Secret Drunk: Why am I WHISPERING?

Lily Valley

I am sipping on some Two Hearted Ales and toasting all my friends who are not present, including but not limited to many of you fine folks, the dog who lives with me is looking at me funny because she knows I'm not addressing her and there is no one else here. It is a beautiful night to sit on the porch and read until the mosquitos win, though the prodigious clouds of smoke coming from the herbal inferno seems to be keeping these beasties at bay. If that's not medicinal, I know not what is.

Look, i was in a similar place relatively recently. Drinking will not help, part of you already knows this. I do apologize if you were genuinely upset by anything i've said.

Sorry, but this is the drunk thread. We aren't looking for platitudes. Please come back when you are 4 sheets to the wind :)

Nice Larry!

*joins the ladies in solidarity as she cracks open another beer to continue the day drinking*

• 2 weeks later...

I was supposed to go to bed early, so tomorrow will be rough. I have to get up early regardless.

Instead I am opening that beer that is going to send me to hangover country.

Doing it on purpose. I hate everyone except for you fine people.

I do realize I should take this moment to do some self-reflection to figure out why I am so disconnected from all of my friends and family, but frankly I am not in the mood.

So I am putting my hot-tempered ass in a bathtub full of ice with all the vodka instead.

Don't worry. I just checked my fridge, I have two bottles of wine, a bottle of Bailey's, a bottle of vodka, some soy sauce and one zucchini... and my first thought on seeing my fridge in that state was that I need to buy some more of those little mini vodka bottles to take to overly expensive bars in my purse.

Don't worry. I just checked my fridge, I have two bottles of wine, a bottle of Bailey's, a bottle of vodka, some soy sauce and one zucchini... and my first thought on seeing my fridge in that state was that I need to buy some more of those little mini vodka bottles to take to overly expensive bars in my purse.

. Save the bottles and refill them from the big bottle, although sometimes they leak so also helps to put them in a Ziploc bag.

• 2 weeks later...

I am TANKED!

GOOD GOD IN HEAVEN TAKE ME AWAY SO I DON'T SEE THE HANGOVER.

and o shit I have a party I have to attend in the evening.

I should probably go to bed, but there is a person already there.. Why WHY don't I have a king sized bed? (no talking and no touching)

• 1 month later...

*dusts off thread*

Three beers in and about to catch up on 'Alone' to see who wins this thing.

Finishing up the fine-tuning of votes for a certain something.

oh, LV, in order to show solidarity with wife's cigarette cessation objective, i have given up liquor in addition to tobacco. does not my 100% success rate in double cessation just twerk the fuck outta your noodle?

am kinda digging austerity, so may give up sugar next, and thereafter coffee, &c., with oxygen-free living as a reasonable long-term goal.

If you can make it past the first week of giving up sugar, it gets easier.

I need to give it up again.  I was good for 7 months, then I lost my mind and went on a binge.  Haven't been able  (haven't tried hard enough) to give it up since.  But I've been weaning myself off it this week. (just small amounts in the afternoon)

But I still have the last of a bottle of Bahama Mama in the fridge that needs drinking first :P

oh, LV, in order to show solidarity with wife's cigarette cessation objective, i have given up liquor in addition to tobacco. does not my 100% success rate in double cessation just twerk the fuck outta your noodle?

am kinda digging austerity, so may give up sugar next, and thereafter coffee, &c., with oxygen-free living as a reasonable long-term goal.

Somebody pull down this man's pants.  See if he's circumcised.

Archived