Is Jaime in LESS trouble than we think?

larastone

IMO there's no way Jaime dies before he tells Daenerys about Aerys' crimes and how he died. There's a narrative reason why she hasn't found out yet and his name is Jaime Lannister.

(Plus he and Brienne have to have lots of sex and babies, ok maybe not but pleaaaaase GRRM?)

I never thought about Jamie telling Dany about Aerys. It would make her House of the Undying vision of the two of them make sense so she would probably be more inclined to believe it.

Brienne and Jamie have bonded too much for her not to tell Jamie what is going on. The BWB and LS can't be around the corner from where she intercepted Jamie so they have plenty of time to come up with a plan to save Pod and get themselves out safely. I don't know how the situation will resolve, but I agree that Jamie will not meet his end at the hands of LS. He has to complete his arc with Cersei and I've always felt like if one of them dies, they will die together. Cersei's always thinking they will leave this world the same way they came into it - together - and I don't think the story is ready to lose the two of them yet.

As for the show cutting LS, she could still be more important than you're now thinking in the books and not be included in the show. This story has so many plotlines that the show has to cut down on them or it will never get done. Theon's uncles aren't going to be in next season, but that doesn't mean they won't have an important role in the story. If LS does turn out to be a big deal, they can always introduce her later. It doesn't matter if she comes in later.

Part of me thinks that if Jaime was dead we would have heard about it already but on the other hand I can't see how he can possibly survive. Brienne has to take him to LS or Pod dies and I can't see how the BwB could possibly let him live. Maybe they have some plan to use him to free prisoners or get Riverrun back or something but surely they would then just kill him after that. I'm getting bored of these death fake-outs. If he does survive it better be realistic and not just deus ex machina or something because atm I can't see any realistic way Jaime survives. It would be too out of character for all characters involved. And he's on a redemption arc, surely that means he's doomed. I don't pay much attention to the show, they don't even have Quentyn.

About the contracts for next seasons, it doesn't mean much than just keep the actors available for anything they could be needed or promotion. IICR, half the cast of Glee signed up for Season 4 and many of them barely appeared. And they were paid the same. In that way, they don't need to search for more roles that could interfere with their schedule.

The show can achieve the same ends through different means.

They did not include Arys Oakhart, did they? Anyway, if no Arianna and/or no Arys, no KG gets killed in Dorne to give vacancy for unGregor. Now, your not so dangerous Jaime is the only KG at Done in S5, but I don't think he will die there. I think unGregor is gonna take the KG slot left by Meryn Fucking Trant, who is all poised to meet his untimely demise in Braavos. And here I thought we won't get Mercy in the show since Arya killed Polliver in s4e1.

Not that D&D would care to conserve the total number of KG, but Jaime can not meet Stoneheart and still die.

I never thought about Jamie telling Dany about Aerys. It would make her House of the Undying vision of the two of them make sense so she would probably be more inclined to believe it.

Exactly! "Let him be king over charred bones and burnt flesh..." HI DAD.

I also greatly anticipate the meeting because presumably Tyrion will be there also, probably on #teamdany. So lots of interesting interactions.

Brienne and Jamie have bonded too much for her not to tell Jamie what is going on. The BWB and LS can't be around the corner from where she intercepted Jamie so they have plenty of time to come up with a plan to save Pod and get themselves out safely.

I fear for Brienne. She doesn't seem quite right int that last Jaime chapter. She might be planning to die herself or kill Jaime even though that is almost unimaginable for her character at the point we left her in AFFC. Maybe she justifies it by saving pod... But, I can't imagine that he will die. She might though which would be awful. GRRM... Don't hurt me again plz.

For now, absolutely. I'd be willing to bet everything I own, that LS will not be killing Jaime. Is arc, is far from over. Would LS be justified, in killing him? Of course, but I don't see it happening now. There is the possibility that he still needs to kill Cersei. But in meantime, LS will use him to either track down Sansa(doubtful) or she will use him to retake Riverrun, as well free her brother.

There are also the dreams he has been having, regarding his failure in protecting Rhaegar's children and his other failures in his KG brothers. So the possibility remains out there, that once he finds about Jon; he may try to fulfill his vows by trying to serve Jon. Of that may be a bit of fan fiction on my part, but it's still possible.

The show can achieve the same ends through different means.

They did not include Arys Oakhart, did they? Anyway, if no Arianna and/or no Arys, no KG gets killed in Dorne to give vacancy for unGregor. Now, your not so dangerous Jaime is the only KG at Done in S5, but I don't think he will die there. I think unGregor is gonna take the KG slot left by Meryn Fucking Trant, who is all poised to meet his untimely demise in Braavos. And here I thought we won't get Mercy in the show since Arya killed Polliver in s4e1.

