Do you know how to spell most asoiaf names?

Lady Winter Rose

How long it took you to remember how to spell Cersei's name? Do you know how Tommen's wife's name is spelled? Do you know how to spell Stannis daughter's name?

I need some time to remember how some character's name are spelled, but I manage to learn. (Still have problems spelling Quburn's name (is that right?).)

What about you?

It's only the Essosi names I have no idea how to spell.

This... I write Hizdarh, and I am totally clueless whether it;s correct... As for the others, I don't care...

As for Westerosi, I can easily spell the most of the character names, locations etc. It's not that difficult, and English is my 3rd language.

I misspelled R'hllor several times. Sometimes I'm confused where to put ' or if I should put the o after the R or after the h. Also, I'm not even sure how to really pronounce it.

I had no idea how to pronouce R'hllor until I played a little of the computer RPG. I hope they're right. There I learned Red Priests also have worldwide teleconference skills (joking, the game is actually entertaining even if it's a little cheap).

Now I have the urge to look for a YT video where they say R'hllor in the TV show.

Because I listened to the audio books I do struggle with some of them. My first post here recently I spelt Pycelle wrongly (missing the last letter).

I do pick up on the names in the forums though.

If you actually read the books rather than listening to audio books and/or watching the show it is not that hard. Except those dudes from Slaver's bay. It is hard to even remember them, if nightmares had names, it'd be them

I had no idea how to pronouce R'hllor until I played a little of the computer RPG. I hope they're right. There I learned Red Priests also have worldwide teleconference skills (joking, the game is actually entertaining even if it's a little cheap).

Now I have the urge to look for a YT video where they say R'hllor in the TV show.

Is that the game for Xbox 360? I was considering getting that just for the story, but i heard the game was pretty bad.

Dany's husband is a bitch to spell, hence he is forever "Dany's husband" to me. Most of the others I'm OK with except where there are characters with really similar names like Daven Lannister and Devan Seaworth

I'm going to test myself, without checking, and post my first attempts...

Margaery Tyrell,

Hizdahr zo Loraq,

Kraznys mo Nakloz,

Jaehaerys Targaryen,

R'hllor,

Galazza Galare (unsure about this one),

Rakharo,

Xaro Xhoan Daxos,

Hallyne (the Pyromancer... also unsure about that)

Tristifer Botley,

Shireen Baratheon,

Selyse Baratheon...

Archived