What will Arya be in the end

a free shadow

Stannis bending the knee to Targs? I don't think so.

Why not? I think you have misjudged Stannis with that statement.

Stannis is becoming one of my favorite characters, just because he doesn't really want the throne-he wants the rightful heir. And he likes Jon. Stannis only wants Storm's End. Nothing else.

Stannis has gone to war because he knew the truth-that Joffrey and Tommen are not the rightful heirs. He didn't join Robb because he knew that his men, his bannermen I mean, would not consent to that. In his eyes, with Dany gone, he is the rightful heir, but that didn't mean that he wanted the Throne. He's said so many times.

Jon, also like Stannis embraced the role of a ruler who is put in a difficult position-a ruler who has many people with different opinions to please.

But not even Asha had hard feelings for him[stannis].

My point is, if Jon is truly the rightful heir(and the theory of Jon having three kingships seems very plausible to me(the dragon has three heads-wildlings, North, South)), Stannis would gladly give Jon the throne in a cruel irony-Stannis fought for it just to give it away-like Storm's End, but he will get Storm's End in the end :D

As for Jon, I see him wanting to refuse it, but unable to.

With everyone fighting for the throne, he will know it is his duty to make everything right.

However, since this thread is dedicated to Arya, I will say that I believe she will make it to Jon on the Wall. All her chapters show that even though she can be a proper assassin, she will never truly be a FM. The FM don't ask questions, while Arya wanted a reason to kill the insurance guy. She found out that he cheated the people who gave him money, but she didn't kill him before that(I know that she also needed time to form a plan, but still, when she told the KM what she knew, he told her that she should not care for that, just do her job). I think Arya will not kill an innocent person(unless her life depends on it, like the stableboy, the Harrenhal guard, the squire at the inn), and those kills follow her wherever she goes.

Arya only wants to find her place, her home, and that is Jon. Not in a romantic kind of way, but in a sense that Jon is home, Jon(along with Nymeria) is a part of who she is more than Robb, Sansa, Bran and Rickon. While in Braavos, she dwells on Jon, and may be on Sansa, but mostly on Jon-she misses Jon the most-who, along with Nymeria loved Arya because of who she was. She even wonders what would Jon think if he knew of her kills(Also, when she wonders what Gendry thinks of her, and with the girl with the bells-that's when I knew that finding Gendry could be another version of her finding peace).

I think GRRM took her to Braavos just so she could find the means to complete her list, and not to become a FM-a heartless assassin. I see her losing her essence wile there, but when she comes back-she has to-she will find Nymeria-probably when she goes to the Twins to kill the whole Frey clan, and that's when she finds back her lost innocence, her warrior essence, her own self. She probably finds Gendry along the way, and they go to the Wall to help fight the Others. :D

I know it's kinda sappy, but I have shed many tears of sadness while reading the books. It's time for some tears of joy, I believe. :wub: :blushing:

I think with the 5 year gap she would have already had herself a little boy toy. I think it would be one of the sailors she has the tendency to hang around. She mainly hangs around men and she hangs around brothels every so often. I wouldn't be surprised if she developed pretty lax views on sex.

We don't even need the 5 year gap. It's ASOIAF. Dany married Drogo when she was 14, and at the last Arya chapter in ADWD Martin gave hints that she has realy grown up. (And I have a theory that her story is moving faster than the others - in the last chapter she has breasts (("her heart under her brest")) she has hair - in the previous chapter - they shaved her head, cause it was easier for the wigs of some sort - before becoming the blind girl.) - waaaaaaay off topic

So, I would love to see her even a little bit happy - reuniting with Nymeria/jon/bran. For me she is the Stark that had suffered the most - being so little and alone in the world. I want her in Winterfell, not necessarily as the Lady of Winterfell, but her being home, close to the crypts, to the Godswood her father loved so much.

Of course I would like to see her in some kind of romantic feelings toward someone. She would feel awkward, look awkward be mad at her self ... I'll be honest I want to see her with Gendry. They had such a great dynamic. I don't mean I want them married and she the tipical lady wife. She can't be that person. i want to see her happy :)

Roose Bolton will be killed by Stannis. Ramsay will then become lord of the Dreadfort and will be subsequently killed as well, leaving no male heirs. As a result, the Dreadfort will pass to his wife, fake-Arya. At some point during this chaos, real-Arya returns and will eventually supplant fake-Arya as the Lady of the Dreadfort, who will bend the knee to the returned boy King of the North -- Rickon. She will never marry, but will use her training and warging to exact ruthless and relentless vengeance on all those who have wronged her family.

