What would you do if you were in mad king's position?

Sephelutis

I would have married rhaegar to the young lioness instead of the dornish woman.

Would Cercie still have done twincest?

Would she have gotten away with it still? Seems to me bobby was a little easier to fool.

The marriage would have sealed the lannister alliance and most likely prevented the rebellion.

If not it Would have definitely changed the course of events of the sack of kings landing. And Robert may have not won the crown... Hopefully if im the mad king lol

Sing while the city burns. Aerys was mad as a hatter. Had he not been, the Targaryen status quo would've continued.

Maybe. Or maybe his apparently illogical actions were the result of following the same prophecy as Rheagar.

Cersei has been sent mad by Maggy's prophecy. We know Rheagar was obsessed by a prophecy but not what it was.

Maybe. Or maybe his apparently illogical actions were the result of following the same prophecy as Rheagar.

Cersei has been sent mad by Maggy's prophecy. We know Rheagar was obsessed by a prophecy but not what it was.

Cersei was already on the path of moral insanity before the prophecy: her abuse of Tyrion, her incestuous play with her brother (which their mother's maid caught them at), her behaviour with Maggy and killing her 'friend' right after. As is typical for such personality disorders any type of narcissistic injury aggrevates it, and they tend to regard everything as a narcissistic injury anyhow.

1. Not angering Iron Bank.

2. Doing actually something instead only having fun in capital.

3. Getting rid of Pycelle.

4. Accepting Tywin resign after humiliating his wife and naming steffon baratheon as hand. Now Tywin have no right to offer cersei as wife of rhaegar so one problem less.

5. Taking army to Duskendale and killing denys darklyn if he would grow too rebel. Another problem less.

6. Taking Brandon and Rickard Starks to prison. After finding Rhaegar I would offer trial of battle between rhaegar and one of them. Or Robert if he would came.

7. If war still occur I would demand from Mace Tyrell bigger army and ask ironborn for help with attacking north.

8. Never opening gate to tywin. Also keeping few kingsguard near to not be killed by jaime.

I would issue a death-penalty to anyone who dares call me mad, that should teach them.

Don't worry, they can talk all they want, but the fire, the fire knows you aren't mad. The fire would never call you mad. The fire is your true friend. Are you not the dragon? The petty nobles can talk, but they cannot outtalk the fire.

He should have named Arryn as Hand.

When Rhaegar took Lyanna I would have sent letters to Rickard Stark apologizing and assuring them that Rhaegar and Lyanna would be found and tried to make amends to both the Starks and Baratheons.

If Brandon did ride up threatening my heirs' life than I would imprison him and call Rickard to the capital to talk it out.

When Rhaegar is found I would have found a way to punish him but he would still remain the crown prince.

First have Tywin assassinated. He is too damn dangerous to be allowed to live. House Lannister is substantially neutralized with him gone. Must make sure the crime is not traced to me. Offer to marry Cersei to Viserys instead. Ther is an age difference but it shouldn't matter too much here.

Take Brandon Stark and hostage (but keep him very comfortable and treat him well) to ensure Rickard's compliance. Rickard will have the sense to see that Brandon's behavior made this almost necessary.

Ask Jon Arryn to serve as Hand in order to resolve the crapstorm that has come up due to Rhaegar's actions. With no threat to his wards, he is well acquainted with most of the principal players and will not break his oath to the crown when the crown is asking him to resolve things peacefully. Hopefully a mutually amicable solution can be reached.

If Lyanna is already pregnant then she can still be married to a minor Lord (which is not unheard of for a high lord's daughter) especially with the iron Throne's support. If Robert is still willing to accept her then she can still be married to him. Once these things have been done, Brandon can be released. The North will be somewhat unhappy and so will Robert, but I could pacify the North in time by betrothing Daenerys to the next born Stark heir. Robert on his own will not be too much of threat at that juncture.

Archived