No Mercy Trailer

Westeros

Arya and Tywin never met in the book either. That didn't turn out so bad.

Thoros and Melisandre meeting will be a very interesting thing. Especially since there can only be one reason for Melisandre seeking out the BwBs, Gendry. Can anyone dispute that? Or come up with any other reason for traveling from Dragonstone to the Riverlands?

I guess it also gives the BwB an excuse for not chasing a couple people after they run off. They're busy dealing with "her"

I don't think so. Because think about it. In the book it was hard for me to believe that anyone truly believed JEYNE was ARYA. Come on

no one knows what Arya looks like? In the show it would be even harder to pull off. The way to streamline the situation, is to marry the LORD OF WINTERFELL'S wife to RAMSAY. Then it's a clean takeover.

No. Talisa will be killed at the Red Wedding.

And you're information is coming from where exactly? It's a likely possibility but it is really rude and irritating when you just come out and state things as fact when they aren't.

And you're information is coming from where exactly? It's a likely possibility but it is really rude and irritating when you just come out and state things as fact when they aren't.

See the post directly above this for why I think it's the only possibility. Walder Frey will want to kill her, so if she is spared it would be because of Tywin. But why would Tywin need her when he wants Winterfell to pass to Tyrion and his children?

ETA: And when GRRM was talking about characters being killed who are still alive in the books, I got the distinct impression that he was referring to Talisa/Jeyne.

See the post directly above this for why I think it's the only possibility. Walder Frey will want to kill her, so if she is spared it would be because of Tywin. But why would Tywin need her when he wants Winterfell to pass to Tyrion and his children?

ETA: And when GRRM was talking about characters being killed who are still alive in the books, I got the distinct impression that he was referring to Talisa/Jeyne.

Exactly: Why you think it's the only possibility. Others think otherwise so it's rather dismissive of other people's opinions to talk in declarative statements like that.

And you're line of argument doesn't really work. Even if Tywin is planning to have Tyrion inherit Winterfell, it is still perfectly logical to put someone else in immediate charge of the place. This is exactly what happens in the books as well: both Tyrion and Ramsay are given a claim to Winterfell, so all possible routes to the inheritance that the Lannisters are aware of are in their power. The widow of a lord/king is one such route as proven by Lady Hornwood, who Ramsay uses to claim Hornwood lands despite the fact that she is a Manderly.

Then to be fair and balanced you should call out the previous poster he was responding to: "BOOM! I called it. I said that TALISA would take Jeyne's place, They are going to drop the fake Arya plot and are going to marry Talisa to RAMSAY!!! I knew it.".

PatrickStormborn is wrong, though. It's a terrible idea.

Then to be fair and balanced you should call out the previous poster he was responding to: "BOOM! I called it. I said that TALISA would take Jeyne's place, They are going to drop the fake Arya plot and are going to marry Talisa to RAMSAY!!! I knew it.".

PatrickStormborn is wrong, though. It's a terrible idea.

To be fair though, PatrickStormborn's idea is entirely realistic. If anything they would want to ensure that Talisa was killed off first just in case she was pregnant with the Young Wolf's child.

No way would Tywin or Walder want a potential baby king in the North running around! They wouldn't want a Perkin Warbeck situation.

I really like the new trailer and I absolutely adore that clip of Brienne and Jaime, I am glad they have referenced Renly's demise! :-)

I agree with Stormborn here. Tallisa is going to die, there will probably be some last scene where she and Robb reach out to each other and their fingertips touch as they die. It will also shoot down all the "fake Jeyne at Riverrun real Jeyne Westerlinger left with the Blackfish" theories.

As for the scene with Melissandre. I have a feeling if she's going to be in the Riverlands meeting up with the BWB, she might end up being the one who gives the "last kiss of R'hllor" instead of Thoros. It might even be so that the deal she makes with Thoros and the BWB to give up Gendry to her is for this service. A life for a life kind of thing.

Bathtub scene yessssss. Jaime with puppy dog eyes double yessssss. (Loved Jaime and Brienne in the 3x02 clip, too. "We don't get to choose who we love." AS YOU SHALL SEE WHEN IT COMES TO BRIENNE, JAIME.) Also love Brienne backhanding Jaime in the trailer.

So they are going to show the actual wedding portion of the RW (as opposed to in the books, which I think "cut" to Cat moping around at the wedding feast). And Talisa's there (which we already figured from Oona Chaplin's tweets, but yeah.) And Roose is there. Aw, yeah!

Dany's looking fly in her dress in the trailer with Daario. Get it, girl.

Loved Arya with the bow.

Standard-issue shot of Littlefinger staring covetously at the Iron Throne. (I think Aidan Gillen is contractually obligated to do one per season, LOL.)

Interesting shot of the crowds at the Great Sept (I see the statue of Baelor got an upgrade, as did the Sept in general). Could this be the "outside" of the indoors shot of the Sept with Cersei and the Queen of Thorns looking at Joffrey and Margaery staring out into the sunlight at the Sept entrance from a previous trailer?

I agree with Stormborn here. Tallisa is going to die, there will probably be some last scene where she and Robb reach out to each other and their fingertips touch as they die. It will also shoot down all the "fake Jeyne Westerlinger left with the Blackfish" theories.

As for the scene with Melissandre. I have a feeling if she's going to be in the Riverlands meeting up with the BWB, she might end up being the one who gives the "last kiss of R'hllor" instead of Thoros. It might even be so that the deal she makes with Thoros and the BWB to give up Gendry to her is for this service. A life for a life kind of thing.

I'm sure she already left the Riverrlands when the Red Wedding occurs.

Thoros isn't the one who rezzes Uncat, Beric does and it kills him. So unless they want to keep Beric around, which seems pointless then it will be Beric who administers The Kiss. Unless they kill him off earlier in some way I can't think of. And as Crown said Mel will almost certainly be back at Dragonstone by this point in order for Stannis' plot to go anywhere.

Thoros isn't the one who rezzes Uncat, Beric does and it kills him. So unless they want to keep Beric around, which seems pointless then it will be Beric who administers The Kiss. Unless they kill him off earlier in some way I can't think of. And as Crown said Mel will almost certainly be back at Dragonstone by this point in order for Stannis' plot to go anywhere.

You completely missed what I said, I didn't say she'll deliver it to Cat, I said she'll be the one to resurrect Beric, and not Thoros, to make her seem that much more powerful, and she'll do it for the price of the BWB giving her Gendry. This will be how Gendry end up in her hands.

Melisandre is probably just like Beric, though - she's been resurrected. IIRC the actress playing Melisandre said that she was "over 100 years old", and that fits with the evidence we have from the book. If Mel gives anyone the "kiss of life"... she'll die too.

She said that? :o

You completely missed what I said, I didn't say she'll deliver it to Cat, I said she'll be the one to resurrect Beric, and not Thoros, to make her seem that much more powerful, and she'll do it for the price of the BWB giving her Gendry. This will be how Gendry end up in her hands.

Ah ok, I misunderstood sorry. That is a possibility, but I really don't see the reason for it. It kind of diminishes Thoros' power, and I think it's important that they're shown to be equally powerful Red Priests, but that they have different philosophies.

Also from the images of Beric with his eye-patch it seems likely that they'll have him already dead several times, which is in fact a very important part of his character: that slow loss of his humanity with each resurrection.

Archived