A widow wife of a lord doesn't inherit his seat unless she gives him a child.

• 3 months later...

dont u think it creates some rhymes here. i think the 3 legendary riders are back. but this time one is his aunt and other one is his cousin.

arya = visenya

daenarys = rhaenys

jon = aegon.

That's a new one, and it makes as much sense to me as any other dragon-rider theory. Cheers!

I think she'll be the coldest killer to ever live. She'll lose the ability to love, as she pretty much has already. She'll kill without a second thought. She may end up being reunited with Jon Snow or Gendry, maybe even Sansa, but I think in the end, she'll be the most coldhearted assassin to exist.

• 11 months later...

After reading "A Dance With Dragons", I have this funny feeling that Arya will live after "A Dream of Spring". However, she will probably give up her true identity. Meaning she will leave the name Arya Stark to someone else. There seems to be quite a few clues that caused me to draw this conclusion. One, she never wanted to be considered a lady. She does not care for that. Two, she belongs to the Faceless Men now and that requires that she leaves all of her past and identity behind. Three, Lord Roose Bolton concocted a plan to replace the real Arya Stark with another girl(Jeyne Poole) who has married Ramsay(Snow) Bolton under the guise of Arya Stark. Jeyne Poole is not a bad person, and she was forced into doing this. I suspect that because mostly everybody who could identify her is dead, it will be easy to pull this off. But, I may be wrong.

She's being set up as a FM prodigy and it's freaking awesome. She's cooking through the training at breakneck speed and has already completed her first contract kill, in a VERY clever way I might add. I think she finishes the training and starts working as a FM. Where it takes her, I couldn't tell you, I'm just here for the ride.

I can't honestly come up with anything in regards to Arya to be honest.

I mean, maybe she'll end up as an assasin in Essos for the rest of her life ? Seems a little inconclusive considering what she has left in Westeros.

Maybe she'll be the new Varys given her skills ? Seems a little bit of a stretch, she has the makings of a warrior, not a politician.

If this was Tyrion, it'd be easy, he'll die saving someone he loves or he'll drink himself to the grave.

But Arya ? Damn.

She's being set up as a FM prodigy and it's freaking awesome. She's cooking through the training at breakneck speed and has already completed her first contract kill, in a VERY clever way I might add. I think she finishes the training and starts working as a FM. Where it takes her, I couldn't tell you, I'm just here for the ride.

a very clever way, i took some time to understand what she had done

i was thinking she was going to di in aDoS, but someone here said that she isn't for sure, so i don't know

i think that if she lives she will end up in winterfell

dont u think it creates some rhymes here. i think the 3 legendary riders are back. but this time one is his aunt and other one is his cousin.

arya = visenya

daenarys = rhaenys

jon = aegon.

Interesting. I always considered Arya as a candidate, but seeing it rhyme like that is pretty awesome. I wonder... Whoever the third rider is, I just hope GRRM won't go with the obvious, easy option (like fAegon or Tyrion).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone in the "What will Arya be in the end" thread. I am one of the new kids on the forum that mess up all the time. I am trying to be good, though I know nothing and am no one. That said:

No one.

Yeah. Nirvana is looming. It is really cool. So... wouldn't be the worst. It would mean her story has been told, actually.

I don't think any stealth killing is so much of a personal character development story, so I tend to rule this option out. Killing someone important doesn't help me there. As much as revenge is a well understood motive, it does not satisfy me at all. There must be more for her. A feeling that she deserves better and more worldly development.

Someone mentioned she was a true believer of the old Gods... while am at the age where I tend to forget an awful lot, I believe that Arya must after all we know be either atheist or conscient doubter. No gods, maybe Syrio's version of the God of Death, if any. And that's not enough for a youngster. She as at the point to start out in the world, and her head start wasn't too fulfilling yet.

