[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

WinterKing

My friend was wondering if Dontos will be important at all. She's a big fan of Petyr so I told her "He speaks with Petyr's voice" :lol: and that the necklace would be important.

My brother thinks Jon Snow will be legitimized and become King of either the North or even Westeros.

My dad thought that Dany would arrive in Westeros on the back of her dragons this season, until I accidentally let slip that in the books she's basically lost all interest in her previously life-consuming goal (which I suppose tends to happen when you get married?).

My friend said Arya could be a Queen with the way she acted in her final scenes. Queen Stark he said. I had to school him on how it's not all about who sits on a damn throne. And alluded to the fact she gets her own storyline apart from the rest. He was upset and said, but it's called Game of Thrones! And I said, only the first of 7 books was called that!

My friend said Arya could be a Queen with the way she acted in her final scenes. Queen Stark he said. I had to school him on how it's not all about who sits on a damn throne. And alluded to the fact she gets her own storyline apart from the rest. He was upset and said, but it's called Game of Thrones! And I said, only the first of 7 books was called that!

The whole "who's going to win the Throne?" or "Who do you think belongs on the Throne?" thing, as if every character is a contender, is pretty grating

Arya as Queen of the 7 Kingdoms? :bang:

Yeah, my boyfriend was like "YEAH. GO ARYA!" And I was like "... you don't find it sad or creepy? She's completely lost everything about her identity other than her drive for vengeance."

And he was like "I can see her eventually ending up with a black heart, but basically I'm fine with it because F those guys."

So ... the show really doesn't seem to be delivering on the whole "this is a really dark and sad path Arya is going down." But maybe it's too early to tell.

Family responses:

1. Oberyn Martell is going to kill all the Lannisters at Joffrey's wedding just like they killed all the Starks! (this was a pretty good guess I thought)

2. The dragons are going to go wild and kill someone, hopefully not Daenarys or the cute little brown girl (wtf) - again, another good premonition well hinted at in the episode.

3. Jaime Lannister needs to bitchslap Joffrey like Tyrion did. (I explained he can't do that now that Joffrey's the king but they said he still needed slapped again LOL)

4. Arya Stark is a BAMF and needs to avenge her family by killing the Lannisters along with Oberyn so maybe they should go back to King's Landing and the Hound will help her.

Two biggest thoughts from my non-reader friends:

"I can't wait til Dany gets to Westeros! It's gonna be soon, right?"

and

"I can't wait til Sam tells Jon that Bran and Rickon are alive!.... wait, why didn't this happen?"

They also think Oberyn will be killing a Lannister for sure, and are confused why Arya doesn't head to the Wall. They're also very confused why Sansa has completely forgotten about Jon. She certainly knows where he is.

My brother was so mad that the show was making him like Jaime Lannister. He was like "I wanna hate this asshole but they keep making me like him." He also loves Oberyn because he hates the Lannisters so much. He predicted Oberyn was gonna kill Joffrey.

biggest thought from my non-reader friends:

"I can't wait til Dany gets to Westeros! It's gonna be soon, right?"

On this point I break the 'No Spoilers Rule'.

I explain to them that:

• She is still half a planet away

Still has no ships to get her army there (needs a LOT of ships)

Has 50,000+ mouths to feed

Has dragons that are not yet fully grown, are untrained 'teenagers', and can't be ridden yet

Has yet to find two other dragon-riders.

All that isn't really a spoiler and it prepares them to accept the coming Meeren Years.

Without exception, that explanation has stopped any question about "When is she going to Westeros?". They start thinking of the logistics and many of them actually start paying attention to other storylines instead of solely on the 'Hottie with the dragons"

Archived