Ned Not Dead because Sansa is unreliable.

Mdoggy

ETA: I agree however that Sansa has a lot of unreliable source for information..... So I never trust anything that happens to her when there isn't another coherent character to back up the facts of the event.

Could you perhaps give any textual evidence that Sansa is unreliable source for information except for unkiss?

The High Septon himself chides Cersei when she complains about the filth covering the steps of the Great Sept of Baelor; he says that the dirt can be washed away, but not the blood (i.e. Lord Eddard Stark's blood).

If the High Septon is willing to believe Ned is dead, well then ... so am I. ;)

ETA: Welcome! :cheers:

Rhaegar faked his death and is now building his heros army: Ned, Arthur Dayne, Syrio, Loras, the Hound, Balon, WizardAemon and GreyWind are all recruited by faking their own death for the last battle against Evil.

You missed Rayobb Westark

Rhaegar faked his death and is now building his heros army: Ned, Arthur Dayne, Syrio, Loras, the Hound, Balon, WizardAemon and GreyWind are all recruited by faking their own death for the last battle against Evil.

Lyanna would object to being left out of this battle too, tbh

George R.R. Martin said he was setting her up as an unreliable narrator.

What you should understand about GRRM's comments regarding this is that he probably meant Sansa's memories have the possibility of being unreliable. I said this in another thread:

I'm of the opinion that GRRM meant she is unreliable in her recollections, not her observations. Simply, the UnKiss was a later fabrication in her mind. It's clear that it didn't happen.

I honestly hate that SSM. I love that he likes to toy with us, I really do, but too often is his mention of her being a slightly unreliable narrator taken to mean "Sansa's chapters and view cannot be trusted at all! We must question everything about her!"

It's quite simply a mistake to think that Sansa's whole character and chapters are unreliable when there are many examples of her having quite the observational mind.

Lyanna would object to being left out of this battle too, tbh

Yeah, the army will turn up at the Wall as reinforcement against the Others.

Jon spots Ned and runs up to him

"Dad! I thought you were dead.... Who are your friends?" he asks, looking at the silver haired man and woman that looks like an older Arya. They all share an uncomfortable glance. "Well...this is awkward.."

This is obviously how R+L=J is going to be revealed. ;)

"Dad! I thought you were dead.... Who are your friends" he says, looking at the silver haired man and woman that looks like an older Arya. They all share an uncomfortable glance. "Well...this is awkward.."

Nah Jon will know who is real father is even after the revelation: Ned. Fuck Rhaegar, upbringing is more important than blood. (see my signature)

"Dad! I thought you were dead.... Who are your friends?" he asks, looking at the silver haired man and woman that looks like an older Arya. They all share an uncomfortable glance. "Well...this is awkward.."

Add King Bob to the mix and you have yourself a really, really awkward situation. That'll be about the time to break out the popcorn if it wasn't for the impending, you know, ice apocalypse :cheers:

Nah Jon will know who is real father is even after the revelation: Ned. Fuck Rhaegar, upbringing is more important than blood. (see my signature)

:agree:

Jon has Ned written all over him, in appearance and personality .Rhaegar didn't get his Visenya but Ned got his Bastard, that's the way I see it too.

Although, I really wish we knew what Rhaegar would have thought about Jon being more Stark than Targaryen.

Add King Bob to the mix and you have yourself a really, really awkward situation. That'll be about the time to break out the popcorn if it wasn't for the impending, you know, ice apocalypse :cheers:

We'll throw Elia and Catelyn in there as well, I think. :lol:

I actually sometimes wondered if he toyed with the idea that Ned lives somehow. After all, everyone thinks "Okay, for Jon to grow up, Ned must die" (like Duke Leto and his son Paul Atreides) so its a shocker if he lived.

Mainly, because Sansa said she couldn't recognize ned's head when joff showed her, and varys's offer to save him. Do we know what their conversation ended with? (Wasn't a letter involved too? To jon?)

But nah, Ned is Dead.

Archived