No Mercy Trailer

Westeros

Talisa has never seen nor stepped foot in Winterfell. I really doubt Northern lords would just accept her getting Winterfell then handing the Stark seat, that they built and kept for 8000 years, to Roose Boltons bastard. Especially since she doesn't have a drop of Stark blood and is a foreigner. That all kinda makes it look like Talisa was involved in the RW.

Talisa has never seen nor stepped foot in Winterfell. I really doubt Northern lords would just accept her getting Winterfell then handing the Stark seat, that they built and kept for 8000 years, to Roose Boltons bastard. Especially since she doesn't have a drop of Stark blood and is a foreigner. That all kinda makes it look like Talisa was involved in the RW.

It's not necessarily about them handing over Winterfell, it's that Ramsay could threaten to kill Talisa and the child, or worse. This would be especially strong if Robb makes mention of Talisa being pregnant before the RW, then Ramsay would have heaps of leverage with which to get the Northern lords to do as he pleases. Talisa could well be the mother of the only Stark left, so far as they know.

Anyway, I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen, but it's at least plausible.

Mark this thread. I'm pretty sure that Talisa won't die at the RW. She will replace the fake Arya plot.

Totally agree. Besides, it's Oona CHAPLIN. They'd be silly to let her go so quickly. Having said that.....

The fake Arya thing wasn't plausible to begin with in the book. Really, no one knows what Arya looks like in the North?

Don't think about it in terms of now. In the world of ASOIAF (and middle ages Europe which it's based on), most adults wouldn't give two shits about a little girl, highborn or not, especially if she's not the eldest who gets married off first. Females are property. And if it's not your property, or soon to be, no one cares. Also, only a handful of people know Arya's even missing. Most everyone thinks she's still at KL. It's not like they've painted her picture on the side of milk pitchers throughout the Seven Kingdoms.

Besides, they've already set up the Fake Arya thing with the Tywin/Littlefinger scene where even a guy like Petyr Baelish doesn't recognize her. Yes, there's something about her he can't put his finger on... nah, she's just a dirty little cup-bearer for Tywin. But that was the Fake Arya setup.

Now having said that....

Plus in the TV series, it really wouldn't work.

....I totally agree with this as well, simply because most TV audience will think in terms of now, "How doesn't anyone recognize it's so not Arya Stark?" Still. They've setup Fake Arya. I've no idea what the hell they'll do. I'd personally like Oona to not die. She's compelling to watch.

Making Talisa take Fake Arya'a place adds a more dramatic arc to Theon's story. He betrayed Robb. But is able to redeem himself saving Robb's wife. People will be emotionally invested in that. Plus in the TV series there are lots of fans of TALISA and Robb. To see her go through those horrors with Ramsay, will pack an emotional punch. And when Theon, the turncloak saves her, it will pack a huge emotional punch.

I'm a writer. From a storytelling standpoint it makes more sense. No reason at this point in the game to introduce a whole new character in Jeyne that the audience isn't invested in. It really is a smart change. Now I won't lie it's a tumble effect. Because when we reach ADWD, Jon has no connection to Talisa. My thinking is, they are going to play off Jon's emotional attachment to ROBB and how close they were. So he will want to save TALISA from the monster Ramsay, because his brother loved her.

Totally agree. Again, I hope she's alive at the end of the season, whether or not they still do Fake Arya.

Besides, they've already set up the Fake Arya thing with the Tywin/Littlefinger scene where even a guy like Petyr Baelish doesn't recognize her. Yes, there's something about her he can't put his finger on... nah, she's just a dirty little cup-bearer for Tywin. But that was the Fake Arya setup.

I suppose it hurts that Littlefinger never sees Arya's true colors, the only time he really saw her was the Hand's tournament but he was too focused on Sansa to notice the sister that didn't look like Cat.

I still have to wonder once Tywin gets to KL finds out that Arya Stark went missing some time ago, then he starts searching for a red haired girl a little younger than Sansa to replace her and Cersei and Tyrion tell their father no. She's got the "stark look", dark hair, skinny and much shorter than her sister. Could he put 1 and 1 together? He already has serious doubts that she's a low born girl. She can read, she has a good knowledge of history and she speaks properly.

and I'm not so sure Petyr didn't recognize her either, he just would be the kinda snake to not dare say a word to Tywin, especially when his reward for the Tyrell alliance is the promise of Harrenhall. The very castle they happen to be in. It's clearly obvious that Tywin doesn't know who the girl is so why would LF say anything right then?

