The Walking Dead Season 4 (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

No one who survived that we might see again. That guy and the one in the bathroom were dead in that episode so no chance of them popping up again as characters.

When did the guy who got kicked off the bed die? I don't think anyone in that group is dumb enough to murder someone and then fall asleep with the soon-to-reanimate corpse at the foot of the bed. He was clearly just unconscious. If he died later then I take everything I say back haha, but I don't remember seeing him die.

When did the guy who got kicked off the bed die? I don't think anyone in that group is dumb enough to murder someone and then fall asleep with the soon-to-reanimate corpse at the foot of the bed. He was clearly just unconscious. If he died later then I take everything I say back haha, but I don't remember seeing him die.

My impression is that there were four of them.

One of them was bouncing the tennis ball, (something was akin to nails across a chalkboard for me). The other was on the bed, and the other looked to be unconscious but not dead, (or I would hope goldie locks would have had the good sense to kill him before he turned).

The other guy that Rick killed was definitely dead, so when tennis ball man was outside on the porch and heard the screaming, I thought it was either the guy that was out, or the guy in the bed, or both who were attacked by bathroom zombie.

My impression is that there were four of them.

One of them was bouncing the tennis ball, (something was akin to nails across a chalkboard for me). The other was on the bed, and the other looked to be unconscious but not dead, (or I would hope goldie locks would have had the good sense to kill him before he turned).

The other guy that Rick killed was definitely dead, so when tennis ball man was outside on the porch and heard the screaming, I thought it was either the guy that was out, or the guy in the bed, or both who were attacked by bathroom zombie.

Ya but we don't know for sure if the two in the bedroom died or not.

On a side note, that was pretty smart of Rick to open the bathroom door a crack so that their newly-zombified comrade would be able to get to them and provide a distraction. I just put that together now haha

Great episode. This was the first time I felt real stomach churning tension since Rick faced off with Dave and Tony in the bar.

I thought the Rick scene under the bed was terrifying, particularly with him weak, vulnerable and without his gun.

I also love the 3 new musketeers. For some reason Glenn really irritated me, punching the guy who saved his life for just stating the obvious.

I think Mullet Guy is the real deal. And I like Lara Croft more than any of the girls in the series so far. Even though she hasn't said a word yet...

What the Rick under the bed scene demonstrated yet again is that an encounter with real, in your face, banal evil brutality is far more suspenseful than Governeresque multi episode evil mastermind psychopath plotlines.

Just like Dave and Tony in the bar, common scumbags who will kill you for your boots are far more believable than evil megalomaniacs bent on setting them selves up as mini emperors.

Lastly, Mr OJ, please stop referring to Terminus or whatever the place is called that you presumably know from the comics. I certainly have never heard of it and don't want to get spoiled.

Lastly, Mr OJ, please stop referring to Terminus or whatever the place is called that you presumably know from the comics. I certainly have never heard of it and don't want to get spoiled.
It was in the second episode. If you haven't heard of it that is your fault for not watching the show.

It was in the second episode. If you haven't heard of it that is your fault for not watching the show.

No need to bloody dive in boots first to protect your buddy's honour with bared fists. I asked him politely and a simple: "It's not from the comics its from episode 2", would have served.

No need to take offence where none was intended. I'll have to re-watch Episode 2 as all I recall is Tyrese and company seeing the same banner that Rick's group now saw, but I don't recall any reference to an official name such as Terminus.

I'm still deciding if the banner was put up by a group of inbred cannibals to lure travellers into a trap or whether there really is a place waiting at the end of the line.

With people referring to foraging parties sent out by "Terminus" I guess it is pretty much assumed that a type of Woodbury 2 is indeed lined up for our group.

Bummer, if so. The small group story line is infinitely more fascinating to me than the whole community wide group dynamics borefest that was Woodbury and the Prison.

What was the deal with the painting? Did the homeowners actually buy that to go along with the cute bunny/flower artwork?? I feel like I missed something there.

With Michonne taking the time to appreciate the artwork throughout the house it made me notice that the paintings had such a similar style that the art would have likely been done by the homeowner - maybe there was a scene cut where Carl and Michonne discussed this or a scene cut where they were in a room with an easel, paint and brushes?