I think she'll use her skills protect someone and she'll und up as lady of the dreadfort and founder of the Catstarks

Protect someone sounds quite boring, founding the Catstarks lovely and promising!

:bawl:
I just want Arya to come home.

Stannis bending the knee? I don't think so.

Arya, Sansa, Dany, Jorah and probably Rickon, too. all want to go home. Make them an interest group, eh?
Jaime and Tyrion want to reunite with their picture of a loved one, isn't that strangely similar?
Lancel and the Hound went home to the faith we (are made to) believe.

My personal prediction? She'll be sent to kill Aegon and succeed. Then she'll either die trying to escape, or live and become a true faceless woman.

Who has a gain to put so much money at stake? Money that a future king would badly need to buy food...
Since part of the people here look for a match for (f?)Aegon, how about this? It is a bit out of the ordinary and it is still adventurous.

On the topic of her marriage (or it not happening): Experience tells me there is no way to predict a marriage (not) to happen or (not) to work out. Everybody I've heard of who once just knew they would (not) has by now achieved the opposite. Apparently Grrm has some of that experience, too. Let's watch out.

She's totally going to end up a she-wolf, mistress of Winterfell and manager of the first branch of the Iron Bank in northern westeros (recovery department)

Oh wow!

I think banking in Westeros actually is a real life-and-death thrill. I'd like at least some of this.

I don't see how they would recognize her. If she comes back it's going to be with a new face and indentity. She'll meet them again, but as someone else.

Unless FM magick is unbelievably older than Winter magick, the wolves would smell her out. So... maybe? Or not?

I keep coming back to Arya's bedtime list.

It would make huge sense for her somehow to escape, return to Westeros with her new-found skills, and start finding and bumping off those who remain in her list.

Which will be interesting if the Hound is still alive. Because I'm not sure she'd kill him (after all, she had the chance before). And because he doesn't actually deserve it.

Of course, if this is true then Arya is the one to kill Cersei and UnGregor. Unless she gets caught in the attempt.

Yes. A llist is a list and she's gotta do her homework ticking it off. And no, we learn the Hound is dead.
We also learn that Sandor (of the faith?) almost convincingly lives. So they might reunite and maybe untie the deadly wish if Sandor and Arya find the brains that they have actually been protecting each other in time's of need. Finding out that Sandor is an ungentlemanly gentleman friend to Sansa may or may not help... They are similar in being professional killers, although with the Hound the motive was a despise for life. No idea if he has changed (or in the faith been changed).

Enough of the replies, I offer you mine own fairytale dream:

For unknown reasons, Arya is made to miss the boat to join Stannis' campaign. Being in dire straits in winter when the long night is menacing, in a dream, Arya will call for the Ice Dragon, fly ontop of the world like Bran in his dreams.
She will find her (read Nymeria's) flocks of wolf packs and ask them to herd her enemies.
Striking down from Dragonocopter she will sort each item on the list individually, appearing out of icy air, celebrate some smalltalk or a little chat about the past, and a funeral, and be hopping on back to her cloud services. It is known.

Have a nice Winter, everyone.

• 1 year later...
Why do I always picture Arya being sent to kill someone and Jon (UnJon?) being there as well. Jon kills Arya (thinking he is killing an assassin) not knowing it is her because she has someone else's face & when she is dying she looks at Jon and says "stick em with the pointy end". Or something like that. When Jon pulls Longclaw out of her it will be on fire & he will officially be Azor Azi having tempered his sword in the heart of the one he loves.
We all know Arya and Jon will not have a happy reunion, that is not GRRM's way. I don't think any of the Starks will unite again.

Arya will not kill Cerci. The Hound will be the champion of the faith against her Undead Mountain. The Hound will knock the Mountains helmet off and all of the church will see Cerci has been using the dark arts. The church will kill her for that alone, forget about her other crimes.
Unless Arya sneaks in Cerci's cell and strangles her there then its not gonna happen.Plus the faceless men don't send you to kill someone you know.

I think she'll be the coldest killer to ever live. She'll kill without a second thought. She may end up being reunited with Jon Snow or Gendry, maybe even Sansa, but I think in the end, she'll be one of the most coldhearted assassin to have ever lived!!!

I agree completely!!

Archived