Westeros.org's Facebook/Twitter teaser

The Human Abstract

Dawn = Lightbringer

There is no way that'd be confirmed in this book (which is "written" by a maester) and then that not be known to people like Mel or even Bran when he first mentions the sword. The best we would get is that Dawn originates from around the time of the Long Night, but that wouldn't be confirmation.

Does anyone know if WoIaF covers the current timeline (around AGoT) or just what happened before it?

IIRC the WoIaF is supposed to be a Maester's book about the known world (especially Westeros), that Robert Baratheon gets on the day he ascends the throne, so anything past Robert's Rebellion should not be in there.

So possibilities? Something about:

• "Dragonblood"/Valyrian related

House Dayne/Dawn related

Lineage info (Tag blood in Stark line, Skagosi grandmother for stark children, etc.)

Any other "long held theory" that could be confirmed in tWoIaF?

I actually think, that it is the third point, that you have raised. I am pretty sure, that it is the Eddard's mother comes from Skagos (House Magnar). I do not think, that it is the first option, since GRRM has stressed again and again, that Targs are not fireproof and that the House, that has the closest connection to its sigil is actually House Stark and not House Targaryen.

"It's a logistical detail connected to a popular theory"

(Westeros twitter message)

"Logistics is the management of the flow of resources between the point of origin and the point of consumption." (Wikipedia)

Yeah, dragonblood seems likely to me too.

The thing is, the Targaryens seem rather proud of their "Blood of the Dragon"- origin. They have a dragon on their banner and Dany uses the phrase proudly as well. I doubt that this would be the case if crossbreeding was the answer.

Wait a sec there. Someone just asked me about why I feel Jon Snow was at Starfall. They did not ask me in connection to what I tweeted earlier. Maybe they were asking because they're speculating that's what my tweet was about... but I can say quite firmly that my original tweet does not concern Jon's presence or lack of presence at Starfall.

Perhaps it has to do with the dragon blood of Varys (Brightflame) and Illyrio (through Blackfyre).

If we get confirmation that Maelys had a sister or daughter or that Aerion's son lived in Lys we can take that theory to the bank.

A logistical detail relating to a popular theory.

To me logistical would be the time it takes to get from one place to another or fitting something in something else. My guess is that it's the time it takes Ned to travel around Westeros rules him out as Jon's father or something similar.

A logistical detail relating to a popular theory.

To me logistical would be the time it takes to get from one place to another or fitting something in something else. My guess is that it's the time it takes Ned to travel around Westeros rules him out as Jon's father or something similar.

I have not seen anything on logistical detail, where is that coming from? I have only seen Ran just mention it has nothing to do with Jon and Starfall, there or not there. Did some new information get released outside of that? If not it is an open comment on just about anything and is probably related to the WoIaF.

Be glad that the author or co-author has at least removed one speculative theory. Speculation is great and fun but we will probably know only when the book comes out. Unless someone decides to throw the fans a bone. Until then it would appear to be a waiting game.

Not sure where the "popular theory" thing came from either. "Long-held" just means it's a notion we've had for a very long time. :)

Your Twitter. :)

"Elio & Linda@westerosorg

There's a special pleasure in having a long-held theory confirmed. #TWoIaF #ASoIaF

@westerosorg You're killing us. Is it a very popular theory?

@bataviajay It's a logistical detail connected to a popular theory."

Or is there something I don`t understand?

Archived