The Walking Dead Season 4 (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

The episode was kinda slow, but I still enjoyed it. Wish more had happened, but it looks like next week will be more interesting.

ETA: I've always wanted to try moonshine. I've heard that the really good stuff is.... really good! IOW, good tasting. I wonder, if anyone's tried it, does it taste like Southern Comfort?

The chances of my getting actual really good moonshine are probably very small.

Southern Comfort is a cherry-flavored bourbonish gross liquor. Moon shine is not all the different than vodka. You can buy it in most liquor stores nowadays. They usually put it in mason-type jars to make it seem "authentic." It's okay for what it is, but it's nothing special.

The episode was kinda slow, but I still enjoyed it. Wish more had happened, but it looks like next week will be more interesting.

Southern Comfort is a cherry-flavored bourbonish gross liquor. Moon shine is not all the different than vodka. You can buy it in most liquor stores nowadays. They usually put it in mason-type jars to make it seem "authentic." It's okay for what it is, but it's nothing special.

Huh. On "Moonshiners" they make it sound like something really out of the world.

I've actually had some authentic moonshine (my dad has some connections ;) ) and, yeah, it's harsh. It is about 20x smoother than Everclear, however. I can sip the real thing and it only causes me to make a face. Watching Beth down it like 7up had me wincing. That little light-weight should have been face-down in a pile of her own vomit.

I loved this episode.

I am thrilled that they developed Beth's character to this degree. It was great to see Daryl vulnerable but I think I enjoyed Beth's journey a bit more.

I know some don't like the pacing but I do. I like seeing the characters develop this way and I don't find it boring at all.

And yah, white cardigan just wasn't the best idea.

Was anyone else thinking WTF when Daryl whipped it out to pee in his house :o ??

I'm not so sure I like the Daryl + Beth = <3 thing but I spose I will adjust.

YES!

I was like, Daryl, c'mon.

As far as D+B goes, though they couldn't say anything on TD, I got the feeling its more platonic and the scene a plot device for character development and unanswered questions about them.

I loved this episode more than any so far. That was great...two of my favorites getting more time on screen,opening up,sharing...what's not to like. I love it :)

Ending was great contrast to how the episode started with them inside the trunk,staying silent all the time...

Re: Beth and Daryl...I don't mind...I don't think it's where it's going...I don't get that kind of vibe...and the show itself isn't big on romance...remember him and Carol?...but if it happens :dunno: whatever.

Daryl character development is always good thing.

So who do you think is in bigger danger...Beth or Daryl?

I'd have thought a thorough/in-bred redneck wouldn't think twice about statutory rape, Really weird vibe running throughout the episode.

Have to see these "character" episodes are pretty dull. It's highlighting how none of them are that interesting when in small groups. Iromically the Gov was the best attempt at this. I fear the fact they got a whole episode to themselves means Tyreese and co will get a whole episode too. Probably featuring confessions. Guess it pads out the season until/if they reach Haven at the end of the season.

I thought it was a good episode. A good little character study on a fan favorite and one of the quietest lesser known cast members. I think the actress who plays Beth summed up that arc nicely on Talking Dead: she was mourning and knew the only way to avoid giving up and just laying down and crying was to give herself a goal to move toward, even one as empty as getting a drink. And when she reached her goal she had no choice but to finally look at the bigger picture and that is that she just saw her father murdered and everyone she knows is scattered or dead and she's stuck with an angsty redneck who looks like he's about one step away from eating a bullet (Reedus confirmed on TD that he thinks if Daryl didn't have someone like Beth to watch over he would have "checked out").

I'm afraid for Beth now, though. Minor characters who get major episode features like that usually aren't long for the world.

Next week looks intense. At least, the scene with Maggie, Bob and Sasha in the heavy fog did.

Huh. On "Moonshiners" they make it sound like something really out of the world.

I tried the Irish equivelent Poitín and it tasted a bit like how I'd imagine nail polish remover does. It was the proper stuff(brewed in the wilds of Cork), not the legel version which I've never tried.

I tried the Irish equivelent Poitín and it tasted a bit like how I'd imagine nail polish remover does. It was the proper stuff(brewed in the wilds of Cork), not the legel version which I've never tried.

Whether here or in Ireland, if it tastes good, it's not the real deal. :D

I thought it was a good episode. A good little character study on a fan favorite and one of the quietest lesser known cast members. I think the actress who plays Beth summed up that arc nicely on Talking Dead: she was mourning and knew the only way to avoid giving up and just laying down and crying was to give herself a goal to move toward, even one as empty as getting a drink. And when she reached her goal she had no choice but to finally look at the bigger picture and that is that she just saw her father murdered and everyone she knows is scattered or dead and she's stuck with an angsty redneck who looks like he's about one step away from eating a bullet (Reedus confirmed on TD that he thinks if Daryl didn't have someone like Beth to watch over he would have "checked out").

I'm afraid for Beth now, though. Minor characters who get major episode features like that usually aren't long for the world.

Next week looks intense. At least, the scene with Maggie, Bob and Sasha in the heavy fog did.

You nailed it, and totally agree with the analysis.

The irony is is in this world, Daryl was able to become a better man whereas in the old world, he would have just continued to drift around with Merle. On some level, at one point, it looked as though Hershel might have reached Merle a bit.

Who knew that Merle liked to read?

But with Shane, it seems this world brought out the monsters in him that always seemed just under the surface, and something that Rick characteristicly would never have seen, hence Dales statement about him being made for this new world.

I hadn't considered the dreaded "character development before death". Beth has been pretty interesting this season and it would be interesting to see how she turns out as she grows older. she's in the tricky middle ground of being almost an adult but not quite which is a POV none of the other characters have.

Interesting that Reedus thinks Daryl would have killed himself if on his own - gives the insults about Beth's attempted suicide another angle.

Archived