(BOOK SPOILERS) Predictions

furiousmoose0

Lady Stoneheart to be pushed back to season 5. There has to be something to do next season.

LS has to be in and BWB has to come back to at some point WTH was with Arya putting Beric and Thoros in her kill list.

And LS what was the point with Berics resurrection, what was the point Sansa saying they threw her body in the river with throat cut.

Seriously the showrunners DESERVE to give us an explanation of what is going on. Because they are seriously getting ridiculous now. Its like they are teasing book readers now just to be cruel

Not really necessary, and in any event that would be contingent on them keeping the reprise of that line, which the show has a very inconsistent track record on (particularly in non-Tyrion scenes).

They're not waiting for the books. They've said that repeatedly, and it would go against all logic in a seven season show.

Actually they haven't.

They've actually said they hope they don't catch up to the books and GRRM has said that 7 season might not include the whole series as he is considering having actual movies for the completion of series.

It's also possible that they filmed that part and that was what Lena was referencing. I would be surprised if they were not filming some things in advance given they have renewal confirmed.

Why would they film that in advance? It be surprising if that was what they were doing, not the other way around -- each season has its own budget and filming schedule. The fact that they've got a multi-season renewal (which they didn't have when filming the fourth season, I don't believe) is irrelevant.

They've actually said they hope they don't catch up to the books and GRRM has said that 7 season might not include the whole series as he is considering having actual movies for the completion of series.

Martin speculated about doing movies as a way to give himself more time to write. The producers have ruled out stopping the show or doing filler seasons, and they've said they want to finish the show with seven seasons. And no, HBO is never going to switch over to doing movies, as that would screw over their subscriber base and leave them with an unfinished TV product. It would also exponentially increase costs, as they'd have to renegotiate with all the actors. It's not happening.

Saying that they hope they won't catch up to the books doesn't mean they aren't prepared to, and they are, from all indicators, given all the details they've had GRRM give them.

Also, if there is no LS, I have zero idea where they are taking Brienne's story. Zero.

That's why I think Lady Stoneheart will be in the episode.

IDGAF, that Lime guy is lying. There would be other people who are actual critics with Emmy votes who would have said they got to see the finale.

also has anyone thought that lena's post might have been just a coincidence. in that she was actually just referring to the heart she made out of stones in her garden lol?

lol.

I don't think it's a coincidence. Either she was spoiling, or purposefully trolling.

Would be mean if she was just raising people's hopes for no reason.

LS has to be in and BWB has to come back to at some point WTH was with Arya putting Beric and Thoros in her kill list.

And LS what was the point with Berics resurrection, what was the point Sansa saying they threw her body in the river with throat cut.

Seriously the showrunners DESERVE to give us an explanation of what is going on. Because they are seriously getting ridiculous now. Its like they are teasing book readers now just to be cruel

Pushing LS may be ok for non book readers because they don't know what the hell LS is and there will be good stuff in finale. But what of book readers? Honestly, it's just....getting a little bit much to put up with.

I really stupidly though that we'd see Nymeria pulling Cat out of the river in 3x10 so I'm not getting my hopes up for Stoneheart but I really do hope it happens. All this waiting for it has been killing me, it had such an impact on me in the books I've really been looking forward to seeing it one day on screen.

Haha, glad to help. You're right about end of next season being too late, because there's nothing else for Brienne to do. Biter and Rorge (and Locke) are dead, she'll know the Hound is a dead-end (maybe literally, at her hands), and there's no living Stark relatives that would be logical for her to pursue. So honestly, what else would Brienne do next year? Her storyline needs LS.

It needs it bad, unless they decide to make up stuff for her, but they'd need a very strong imagination for that one

Well I hope you're right. Because my approach towards the show now is Mia Wallace, flat lining.

And LS is my adrenaline injection to make things all right.

I hope I'm right too, and really all logic points to her being in. Plus we know we're getting Cersei's walk next year, so tuning in for that build-up alone would be worth it.

LOL, now I'm doubting my memory, he did say AGAIN, right?

Uhh, just checked. No, sadly, but that is a really significant look Jaime gives him. So.... :dunno:

Lena putting the picture of "her stone heart" up probably does mean that LS is in.. look at the picture of her and the guy who played Oberyn, looking back at that now, she did spoil how he would die, but no one noticed/paid attention to ot until after the episode aired...

What was this season though? I don't think we can have 2 years of that.

well she only had 2 scenes of that this season, in affc she has mutliple pov chapters of that. anyways aren't people a fan of septon meribald here?? maybe they'll cast him for next season

Brienne's storyline is also decomposing itself. No Brave Companions, no Quiet Isle depending on the Hound's outcome this ep, she has an idea where Sansa and Arya are (instead of vaguely wandering around without proper knowledge)...

Cutting out LS would pretty much cut out all the storyline she has left.

What was this season though? I don't think we can have 2 years of that.

We definitely can't. Actually, the fact that they've made a mockery (of sorts) of her "looking for maid of three and ten" speech convinces me it won't happen.

All right, thoughts on the recap video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOH3Qs99Lw

• The final scene of the recap is where "The Watchers on the Wall" ended, with Jon heading out to meet Mance. Precedent suggests that this means that the episode will open at the Wall. This probably means Jon marching through the carnage of the previous night's battle into the Wildling camp, where he'll quickly be surrounded and taken to Mance. Whether or not this scene continues through their parley until Stannis arrives or jumps to another location remains to be seen.
  • Speaking of Stannis, I'm mildly annoyed that they reminded us of Stannis's intentions to head North in the recap, but I understand why they did it. Many Unsullied viewers seem to have forgotten that revelation from the end of Season 3, and the few who have bothered to speculate about where he might be headed seem to think that he's making another attempt to take King's Landing. This video dispells people of that notion, but should also mitigate people whining that Stannis showing up at the Wall to save the Night's Watch is a Deus Ex Machina that hasn't been set up in the show. I still think that the scene will be quite effective.
  • Showing us Ygritte's death could simply be them offering due diligence to the preceding episode, especially since Mance will probably mention Ygritte to Jon during their parley. However, I'm hopeful that this means that we'll get to see her funeral pyre (this would coincide with that shot from the first trailer featuring Melisandre at the Wall, staring into a roaring flame).
  • Tysha was not mentioned in the recap, so those speculating that she might not come up in Tyrion's confrontation with Tywin have that to help their case. I still think that the show has mentioned her frequently enough that she could still be discussed, but we'll see.
  • Elsewhere in this week's addition of "Parsing Words and Their Potential Meaning or the Absence Thereof", Brienne specifically mentions her vow to Lady Catelyn in this recap. That doesn't confirm Lady Stoneheart's presence in the episode by any stretch of the imagination (she could just as easily reiterate that line to Arya and the Hound) but it's at least as worthy of notice as the absence of Tysha.
  • Bloodraven, the dragons killing a child, and Arya using Jaqen's coin to earn passage to Braavos are all explicitly confirmed. We knew all this already, but official confirmation is always nice.

Cutting out LS would pretty much cut out all the storyline she has left.

Yeah, and LS leads to important moments for Jamie - well we think they will be important in TWOW.

Brienne is also a important show character that people love. They're not going to take away her huge moment.

TBH, maybe I'll be an idiot, but if LS is not in the finale, I will continue to believe she could shopw up next season depending on where Brienne's arc ends in the finale

Archived