NFL 2014 Week 6 - Run, Percy! Run!

Littlefingers In The Air

Well Chargers also have a long list of injuries on both sides of the ball. If they get healthier, they'll be better as the season goes along. They're on like the 4th string centre and RB, not to mention some key injuries on defense...

Seahawks are casually strolling to oblivion, it seems. Unger leaves a big void, but the weak D-line and the strangely light workload for Lynch are too much for Wilson to overcome. :(

The funny thing about Seahawks-Rams was how thoroughly Jeff Fisher okey-doked the Seahawks on special teams. Both with the fake punt and the fake punt return. Seahawks very likely win that game if either of those two plays don't go off. Seahawks had awesome special teams all year...up until Sunday. How often do you see a team get sucker punched twice?

Loved it. Wish you'd see more underdogs pulling out all the unconventional stops to try to steal one instead of letting Russell Wilson rip out their hearts...conventionally.

The funny thing about Seahawks-Rams was how thoroughly Jeff Fisher okey-doked the Seahawks on special teams. Both with the fake punt and the fake punt return. Seahawks very likely win that game if either of those two plays don't go off. Seahawks had awesome special teams all year...up until Sunday. How often do you see a team get sucker punched twice?

Loved it. Wish you'd see more underdogs pulling out all the unconventional stops to try to steal one instead of letting Russell Wilson rip out their hearts...conventionally.

Couldn't agree more, it probably helps that Fisher will should be fired at the end of the year if he doesn't get some good wins though.

Couldn't agree more, it probably helps that Fisher will should be fired at the end of the year if he doesn't get some good wins though.

Think so? Some terrible luck with the QB position (that he was stuck with when he got there) and being in the most competitive division in the league should buy him another year after this.

They're pretty competitive for the most part, and I get that that's never good enough, but I think he should have another shot next season.

Cowboys release Michael Sam from the practice squad. http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/11739971/dallas-cowboys-waive-michael-sam-first-openly-gay-player-drafted-practice-squad

My dad is pissed off because he really thinks Sam could have helped the pass rush but evidently the Cowboys thought otherwise. As I told my dad, Jerry Jones would sacrifice his own mother to win so I think they gave him every chance.

Think so? Some terrible luck with the QB position (that he was stuck with when he got there) and being in the most competitive division in the league should buy him another year after this.

They're pretty competitive for the most part, and I get that that's never good enough, but I think he should have another shot next season.

Meh, I've never been particularly impressed with Fish Mooney or Jeff Fisher. I got a close-up look at him for years when he was with Tennessee, and 'the team is competitive' is about all you can say about him. What? He went to a superbowl and lost like 15 years ago? The novelty has kind of worn off for me, personally.

Although, if he keeps up this killer-instinct mentality, I seriously support his continued employment as a Head Coach in the NFC.

The problem with giving Fisher another shot next year, is that they're going to be bad again next year. Since they probably aren't bringing back Bradford, they're going to be starting either Austin Davis or a rookie. Meaning they're winning in the 3-7 games range. They're in the bottom 5 in the league in overall talent.

And sort of apropos of nothing, but why has no one noticed that Blake Bortles is actually 40 years old? Maybe it's just this picture, but WTF? http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16724/blake-bortles

The Any Given Sunday on FO does a very good job showing what a chickenshit Jeff Fisher was in the second half. It's not that Wilson was amazing or that the Seahawks made adjustments - it's that the Rams went into a fucking hole.

This is honestly why so many games are close in the NFL - it's because NFL coaching isn't for closers. (John Fox has the same problem, IMO).

The Any Given Sunday on FO does a very good job showing what a chickenshit Jeff Fisher was in the second half. It's not that Wilson was amazing or that the Seahawks made adjustments - it's that the Rams went into a fucking hole.

This is honestly why so many games are close in the NFL - it's because NFL coaching isn't for closers. (John Fox has the same problem, IMO).

I get what the article is getting at, but it's kind of hard to call a guy chickenshit when he calls a fake punt from his own 25.

I get what the article is getting at, but it's kind of hard to call a guy chickenshit when he calls a fake punt from his own 25.
It's not that hard - he's a guy who is terrified of doing anything wrong until it's too late, then does something completely insane.

I'm seeing either a link of either Ty Willingham (or Idris Elba!) photoshopped to look like he's coaching Oregon. FO Link here.

And yeah, forget the nice things I said about Fisher. Can't stand coaches who turtle once they get a lead and like 85% of the head coaches in football do it. It's like a game long prevent defense. Hopefully he figures out that his passivity almost cost them the game up until one incredibly bold moment won it. But seeing as he he's been coaching for 20 years without figuring this out, I doubt it.

I'm seeing either a link of either Ty Willingham (or Idris Elba!) photoshopped to look like he's coaching Oregon. FO Link here.

And yeah, forget the nice things I said about Fisher. Can't stand coaches who turtle once they get a lead and like 85% of the head coaches in football do it. It's like a game long prevent defense. Hopefully he figures out that his passivity almost cost them the game up until one incredibly bold moment won it. But seeing as he he's been coaching for 20 years without figuring this out, I doubt it.

Playing aggressive (and putting bounty on opposing teams star QB) won Sean Payton/Drew Brees the superbowl. Mind you they lost against the Lions this week by staying agressive resulting in a Brees INT. Most of the coaches even with a HoF QB (I am looking at you John Fox) would have opted to run. But yeah, I would want the coaches to go for it as long as they have the personnel to get it done.

I went to the game tonight with a couple friends. It was a lot of fun, especially the last minute and a half of the second quarter. Although it was pretty depressing to see the stadium so empty. I've been going to games since I was a kid, like 13 years, and it's hard to think of a game that had fewer people. It wasn't like the weather was bad or it was really cold.

I went to bed after the first quarter. They looked so awful I thought for sure they were going to lose. I missed all the fun.

There's a decent segment on the NFL network called 'the official review' where every week the NFL's Head of Officiating takes a look at a couple of controversial calls and explains why they were called one way or another and how the rules work regarding certain situations. The Head of Officiating is pretty thorough in explaining what happens, and is open to admitting that there's a mistake that was made on the field or if he disagrees with a call.

This week he explained the Rams fumble at the end of the game and why Boomer Ehsiamason is a fucking moron. I recommend it highly.

It appears that the Pouncey bros. won't be charged for living it up in Miami over the Summer.

I can't imagine the misfortune of having two morons come out of the same womb on the same exact day.

I'm officially branding them with the Fuck Boi (FB) stamp.

I'd post the link but this computer at work is as incompetent as the two aforementioned ingrates.

Archived