Small Questions v.10095

Jon Weirgaryen

And what? He just watched peacefully as his girl was crowned by Rhaegar?

So much information about the Starks and their romances and whispers... is there anything else known about Robert?

From The World of Ice and Fire:

As for Robert Baratheon himself, some say he laughed at the prince’s gesture, claiming that Rhaegar had done no more than pay Lyanna her due … but those who knew him better say the young lord brooded on the insult, and that his heart hardened toward the Prince of Dragonstone from that day forth.

Unless I'm much mistaken, most of the Westerosi members of the Golden Company are from the Reech. How would FAegon be able to give them lands if the Reech lords who profited from the betrayal of their ancestors came to his side also? Of course, he could give them lands other than their ancestral lands, but it seems to me that his alliances could cause him something of a problem in the future.

Just a small question I always had, not enough to warrant it's own thread. Westeros is known as the Seven Kingdoms. Yet the count seems to be somewhat off.

The North(House Stark), The Riverlands(House Tully), The Vale(House Arryn), Iron Islands(House Greyjoy), the Reach(House Tyrell), the Westerlands(House Lannister), the Stormlands(House Baratheon) and Dorne(House Martell) all add up to eight.

The Crownlands are obviously not counted even if they're effectively ruled directly by the king. Either way that adds up to eight. So my question is which of the Great Houses isn't their own kingdom as it were?

Are the Tyrells not counted as one since they're relatively new as a great house? Do the Greyjoys simply get slighted even though they were their own kingdom with an independence movement? Did the term Seven Kingdoms come into being before Dorne was brought into the fold and the misnomer just stuck?

Just a small question I always had, not enough to warrant it's own thread. Westeros is known as the Seven Kingdoms. Yet the count seems to be somewhat off.

The North(House Stark), The Riverlands(House Tully), The Vale(House Arryn), Iron Islands(House Greyjoy), the Reach(House Tyrell), the Westerlands(House Lannister), the Stormlands(House Baratheon) and Dorne(House Martell) all add up to eight.

The Crownlands are obviously not counted even if they're effectively ruled directly by the king. Either way that adds up to eight. So my question is which of the Great Houses isn't their own kingdom as it were?

Are the Tyrells not counted as one since they're relatively new as a great house? Do the Greyjoys simply get slighted even though they were their own kingdom with an independence movement? Did the term Seven Kingdoms come into being before Dorne was brought into the fold and the misnomer just stuck?

There were only seven kingdoms when Aegon did his conquering, because house Hoare ruled the Iron Isles and riverlands from Harrenhal as the "Kings of Isles and Rivers." The name has stuck. It's also worth noting that Aegon and his sisters failed to conquer the seventh kingdom, Dorne.

Edit: Still struggling with not capitalizing the word riverlands. So weird.

Unless I'm much mistaken, most of the Westerosi members of the Golden Company are from the Reech. How would FAegon be able to give them lands if the Reech lords who profited from the betrayal of their ancestors came to his side also? Of course, he could give them lands other than their ancestral lands, but it seems to me that his alliances could cause him something of a problem in the future.

A problem like having two great quarterbacks on the same team.

My question: are there any theories about warlocks and Undying of Qarth? About why did Undying want Dany dead, and did warlocks cooperate with them? If they wanted Dany dead, then why show her visions first?

I know books don't expand on this subject, I just wanted to know if there are any theories around.

^Didn't you just create a thread about this, or at least comment I the thread that was talking about it? They remained alive by stealing the life force of other people, Danys life force was strong because of the magic. The Undying t the head of the Worlocks.

No, I didn't. If I had known of any theories, I would not have asked the question here ;)

I have a stupid question: on the wiki it's written that Irri and Jhiqui are mentionned in A Feast for Crows. I can't imagine who would mention them in the book. Does someone remember?

That must be an error and should say A Dance with Dragons, not A Feast for Crows.

In ADwD, Daenerys thinks of them 54 times alltogether, they appear in every Daenerys chapter at least once.

Ser Barristan also remembers them in ADwD 55 The Queensguard and ADwD 59 The Discarded Knight

Archived