between Stannis and Tywin who is more similar in character to darth vader?

Lord Warwyck

Jon Snow

He starts off as whiny emo with only one parent, only wears black, and has a latent magical power that later joins a military order that doesn't allow marriage yet despite that he still engages in a secret relationship with a woman from a society with an elective monarchy. While, there he injuries his sword hand and rises in the ranks until he breaks from the order in an attempt to rescue a loved family member which leads to him being severely injured and left for dead.

Simply, he will only have to rise again as the Night's King in service of the Great Other and the analogy will be complete.

This would be true, but Alfie Allen said his story is similar to Luke Skywalker.

Jon Snow

He starts off as whiny emo with only one parent, only wears black, and has a latent magical power that later joins a military order that doesn't allow marriage yet despite that he still engages in a secret relationship with a woman from a society with an elective monarchy. While, there he injuries his sword hand and rises in the ranks until he breaks from the order in an attempt to rescue a loved family member which leads to him being severely injured and left for dead.

Simply, he will only have to rise again as the Night's King in service of the Great Other and the analogy will be complete.

Wooh! We have a winner!

I'd say Jaime is a close match to Darth Vader.

Started out as an idealistic warrior, somewhat of a prodigy, incredible swordsman, joined a noble order, betrayed his master, became evil, lost his hand and had it replaced, served an evil ruler, killed him, and is now on a path of redemption that might end with his death.

Oh, and he also has a forbidden relationship with a queen, and tried to kill a child (though Darth Vader killed many).

He killed his ruler at the end of a rebellion, helping the rebels to win.

Has a son and a daughter who don't know he's their father.

And was initially beaten by a bunch of Separatists (the Northerners).

And there's a prophecy about him!

The resemblance is uncanny. :eek:

Jaime is actually a fairly good fit for Darth Vader, though his "evil" is far more ambiguous than the fullblown atrocities committed by Vader. His path of redemption is also different: Jaime is trying to become the man he always wanted to be, but Vader steps away from the Dark side to become the man he once was.

Vader is a man completely ruled by passion (unchecked love slowly turned into a seething, endless hate against the universe). He has never craved personal power, only the means to save those he loves. He is content with taking orders as long as they give him a sense of purpose, and has no regard for laws or politics. How does any of this apply to Stannis or Tywin?

Jaime is actually a fairly good fit for Darth Vader, though his "evil" is far more ambiguous than the fullblown atrocities committed by Vader. His path of redemption is also different: Jaime is trying to become the man he always wanted to be, but Vader steps away from the Dark side to become the man he once was.

Vader is a man completely ruled by passion (unchecked love slowly turned into a seething, endless hate against the universe). He has never craved personal power, only the means to save those he loves. He is content with taking orders as long as they give him a sense of purpose, and has no regard for laws or politics. How does any of this apply to Stannis or Tywin?

Exactly, I think Jaime's a better match than either Stannis or Tywin.

Stannis and Tywin are leaders who bow to none.

Dany is Darth Vader. "You were the chosen one Dany!!"

Tyrion is Heisenberg. "I liked it. I was good at it."

Stannis is Batman. "This is no magic swoooord."

Roose is Gus Fring. "You're not a cautious man at all."

Illyrio/Varys is Palpatine. "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design."

Davos is Alfred: "You still haven't given up on me?" -Batman/Stannis "Never."-Alfred/Davos

Stannis is a better match. Going from the light, to being corrupted by Mel's delusion, and coming back to the light for a noble death.

That said, the match is not perfect by far.

Pretty much this. Darth Vader has a redeeming quality in the end, would Tywin have that? I suppose so, if you by reedeming quality is referring to his own death. :cool4:

So... Redeption arc for Ramsay Snow then ? Har !

:ack: Nope. GRRM is subverting the trope by not having the son be a good guy. Of course if an unknown Bolton hidden with his aunt and uncle in the deserts of Dorne should appear claiming there is still good in Roose, I take back the trope subversion statement. ;)

Archived