What exactly is going on here?

Rhaegar the Dragon Prince

The show has to deviate from the books because it is going to end long before the final book comes out and they don't want to produce a major spoiler for millions of book fans. Expect the ending of the show to be completely different from the books.

I don't think HBO cares for the book fans, and since D&D spoke highly of the end... well, I'm sorry to break your bubble, but the show's ending will be the book's ending with only minor differences.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, so I'm going to try and not judge it too much just from a couple of photos.

What seems to be happening in the scene is that they're at the fighting pits soon after Dany gets hitched to Hizzy Zizzy.

OR, it could be after the Battle of Meeren, which I'm kind of hoping that it is.

I think that Tyrion will still become a slave along with Jorah, they'll probably axe Penny though. Somehow, Tyrion will escape/whatever and come up with a cunning plan to get a word in with Dany, maybe during her wedding.

I believe the reason that Jorah is fighting is that once Tyrion + Jorah first meet up with Dany she's going to be pretty angry to see him again. She will then make Jorah fight in the pits to win her back. The fact that Jorah is fighting in this scene supports the theory of this being before the Battle of Meeren, because if it was after I don't see why she would force him to fight after he's helped save her city.

I don't think that this is a terrible change from the books, like some of you are saying. Anyone can have their own opinion though, just thought I'd share mine.

Anwyay, I guess that we'll just have to wait and see!

Sidenote. Could this be one of season fives final episodes? Maybe this is when Dany rides Drogon? That means she won't be hanging out with Tyrion for so long and we'll finally get to see the two of them in the same room at least once or twice.

So... how does this story even work without Aegon? If Tyrion is ALREADY in Meereen, that means they cut out like 90% of his Dance storyline (meaning 100% of Aegon).

I'm just baffled.

It works just fine if you want to tell the story in 7 seasons and suspect as I do that Faegon isn't part of the end game.

Couldn't care less. It's been clear for some time now that the show runners think they know better than Martin how best to tell the story. Season 4 should have been a wake up call for anyone still dreaming of a faithful adaptation. Sure, they hit a few beats here and there that come straight from the book, throwing book fans a bone or two each episode to grab onto so they'll keep watching... by and large though it's a shoddily written knock-off.

I haven't been worried about being spoiled by the show for some time now. As I've said elsewhere, they've said they know the ending of the story, but why would they be faithful to that when they've been faithful to little else? Like as not they've already come up with a "better" ending that TV watchers will really love but will have little to do with the final ending of the books.

Will I still continue to watch the show? Probably, though season 4 was a slog at the end and I'd forget it was even on the DVR until days later. But I know my wife will want to watch so I'm sure I'll tune in, if only to see the wreckage of the story increase as they run out of source and have to invent material. Keep in mind, Benioff is the same guy who wrote Troy and Xmen origins Wolverine, so we're not exactly delving into Shakespeare anytime soon.

It's not like they know every beat in TWoW anyway, they know the ending of the story (supposedly) and any hints they may be giving about spoilers from the new book in the season should be taken with a heavy grain of salt. They did a shit job of adapting material that exists, can you imagine the butchery when they start making stuff up? The show will turn into a comedy of the wrong sort for many people.

I think the combination of no Arianne and Tyrion already being in Mereen with Dany is a serious indication that the show will cut Aegon. I think that makes a lot of sense to because show only viewers don't have all the backstory behind the Blackfyre rebellions and don't have any access to foreshadowing. Since they already have 1 hidden Targ to reveal they probably don't want to mess Jons reveal up by revealing Aegon first.

Tyrion will be with Jorah for most of the season actually. Jorah is a pit fighter, he's not on trial. Tyrion is likely Hizdahr's servant (he's sat beside him and wearing the same colours as him) and not known to Dany. (For these points and more, check out the casting thread...)

The show has to deviate from the books because it is going to end long before the final book comes out and they don't want to produce a major spoiler for millions of book fans. Expect the ending of the show to be completely different from the books.

I wish you were right but this is wishful thinking. If we don't want to be spoiled it looks like we should stop watching now....that sucks

Maybe Tyrion and Dany don't meet, and he's just having a little sit down between takes?

Actually, my thought exactly. The text under the photograph says so and they are clearly not filming because the bottles are in plain sight.

So my guess: Peter got up to sit with the others while they were filming Jorah.

It has to be the wedding scene because Daario is standing behind her, so he is still in Mereen. But where is Barristan? During the pit fight Tyrion recognised him immediately.

That Hizdahr looks hot btw.

It has to be the wedding scene because Daario is standing behind her, so he is still in Mereen. But where is Barristan? During the pit fight Tyrion recognised him immediately.

That Hizdahr looks hot btw.

I think Tyrion is definitely filming on that chair next to Hizdahr since he's got those clothes on him. I guess Barristan isn't there because he'd recognise Tyrion immediately which I don't think Dany knows of already.

That is too bad, because we'll probably lose ANOTHER Barristan badass scene.

The sky is not falling.

Daznaks will be EP 9 that gives ALOT of time for tyrions slave/yunkish plot.

More likely he will be hizdars man/slave whatever.

He was present at daznaks so yes that part will be changed to bring it in line/forward.

I'm also very worried they'll totally cut YG/G but we won't know til it happens.

Everyone. Just. Fucking. Chill.

Archived