Then with the particular painting that you are asking about - the bloody one - it still had the same "look" like it could have come from the same artist but in an extremely depressed state, compared to the bunny and flower artwork, to show life before and after the apocalypse.

The creepy bloody painting shows a person who became depressed enough to kill her whole family - like what seems to have happened with Michonne's family from her dream sequence - so that's why it was so hard for Michonne to find that suicide family during the time she is finally telling someone [Carl] about her son.

Which that seems like a lot to pick up on in a show without better or stronger exposition so maybe I'm just over thinking it?

I am going to have to watch it again myself, but I do think there is a reason for the manners and dress of Abraham and his cohorts which might be a nod to the possibly delusional nature of the three.

As I said earlier, I don't think those over-the-top characters would necessarily be inconsistent with what you might find on the road.

It reminded me a little of Conan the Barbarians travels and the cult members, religious zealots, marauders, soldiers etc.

I am curious about two things though.

What was with the zombies and the flag in the beginning?

Did they just like the colors?

And in last weeks episode, why would they leave Tara and Glenn, and go towards a fire? :wacko:

They're definitely food.

I am going to have to watch it again myself, but I do think there is a reason for the manners and dress of Abraham and his cohorts which might be a nod the possibly delusional nature of the three.

As I said earlier, I don't think those over-the-top characters would necessarily be inconsistent with what you might find on the road.

It reminded me a little of Conan the Barbarians travels and the cult members, religious zealots, marauders, soldiers etc.

I am curious about two things though.

What was with the zombies and the flag in the beginning?

Did they just like the colors?

And in last weeks episode, why would they leave Tara and Glenn, and go towards a fire? :wacko:

They're definitely food.

Iirc, there was a balloon or something flapping around in the wind, making noise which they were attracted to.

As for the fire, that seemed weird to me too. The herd was attracted to the burning barn when the farm was overrun though, so who knows.

Iirc, there was a balloon or something flapping around in the wind, making noise which they were attracted to.

As for the fire, that seemed weird to me too. The herd was attracted to the burning barn when the farm was overrun though, so who knows.

Hmm, you would think they would fear fire, but then again, they probably feel nothing.

Thanks! :bowdown:

i just hated every single scene with abe and friends.

the acting and dialogue for abe and eugene were painful to watch.

it was like watching two different programs bouncing back and forth between abe and his story and rick and his.

Interesting. I found the 3 newcomers very entertaining and their acting fine. It is Carl's acting that I find to be terrible and unconvincing.

This shown is so fucking dumb. I'm Done. Biker kills other biker and then Goes To Sleep? With a fucking soon to be zombie in the room. No thanks. Bye show.

I did wonder about that. That's why I assumed the guy wasn't really dead. Just unconscious. I could swear I still saw him breathing. Unless it was just the actor who could not keep still enough to play dead.

I did wonder about that. That's why I assumed the guy wasn't really dead. Just unconscious. I could swear I still saw him breathing. Unless it was just the actor who could not keep still enough to play dead.

How did the sleeping dude know one way or another? Do you choke a dude out and leave him on the floor to take a nap? One way or another that's going to go bad. I just can't handle the writing on this PoS anymore.

How did the sleeping dude know one way or another? Do you choke a dude out and leave him on the floor to take a nap? One way or another that's going to go bad. I just can't handle the writing on this PoS anymore.

Maybe he was drunk. Why else were they all so eager to find a bed in the middle of the day. they just had a drinking binge and wanted to crash. They weren't thinking straight.

Maybe he was drunk. Why else were they all so eager to find a bed in the middle of the day. they just had a drinking binge and wanted to crash. They weren't thinking straight.

When you have to make up shit to explain the idiocy of the characters you are watching, why bother? Rick strangles a guy to death in 20 seconds or less. We can assume bedroom biker died and sleeping dude must have been... suicidal. Anyway, I'm just pissed I spent so much time watching this shit. I'll stfu now and rest easy knowing I'll never devote another second to it.

Archived