Greyjoy storyline

My guess is that they'll cast Euron for S6, and have him do whatever important thing he is going to do in TWOW.

Balon will unceremoniously killed off and Euron will just take his place, without any kingsmoot. Maybe they'll have Asha question his position, but we'll see what happens to her in S5 (if anything).

Euron will not send Victarion anywhere, as he doesn't exist in the show canon and Dany doesn't need him to return to Westeros.

So in short, the whole Ironborn plotline from AFFC/ADWD is cut, but will be picked up with TWOW.

I think Euron has two purposes in the narrative:

1. Send Victarion and the dragonhorn to Dany

2. Create chaos in the Reach

3. Be killed at Oldtown when fAegon comes and saves the day

1. With no Victarion, obviously he cannot have that purpose in the show. Besides, it looks like the show will have a visit to the ruins of Valyria where Stone Men live. So, the dragonhorn might be recovered from there. Or the dragonhorn can be alltogether omitted as well.

2. There are many ways to create chaos in the Reach for the show and perhaps the show might alltogether omit Highgarden or the Reach. The Reach is likely to be the main playground of the Second Dance and since it looks like we will have no Dance in the show, the Reach might be alltogether omitted by the show.

3. Since fAegon does not look like coming and the Second Dance not happening, this also serves no purpose.

Therefore, I don't see any reason why Euron should be cast. I don't think he will do any of the crackpot things the fans come up with. He is a minor character whose purpose is to move the plot forward. He is not a big character. In the books, he already served most of his purpose.

It would sincerly be anticlimatic in a bad way if Euron fookin' Greyjoy was killed by Aegon.

Euron has been built up and portrayed so mysteriously and I'm sure the Silence is filled with treasures and wonders from all over the Known World and further. He must have something big up his sleeves, probably bigger than the Horn.

Maybe I'm completely wrong but I'm really looking forward to see what Euron is up to in Winds, and hope to see him in season 6. But I think at this point, he'll likely be the only main new character for season 6.

I still think there's a chance we get Euron next season, though it's possible that Yara will get Victarion's role. Balon needs to die already...

They certainly are killing off enough characters this season to make room for some new ones next year. I'm still holding out hope we get Howland Reed next year as well.

I see one of two things happening. One is Balon dies at some point and the Iron Islands story pretty much is gone. Two is Euron/Victarion/Aeron all pretty much get merged into the existing Greyjoys Balon/Theon/As-- Yara(sigh) and we get some condensed version of it. If I had to guess it will be the former and Balon's only alive because they wanted a fuller introduction to the Faceless Men before he dies.

It may be possible that the Greyjoys will only have a part to play in the show when Dany arrives in Westeros and they join her bringing the Ironborn to her cause. They = Yara and/or Theon.

Considering how they have been ignored altogether so far, I can see this happening. So sadly, no Euron.

It would sincerly be anticlimatic in a bad way if Euron fookin' Greyjoy was killed by Aegon.

Euron has been built up and portrayed so mysteriously and I'm sure the Silence is filled with treasures and wonders from all over the Known World and further. He must have something big up his sleeves, probably bigger than the Horn.

Maybe I'm completely wrong but I'm really looking forward to see what Euron is up to in Winds, and hope to see him in season 6. But I think at this point, he'll likely be the only main new character for season 6.

Agreed with all of this. Euron is too intriguing of a character to just omit entirely or think his lone purpose is a device to move the plot forward.

For the fans who think there isn't enough time left to wrap everything up so B&W can't introduce Euron or spend time w the IB, what exactly do you foresee happening in the next two seasons? Season 5 is going to exhaust almost all of the existing source material. Do you really trust these guys to just take it from here on their own, aside from "the ending" that they know of? I don't. If there is source material available that might be integral to the story I want to see it translated to the screen.

I think we'll see Euron next season. I wouldn't be surprised if they hint at him this season too. Maybe when Stannis takes Deepwood Motte!!

I'm not holding my breath for Euron. But Deepwood Motte ( :commie: ) appears on the map shown in the next episode's preview.

dunno.

many apologies if already pointed out but Jaime catching the Dornish sword with his golden hand provided a nice little echo of Victarion doing something similar in AFFC, though using his [for a time at least] real hand, clad in "lobstered steel" [great term] guantlet.

D & D haven't been too keen on flamboyant characters (Tormund and Mance grimmed up, Daario the understated Dutch hipster, Strong Belwas gone) so I'm not sure they are all in on Euron.

It's still possible we see him S6, but with the Seige of Meereen unlikely, his role would change. I'd miss Vic more, tbh.

I got given a book about the making of the TV show for my birthday, in it goes through all the houses that are there, and in Dorne for example Arianne and Quentyn are missing, for the Tyrells, Garlan and Willas are missing. For the Greyjoys, Victarion and Aeron are missing but Euron is still in.

I think that annoying as it is as it really puts off that whole leech burning scene back in series 3 but I think they will still go to the Iron Islands, and that's why Balon's death is put off. Also I know the dreadfort scene was really bad, but I think it was just a way of reminding people about Balon and Yara, wouldn't be any need unless there was something later.

Euron still being there means they can do some version of the kingsmoot with Yara & Victarion's storylines merged. The actress who plays Yara is featured heavily at the end of the season (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2247629/), which will either be a Greyjoy alliance with Daenerys or her being captured by Stannis. I would say Stannis is more likely, but Euron's existence on the family tree makes me doubt.

Euron still being there means they can do some version of the kingsmoot with Yara & Victarion's storylines merged. The actress who plays Yara is featured heavily at the end of the season (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2247629/), which will either be a Greyjoy alliance with Daenerys or her being captured by Stannis. I would say Stannis is more likely, but Euron's existence on the family tree makes me doubt.

Stannis captures her and she hears through rumors in the camp that Euron won the Kingsmoot by a landslide?

They just delay Greyjoy kingsmood for season 6. No way they cut Euron from the show, every show needs a psycho super villain not a Gregorstein robot.

We have Ramsay and Roose. And Joff/Tywin did lots of good villaining too. Oh, Karl Tanner and Locke as well.

This

If they wanted to cut Greyjoy story line, why did they made the Dreafort dogs scene in season 4. What a waste of money.

And they also need someone to replace Joff and Ramsay (when he is dead) as badass psycho lord. Since they make Stannis looks like a hero now, their only candidates is Euron Greyjoy for season 6

Archived