Which character is the kindest?

teemo

So there are all of these threads on who is the most evil, the most badass, etc., but who do you think is the most kind? Who would make a great role model? The first person in current times that comes to my head is Brienne. Or Hodor. In recent history, Arthur Dayne sounded like a really good guy.

Bran? Bran is my favorite character but he also committed the worst crime that I can imagine when he was warging Hodor.

Right now I can't think of anyone kinder than Gilly, she's even able to put herself in Dareon's place and points out to Sam that he should understand how Dareon isn't able to stand the noise that Mance's son makes and her own crying.

Next are Sam, Sansa and even Jon (on a less personal, but more societal level).

ETA:

THE KINDLY MAN :rofl:

Nah, he's just kind of kindly ;).

It's usually the side-kicks. Pod, Davos, Sam etc. They show true dedication and a level of selflessness that can be very inspiring. I got really excited for aFfC as Brienne (I'd always seen her as a side-kick before. Renly, Cat, Jaime etc) was finally off on her own and making her own decisions.
Same with Sam and Davos. Maybe one day, George will regale us with the tale of Pod?

Bran? Bran is my favorite character but he also committed the worst crime that I can imagine when he was warging Hodor.

Does anyone actually say to bran that it's wrong? It's not like warging is a known skill, and therefore known to be evil. I mean he's a nine year old cripple for gods sake. Worst crime imaginable is a stretch. He's hardly Gregor clegane, or Ramsey.

Does anyone actually say to bran that it's wrong? It's not like warging is a known skill, and therefore known to be evil. I mean he's a nine year old cripple for gods sake. Worst crime imaginable is a stretch. He's hardly Gregor clegane, or Ramsey.

I'm willing to give Bran a little leeway but he knows it's wrong. He has to know. Hodor reacts with a lot of horror and fear. It always seemed to me that Bran was aware he was being bad but he tries to cover it up by saying "It's only for a little while... I'm giving it back..."

That child logic.

I know this will not be an popular opinion but iam going to say

daenerys she is kind but also ruthless sometimes to her enemies

Yes, she is both one of the kindest (holding Doreah while she died, personally brining water to the ex-slaves with the pale mare) and the cruelest at the same time (crucifixion,etc).

I think she has a good mix. Her people love her, but her enemies fear her.

Archived