No Mercy Trailer

Westeros

Apparently that's Wyman Manerly beside Roose; the big guy with the moustache!

No, probably one of his sons. Wyman wasn't at the Red Wedding.

EDIT: :ninja:

To be fair though, PatrickStormborn's idea is entirely realistic.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about his idea. I was talking about his comment "I'm not saying I don't think it's a good idea." (referring to Talisa being wed to Ramsey). That was pretty obtuse, admittedly. So to be clear: I hate the idea that Talisa will be wed to Ramsey and effectively take the place of Jeyne Poole, AKA Fake Arya.

So to be clear: I hate the idea that Talisa will be wed to Ramsey and effectively take the place of Jeyne Poole, AKA Fake Arya.

:agree:

I dislike the idea because of how much would have to change down the road with Jon, Abel, Melisandre, Reek, Ramsey etc.

I've not read Storm in a while but Jaime in the bath made me happy :).

Is it at all possible that the bit with Cat, Talisa & Robb could be somewhere in Riverrun welcoming the new Lord? I was just presuming they would keep the RW hidden completely until it was time, is all.

I think you'll find, ser, that I have had this avatar for a long time, I just don't post very often. :cool4: Now, don't make me rue the day I raped your mother.

Isn't one of the reasons fake Arya is used so that Ramsay can hold Winterfell without any arguments, because she is a Stark, and to keep the Northern Lords loyal, since they have Ned's daughter? How does Talisa marrying Ramsay help them? She doesn't have Stark blood.

Isn't one of the reasons fake Arya is used so that Ramsay can hold Winterfell without any arguments, because she is a Stark, and to keep the Northern Lords loyal, since they have Ned's daughter? How does Talisa marrying Ramsay help them? She doesn't have Stark blood.

The show could establish Talisa as being the holder of Winterfell as Robb Stark's widow. I believe the same thing happened with Lady Hornwood in the books. She had lost both her husband and son during the war, and Ramsay married her (and killed her) to inherit her land. It's the same idea. The show would remove the awkwardness of introducing a fake Arya, and allow themselves the opportunity to use an already established character for an important function.

The show could establish Talisa as being the holder of Winterfell as Robb Stark's widow. I believe the same thing happened with Lady Hornwood in the books. She had lost both her husband and son during the war, and Ramsay married her (and killed her) to inherit her land. It's the same idea. The show would remove the awkwardness of introducing a fake Arya, and allow themselves the opportunity to use an already established character for an important function.

But Lady Hornwood left no heirs.

Edit: I mean there were no other heirs, but I just realised it would be the same with the starks, as Sansa would've disappeared by then... Anyways, as if the North cares about some foreign chick.

But Lady Hornwood left no heirs.

Edit: I mean there were no other heirs, but I just realised it would be the same with the starks, as Sansa would've disappeared by then... Anyways, as if the North cares about some foreign chick.

They wouldn't rally behind Talisa, but the North isn't in a good position -- they lost their leader and had been losing the war up to that point. And then you have the Boltons, who succeeded in fragmenting the North, so they're not even a united front. So, while they're not going to get behind a Volantene, they'll accept it (for now) because they're hurting.

They could make it so Talisa was pregnant and carrying Robb's child, as Jeyne might be in the books. That would give Jon and Theon ample reason to attempt to save her. Especially Theon, saving House Stark after nearly destroying it.

Oh no... This "Talisa becoming fake Arya" discussion is getting just as annoying as the "PW in season 3". What thread will it infect next?

I'm a little confused as to why so many are complaining about what is being discussed, especially given that these people seem to have very low post counts themselves. Surely, we with low post counts can't complain about what is being discussed until we have contributed enough to the discussion ourselves?

Oh no... This "Talisa becoming fake Arya" discussion is getting just as annoying as the "PW in season 3". What thread will it infect next?

Well, considering nobody is saying Talisa will become the fake Arya, I'm not quite sure what you mean. People are saying the entire fake Arya plot will be cut entirely. Sorry you're annoyed...?

They wouldn't rally behind Talisa, but the North isn't in a good position -- they lost their leader and had been losing the war up to that point. And then you have the Boltons, who succeeded in fragmenting the North, so they're not even a united front. So, while they're not going to get behind a Volantene, they'll accept it (for now) because they're hurting.

Accept it, because they wouldn't have a choice. As they'd accept to be ruled by Boltons without Stark marriage because of not having a choice - until they're ready to strike back. I don't see it as having any purpose for the Boltons... Better to kill her, and be sure there's no new King of the North 9 months later.

Accept it, because they wouldn't have a choice. As they'd accept to be ruled by Boltons without Stark marriage because of not having a choice - until they're ready to strike back. I don't see it as having any purpose for the Boltons... Better to kill her, and be sure there's no new King of the North 9 months later.

Noted, but I think either option is as good as the other. If they find out Talisa is pregnant, they can always kill her or abort the baby. Keeping her around is more of a PR move. The Boltons aren't going to want to take Winterfell and just say, "Sucks for y'all. Bow before us." It sounds better when they say, "The heartbroken Lady Talisa Stark has taken solice in Ramsay's loving arms, thereby relinquishing Winterfell into his care."

If Talisa is pregnant then there is even more incentive to kill her. The last thing the Lannisters want is a son of Robb for the North to rally behind, that's why they made sure Jeyne wasn't pregnant. If she was they'd have to kill her to prevent the birth.

Seriously Tallisa marrying Ramsay is every bit as silly and has the same chance of happening as the "Dagmar is Ramsay in disguise" theory from last year.

If Talisa is pregnant then there is even more incentive to kill her. The last thing the Lannisters want is a son of Robb for the North to rally behind, that's why they made sure Jeyne wasn't pregnant. If she was they'd have to kill her to prevent the birth.

I don't know. They could have just killed "Arya" in the books. They used her to gain the loyalty of the Northmen. They could do the same with Robb's child.

Besides, why does Ramsay have to marry her? So long as he holds Talisa, and the child, he holds the North.

Archived