UK Politics: You Didn't See That Coming

mormont

Actually he won it 17-14, but he's going anyway. Which is understandable in the circumstances.

He did? Oh, sorry for the misinformation. I just saw the headline while sitting in a bar. News was on silent so I didn't catch the full story.

Good news from the Republic of Ireland on the Referendum it seems :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32858501

(Wasn't really sure this belonged here or not but thought I would leave it anyway)

It properly belongs in the non-existent "politics of Eire XIV: don't charge me any more for my water" thread. However given the aforementioned absence of the foregoing we'll just pretend that independence never happened and we're all still one big occasionally very unhappy family again.

Now of the British Isles it's just Northern Ireland that doesn't have Same Sex Marriage then? Does The Isle of Man?

don't they have public caning on the Isle of Man instead or has that been done away with now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Emergency Budget tomorrow to rectify George Osborne's last one before the election, or something.

Anybody else tired of all the main budget points getting leaked before the day itself? Is it Osborne's tactic to avoid another Omnishambles Budget?

Well done to the government for continuing their policy of introducing a new age of majority. Apparently if you're under 25, you're still a child and should live at home with your parents. You don't need adult things like a house, a student grant, or a living wage. Why would a person of 21 need any of those things? Don't be silly! Daddy and mummy will pay their bills!

Can someone clarify the maintenance grant thing? I didn't catch what year that comes into effect, and whether it applies to existing students or not. (If it does then boo for me *sigh* )

Don't quote me on this, but I think it comes in for September, available money increases, but is a loan, to be paid back once earnings reach £21k.

And yes, its a big "Boo" from everyone, (excepting the american right, of course)

Archived