lost. Making that list would exhaust me, to be honest... but now I can't get the thought out of my head and I might give it a try in the next days.

I just skimmed this thread. Have I gone insane or is Tyrion not even mentioned?

:eek:

I think Tyrion is one of the greatest and most complex characters in all of literature, and I've said this to many of my literarily snobbish friends. You get to look at close to the whole gamut of human behavior, physically, mentally and emotionally, and he easily gets the most kick-ass dialogue of any main character.

So yes,, Tyrion is one of the greatest characters I've ever encountered in any medium. (As a side note, to me the difference between "greatest character in any book" and "greatest character in any medium" is somewhere between slim and non-existent. Books are a great deal more nuanced than other story-telling media.)

Archived