So on the topic of Talisa, perhaps they genuinely will make her a co-conspirator of the RW. I remember when I first watched Season 2 (before I read the books) I noticed that we see Tywin Lannister receiving letters from some unknown person in Robb's camp, and we also see Talisa sending letters to somebody. It would be a significant deviation from the books, but just something that came to mind when I saw the shot of her at the RW. Or they'll just kill her.

I'm sorry, but I can't see her being Jeyne Poole/fake Arya. From what we've seen Talisa seems like far too strong a woman to simply let herself be used and controlled, whereas Jeyne Poole is a scared young girl and will do everything she is told to. I also don't think the Northerners would be subdued with a marriage to a non-Stark foreigner. It also would make no sense for Jon to risk everything for Robb's wife, who he never met and knows nothing about. And Mance and the wildlings... Sorry, but I just can't see it working.

- Also, wouldn't it have made more sense to keep her name as Jeyne if that were the case?

I've said it before, I wouldn't really be surprised if Talisa was a spy(after all, isn't that pretty much what the Westerlings were doing?) but I would be incredibly pissed off if she's the one that kills Robb and gets Roose's awesome "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" line. Let's hope the showrunners aren't retarded enough to do something like that. Because even if the Freys hate Robb, they would hate the woman that stole him away from them even more.

So on the topic of Talisa, perhaps they genuinely will make her a co-conspirator of the RW. I remember when I first watched Season 2 (before I read the books) I noticed that we see Tywin Lannister receiving letters from some unknown person in Robb's camp, and we also see Talisa sending letters to somebody.

The letter that Arya steals from Tywin describes movements of Lannister forces coming to join him and what scouts observe Robb Stark doing.

Talisa being Ramsay's wife would cheapen Jon's ADwD arc concerning Arya, which I think is going to be even more important in tWoW, because I suspect that fake Arya will die and Jon will think for some time that it was the real deal and many people will find themselves very sorry for that.

Not saying that show can't still do that, they weren't especially nice to Jon's character in the last season.

The fake Arya thing wasn't plausible to begin with in the book. Really, no one knows what Arya looks like in the North?

Actually, it could easily have worked for quite a while. There weren't a lot of retainers who really knew Arya left alive at Winterfell. And by the time she gets back there, "Arya" will be several years older than the real Arya who left with Ned, so any differences can be explained away on the basis that she's grown up. The main thing was that Fake Arya had to know enough about the Starks and Arya's background, and about who was who at Winterfell, in order to be able to answer any obvious questions or even greet any retainers / family friends by 'remembering' certain things - which is exactly what Jeyne did with Jaime when she said she'd met him.

In terms of sheer TV drama and also not completely confusing show-only viewers, I'd suggest it makes much more sense to kill off Talisa at the RW. I mean, think of the tears and the drama, and the huge ratings / viewing payoff! Season 1 - they kill off Ned. Now in Season 3 they kill off Robb, his lovely new wife, and his mother Catelyn, a lot of Starks and bannermen. They've taken great trouble in Season 2 to build up the Robb/Talisa romance and have him marry for love rather than duty, so of course the two young lovers are going to die in this terrible massacre. THAT is TV gold. :D Not to mention Cat's subsequent 'resurrection' ...

I think if they left Talisa alive and then later tried to use her in the Fake Arya plot, it would be very confusing to viewers, because they would (rightly) ask why a spirited woman like Talisa would go along with that sort of Lannister/Bolton plot. It's just as Grey Guardian said above:

I'm sorry, but I can't see her being Jeyne Poole/fake Arya. From what we've seen Talisa seems like far too strong a woman to simply let herself be used and controlled, whereas Jeyne Poole is a scared young girl and will do everything she is told to.

The show can easily explain things with just a few lines of Lannister/Tyrell dialogue saying they found this girl who'd been a friend of the Stark kids, and she's agreed to go back as Fake Arya to the Boltons.

Keep in mind that in the books any Northern Lords who did catch on to Fake!Arya would've been scared into silence. I'm sure several of them at Winterfell figured things out but they weren't powerful enough on their own to make a move.

Archived