Big Bang Theory 3.0

Sis Who Swears

Sis - top right hand corner of the screen, click your name, scroll down to Manage Ignored Users.

Profit. Please, please, stop quoting it if you don't though. You're making a mockery of my use of the ignore feature.

Solid call.

I liked this episode. Penny's interactions with Sheldon are usually golden. Leonard was pretty useless this time around. I liked Sheldon calling out Penny's presence, "I thought you broke up with her, why is she here?" :rofl:

ETA: "Penny, to your mind, are you a slut?" :lmao:

I was gonna quote that tim guy and point out the fact that he's really barking up the wrong tree here and his opinions are as wasted as they are dumb, but I'll not give the quote the scree prescence and hope he simply drifts away from a thread about a show he obviously doesn't like or understand. Troll are like that, right?

In any case, on a second viewing of the episode, I still didn't like it nearly as much as some of you. There's good stuff there, sure, but it isn't a classic espisode. I still feel like the Wolowitz stuff was taken off the first season's idea scrap heap, not that it doesn't make for funny, it does, it just didn't feel like 4th season material...

Sis - top right hand corner of the screen, click your name, scroll down to Manage Ignored Users.

Profit. Please, please, stop quoting it if you don't though. You're making a mockery of my use of the ignore feature.

Sorry, your complaint was duly noted. And carried out as discussed. :thumbsup:

Anyways...

Yeah the Wolowitz thing I saw coming from 10 miles away but still... I will say that mostly it was what Raj and Leonard said that made it funny.

Leonard seems to have become a non-entity now. They really need to do something with him.

Sheldon REALLY made this one though, I think I laughed every time he said anything at all... maybe I missed him so much it made things seem funnier than they actually were? :uhoh:

Penny: OK. Well, then, there's a couple of things you should probably know.

Sheldon: I have a master's degree and two doctorates. The things I should know, I DO know.

Nah. The delivery of his lines are what kills. Taken out of context what I just quoted doesn't appear THAT hilarious... but it really was.

I forget how the phrasing went word for word, but my favorite line was when Penny said something about how she knew more about relationships than Sheldon did, and his response was to ask if she was so knowledgeable, why was he the one on a date, and she had nothing better to do that night than to drive him around.

I also think that one of more "personal" touches is the fact that the writers presume the core watchers are still here. You wouldn't fully appreciate the interaction between Sheldon and Penny when discusses the way Sheldon knocks on everyone's door unless you had been following the show. I think the show could stand some more of that sort of continuity, actually.

I do have a concern that next week's is going to be so pale in comparison, however.

Another thing that I forgot to post is that, during the car ride, Sheldon and Amy refer to Penny as a Muggle. I don't remember what context it was under, but something did occur to me upon his making that comment....

Does anyone really doubt that Sheldon would be in Slytherin? :-)

I also think that one of more "personal" touches is the fact that the writers presume the core watchers are still here. You wouldn't fully appreciate the interaction between Sheldon and Penny when discusses the way Sheldon knocks on everyone's door unless you had been following the show. I think the show could stand some more of that sort of continuity, actually.

Maybe, but I think this week was pretty good, especially as a season opener. I was watching it with someone who had never seen it before, and she was still laughing without knowing much about any of the characters. If the show is a big injoke, you could lose some viewers and never get new ones.

He'd be in Ravenclaw, duh. :P All the boys would be. Penny would, of course, be in Hufflepuff.

ETA: Dear God, am I discussing this?

Yes. Yes, you are. But, considering the other discussions had on this board, this is far from the most bizarre. Don't worry about it from that point. :-)

And I agree with your choice of the houses, although even if Sheldon was not in Slytherin, he would probably be a despised Ravenclaw.

Maybe, but I think this week was pretty good, especially as a season opener. I was watching it with someone who had never seen it before, and she was still laughing without knowing much about any of the characters. If the show is a big injoke, you could lose some viewers and never get new ones.

Oh, please don't get me wrong. I am all for their getting new viewers. Perhaps the writers and producers are smarter to keep the in-jokes to a minimum. I was mostly appreciating how that little bit of storyline continues.

@ Fenryng:

if we're talking about recurring topics on this show, "check engine" light must be mentioned

Damn, you are absolutely right. I am annoyed with myself for forgetting that; that was in the episode, too.

In an ironic twist of fate, I had a car which had that light on all the time. After spending a ridiculous amount of money, it was determined that the problem was with the "check engine" light....which the garage never felt was important enough to repair.

I'm waiting for the DVDs to come out. I miss this show already. It blows my mind that it's from the same creator of Two and a Half Men though. How the hell does that happen?

I'm quite flattered to be ignored by someone who would put a user on ignore in the first place. Some people take forums way too seriously. It just makes me picture a fat man with sweaty red face containing a determined look as he is typing in my username on the ignore list. I like it.

:lol: I'm never going to ignore you, because of awesome comments like this.

Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Damn, you are absolutely right. I am annoyed with myself for forgetting that; that was in the episode, too.

In an ironic twist of fate, I had a car which had that light on all the time. After spending a ridiculous amount of money, it was determined that the problem was with the "check engine" light....which the garage never felt was important enough to repair.

so, you're saying you should have had a "check engine light" light? :)

Last night's episode was as solid as an episode of a sitcom can be. It was even funnier if you've been around since the beginning and get all the little extras by understanding all of the little by-plays of the characters...

Archived