Small Questions v.10095

Jon Weirgaryen

Dumb question: is there a way to rename a thread one has created? I'm pretty Yolkboy did for his S+B=M when he added the second part, but I can't for the life of me find how.

Of course I spent ages rereading my post, but left a horrible typo in the title. Derp.

Go to your OP, click edit, and then click full editor (or something like that). Then you can change the thread title as well as the OP.

Did Maelys the Monstrous wield Blackfyre?

We don't know. Blackfyre is no longer mentioned from Bittersteels flight to Essos. It appears he still has it in 211 AC, when people complain Daemon II did not receive the sword.

But after that, we don't know. It could be that it was still in the posession of House Blackfyre. If so, Maelys would have it. It could also be it had gotten lost earlier..

The art in the world book is not canon, I know, by GRRM did provide feedback, and I find it very interesting that Maelys fights Barristan in the artwork with a morningstar, not a sword... ;)

Torghen Flint uses a blackthorn cane at the Wall in Dance. Do we see somebody else use a blackthorn cane?

From Storm:

He saw Maester Aemon standing by the fire, his hands folded around the head of a blackthorn cane.

...did the dude steal Aemon's cane!?

Oh nevermind I guess it's just a common cane material?

Arnolf Karstark came hobbling, leaning on his blackthorn cane.

Dorian Martell, it is possible that "the Rock lies closer" could simply be the easiest way to say that Tywin was going to get word first. The Twins did lie closer and Catlyn thinks Walder will send a letter to Tywin, and the Golden Tooth lies much closer than Casterly Rock, and from there you could safely send a raven, which Yoren couldn't do from anywhere.

In GoT, when Ned and Catelyn are talking about King Robert coming, Ned says last time he saw Tommen he was still at the Lannister woman's teat. Catelyn tells him Tommen is 7 years old. But then later on, Ned says it's been 9 years since he last saw Robert...did I miss some time when Ned saw Cersei and the kids but not Robert?

Re the discrepancy between Tommen's age and Ned seeing Cersei, I don't believe we've seen a satisfactory answer yet.

I've heard the theory that Ned and Cat bumped into Cersei and the goldenheads on the road at some point, possibly while the latter were headed to the Rock while King Bob stayed in KL to do what he does.

I've heard the theory that Ned and Cat bumped into Cersei and the goldenheads on the road at some point, possibly while the latter were headed to the Rock while King Bob stayed in KL to do what he does.

Yeah that was Ran's explanation and it works for me.

Archived