Villainous characters who you feel sorry for.

TimJames

I dont see pure evil as you re saying fellow.

Well, Cersei is definitely not. Shes immoral, for sure, bad to the bone, cold. But she loves her kids a lot.

Tywin was more desilusioned then evil, frustrated.

The Hound was tormented, badly raised,bad companies but showed up some good nature.

The most eevil guys i see are Gregor, Joffrey and Euron.

Gregor is completely selfish, sadistic and a clock bomb.

Joffrey was a spoiled, in formation serial killer.

And Euron is a clear psychopat with no remorse.

I dont see pure evil as you re saying fellow.

Well, Cersei is definitely not. Shes immoral, for sure, bad to the bone, cold. But she loves her kids a lot.

Tywin was more desilusioned then evil, frustrated.

The Hound was tormented, badly raised,bad companies but showed up some good nature.

The most eevil guys i see are Gregor, Joffrey and Euron.

Gregor is completely selfish, sadistic and a clock bomb.

Joffrey was a spoiled, in formation serial killer.

And Euron is a clear psychopat with no remorse.

Gregor was a monster, yes but he was kind of like Tyrion, too tall.

Tywin. I feel like for all his bullshit, there's this great tragic story of a man who had it all and yet never really had it all. He let his bitterness and hatred consume and destroy him. I just picture 20 year old Tywin with his whole life ahead of him and then having that all go down hill. His wife dies, he loses all his closest friends, he's constantly mocked and derided, he's got this secret hypocrisy with whores, the one son most like him is the one who kills him. I dunno, I just feel for the guy sometimes.

Viserys...there's something just so unbelievably tragic about him and it genuinely makes me sad with how much of a monster he became as he got older.

Theon, its kind of impossible not to at this point unless you're completely heartless tbh.

Jaime, not so much in AFFC but in ASOS when he lost his hand and was suffering I really really did feel for him.

Cersei, ugh my fucked up tragic golden queen , she's so monstrous but I find there to be something so incredibly human about her at same time. Cersei can burn down the entire world tbqh and I would still love her.

I feel like an asshole for not being able to feel anything for Lysa but I just can't see any parts of myself in her at all. With the above characters I can see some parts of my own self in them but not with Lysa.

Theon - I really hated him when I first read ACoK but I can't help but pity him now. Also, I don't think he's pure evil; he's being torn between his own family and the Starks, he has to make a choice and desperately tries to prove that he's a true Ironborn. He's pretty lost and even though he's done some horrible things I don't think he deserves what he has to endure later.

Cersei - she's a scheming bitch and she's totally crazy but there are those awkward moments when I really feel sorry for her because she tries so hard to get Tywin's love and respect and because she's trying to be more than what society will allow her to be. She is, like her brothers, totally fucked up, thanks to Tywin.

Jaime - I thought he was pure evil when I first read AGoT and ACoK but ever since he's lost his hand and GRRM allows us to see the world through his eyes, he totally won me over. My favourite character.

Lysa, yes. Ugh.

Viserys too for some strange reason.

Cersei, ugh my fucked up tragic golden queen , she's so monstrous but I find there to be something so incredibly human about her at same time. Cersei can burn down the entire world tbqh and I would still love her.

Eh, I'm kind of over her now, sorry to say. She is totally going to burn down the world though.

Also seconding that Theon is not a villain to me.

Jaime was(?) a villain all right (and is my favorite POV) but IMHO there is nothing to feel all that sorry for him.

Tywin. I feel like for all his bullshit, there's this great tragic story of a man who had it all and yet never really had it all. He let his bitterness and hatred consume and destroy him. I just picture 20 year old Tywin with his whole life ahead of him and then having that all go down hill. His wife dies, he loses all his closest friends, he's constantly mocked and derided, he's got this secret hypocrisy with whores, the one son most like him is the one who kills him. I dunno, I just feel for the guy sometimes.

:agree: So much this.

And also his kids.

Archived