How do you kill an Other/Whitewalker aside from VS, Dragonsglass, or fire?

mystickristoff

There have been numerous battles with them involved but it's not like their opposing sides will have these 3 things all the time. At the battle at fist of the first men, it's not everyone had VS or dragonsglass. The only ones there that had them would have been Jon Snow and Samwell Tarly right? Fire might work but that's mostly used on Wights.

Well you could start by cutting their heads off, see if that works. We have no confirmation that Valyrian Steel does work on the Others or that VS and Dragons Steel are the same thing. They do have heads so cutting them off might work.

Exactly what i was thinking. Isnt there myst everytime they appear? Maybe the sun can weaken or kill them?

Wildfire might work, normal fire probably not.

A huge rock thrown at a WW might kill it.

My best bet is archers with wildfire arrow tops, DS, obsidian steel, VS and dragons. Other than that... talking to them is the next best thing :)

Well you could start by cutting their heads off, see if that works. We have no confirmation that Valyrian Steel does work on the Others or that VS and Dragons Steel are the same thing. They do have heads so cutting them off might work.

Cutting heads would be simple. Too simple. If that would be true, all you need is to bring a lot of fire so your soldiers don't freeze and cut heads.

Jon cut the hand of the Wight who attacked Mormont but hand was still moving if I remember correctly. Cutting limbs will definitly neutralize but won't kill them.

The Others/Whitewalkers are not the same as the Wights so cutting off their limbs might be more effective. We don't really know.

First of all, Valyrian Steel is not known to kill Others. Jon and Sam are guessing that dragonsteel is VS. They might be wrong.

Second, they seem to be magical, so things like wildfire and dragonflame might work.

Third, maybe Mel knows a spell or something?

Jon cut the hand of the Wight who attacked Mormont but hand was still moving if I remember correctly. Cutting limbs will definitly neutralize but won't kill them.

Fire will kill the wights, but not the Others.

ETA: Ooh! Ooh! What about weirwood arrows?

Archived