FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015

Alarich

I was willing to chalk up Canada's opening game performance to nerves, but they looked pretty toothless in attack again. We aren't looking like a contender so far.

Pretty stoked for this evening's USA game. I packed my USA shirt to work so I can have it on at the bar later! Been a lot of shit talk from the old USA manager who is with the swedes now, so it's time we answered on the pitch.

I agree with the halftime commentary that Sweden swarming Rapinoe gives Krieger the space to take, and I'm glad Krieger is taking it, but there's just no plan at the end of that run. She's tenacious as hell but she needs to execute better once she gets in the opposing third. It's not all her, of course, she doesn't always have good options.

There's been a distinct lack of quality in the final third from both sides so far. It's a bit disappointing given this is a fairly high profile match up, hopefully it'll pick up in the last third.

ETA: Fucking hell, two on one for Sweden and a shit final ball again.

Rapinoe has put some good balls into the box but she's about the only one on the pitch doing it.

Archived