Not that D&D would care to conserve the total number of KG, but Jaime can not meet Stoneheart and still die.

That will make sense because book Mercy was only able to seduce Polliver because he was a pervert, but she's well into puberty in the show and it would be more believable she could lure a non-pervert to a secluded place.

Well Jaime did mention like 4 times in every riverlands chapter that he didn't plan to be taken unaware again, sending scouts out everywhere and taking extreme precautions. Just because we heard he went off into the woods alone with Breinne doesn't make it true, infact I doubt it very much. He has some type of plan regardless if "the hound said come alone" or not.

Well, for me, if LS kills Jaime, then it already happened in the DWD timeline. Meaning we would see Jaime's death right in the beginning of TWOW. And that doesn't make sense to me, if GRRM decided to kill Jaime like that he would have done it in DWD, imo. That's why I don't think he would be killed by LS.

I've long felt that just like in life he'll get away from Cat scott free. She's not going to kill him. I won't be surprised if he gets away for some nonsensical reason. Find Sansa even though that's what she told Brienne to do already and Jamie already sent her on a fool's errand.

I think Jaime will survive his encounter with Lady Stoneheart because there's one thing she values more than revenge: Her daughters. She knows Arya was last seen in the presence of Sandor, and she currently hold Pod and Ser Hyle, who have all the information necessary to piece together Sandor's location. Sandor is the reigning champion from the last great tourney, so Jaime will convince her that only the very best of warriors (himself) could possibly capture him to question him about Arya.

Alternately, Jaime could die in a smoky cave amidst Brienne's salty tears, in the presence of the only priest who's successfully performed a resurrection. Crackpot, yes, but all the essential elements are there without stretching.

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading this.

I thought Brienne was sent to kill Jaime, not retrieve him?

Either way I'm confident he'll survive. But I'm far more confident Brienne would spare him as apposed to LS. If any of Catelyn is left in LS, she'll want to watch him die.

I'm very confused about LS, though. I can't commit to the idea that she's purely vengeful and not driven by a strategic motive.... I'm very 'on the fence' with Un-Cat which is why i enjoyed the theory in the quote above.

I think that Brienne is going to lead Jaime off, intending to kill him as she promised, but then she will lose her nerve, because she is in love with Jaime and killing him is too much for her. She'll confess to Jaime what she was sent to do, and he'll try to repay his debt to Catelyn, save himself, and save Pod by freeing Edmure. Perhaps he'll succeed, perhaps an unexpected loop will be thrown.

I suspect that Stoneheart's role in all this will be turned over, in the show, to either Beric Dondarrion or the Blackfish. The show made a point of noting that the Blackfish escaped the Red Wedding, so we know he'll be back.

IMO there's no way Jaime dies before he tells Daenerys about Aerys' crimes and how he died. There's a narrative reason why she hasn't found out yet and his name is Jaime Lannister.

(Plus he and Brienne have to have lots of sex and babies, ok maybe not but pleaaaaase GRRM?)

Yes way. The books are littered with people who "ought" to have cathartic confrontations and don't, because one or both of them died before they could. It would be great for Daenerys to be faced with the full hideous truth of what a monster her father was, but GRRM loves irony and understands that truth all too often doesn't make it into the history books.

And of course, we know that Jaime and Brienne totally want to get in each others' smallclothes, and it would be great if they did, but knowing GRRM their love will probably end in tragedy. Also, their strong respective senses of honor and Jaime's newfound devotion to his oath may prevent them from ever having sex. But if Brienne does willingly give up her maidenhead, it'll be to Jaime.

Yes way. The books are littered with people who "ought" to have cathartic confrontations and don't, because one or both of them died before they could. It would be great for Daenerys to be faced with the full hideous truth of what a monster her father was, but GRRM loves irony and understands that truth all too often doesn't make it into the history books.

It's possible, but I like my theory and I'm sticking to it. Dany eill find out some way, IMO, and this would be a dramatic scene so I think would be fun. there are just too many people that know and most of then aren't as friendly as Barristan and Jorah so they'll want to rub her noses in the truth.

And of course, we know that Jaime and Brienne totally want to get in each others' smallclothes, and it would be great if they did, but knowing GRRM their love will probably end in tragedy. Also, their strong respective senses of honor and Jaime's newfound devotion to his oath may prevent them from ever having sex. But if Brienne does willingly give up her maidenhead, it'll be to Jaime.

I kind of think that them actually doin' it would be more of a trope subversion. What we have now is the classic in love but honor/duty stops it thing. Like crouching tiger hidden dragon. GRRM loves to write about how our baser selves are more likely to rule the day a lot of the time.

Archived