FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015

Alarich

Im not seeing what I'd like to from the U.S. (I say from my couch). Just silly, unforced errors.

Rapinoe has been great at positioning but I wish her crosses were better.

The space rapinoe was given on that goal was huge

Right? Yeah, sure, you have that cross locked down but she just takes it most of the way down their half. Rough start to the US with a good improvement and adjustment over the game. It felt like most of the first half was about the US hanging in with good saves from Solo and good individual efforts on the ball: most head to head engagements came up US, but Aus had by far the better passing game through the first. By the second, it was US all the way.

Terrible penalty call against the Swiss 'keeper. That was a brave save, and not a foul. Now Japan are very lucky to be up against a (so far) impressive Swiss team.

Just watched some highlights - Rapinoe is not too bad at this football lark...

Not sure how confident I feel about England vs France later today. England have put a lot of work in and our game is improving but France are supposedly still a step above at the moment. Hoping our Toni Duggan has a big game up front

I'd really like to watch that match but I'll be at work. It's 1pm my time.

First year when the majority of the England team train and play full time so the target of a Quarter Final minimum isn't too outlandish... crashing into France first probably isn't ideal like...

Kair

The (women) was just to distinguish this thread from the World Cup qualification (men). English isn't my first language, so maybe I don't get all the semantic sensitivities here, but to me the two aspects (a) football and ( b ) international tournament were more interesting than © women. In the interest of clarity, I'll change the thread title to the official tournament name.

Archived