(BOOK SPOILERS) Predictions

furiousmoose0

I certainly do hope you're right

That the Lime guy saying he's watched the episode and that there were no LS might be legit.

Where does he say that there's no LS? I read all of his recent posts and he doesn't spoil anything.

So.......you want them to show things to hint at what's coming, but in the next sentence you're mad about the Stannis thing.

Stop making the Stannis thing stand out on it's own. Why aren't you mad that they hinted that Arya was going to use her coin? Or that the dragons were going to act up? Or that Brienne was going to maybe find Arya?????

You have to stop coming at this stuff with your own biases as a book reader.

I complain, but there's nothing I could do about it, so they should at least be consistent. And they usually are, which apparently means we're not getting Arya refusing to kill the Hound, which makes me angry. I might be jumping to conclusions, but we'll see soon enough.

They never actually called it "the gift of mercy" in the episode or anything like that, so I'm not sure there'd be much to be gained from recapping that moment. The Hound asking Arya to kill him and Arya refusing is wholly comprehensible on its own terms.

Doesn't matter. Just show the bit where he says "you remember where the heart is?"

idk maybe they just want to leave some shocker moments for season 5. season 4 has had plenty of shocker moments

It's also possible that they filmed that part and that was what Lena was referencing. I would be surprised if they were not filming some things in advance given they have renewal confirmed.

idk maybe they just want to leave some shocker moments for season 5. season 4 has had plenty of shocker moments

I would agree with this, but: They can't leave it to the end of season 5, as Brienne will probably ebnd up having nothing to do for the season. Having it at the start won't work as people may complain saying 'the whole Catelyn thing hasn't been explained properly"...

Having her at the end of season 4 means thy can offical announce her for season 5, and not have to be extremely secretive when it comes to filming etc. If they keep it for season 5, they will probably need a new actress playing LS as having Michelle Fairly on set will likely attract a lot of attention, which they liekly don't want...

Can't believe we discuss again about a troll.

And what would it bring us? Nothing. The recap subtly confirmed a huge moment for Brienne where her loyalty is questioned.

Showing Berric would spoil it.

I don't know. For me, she's in.

So does lime actually say something specific, that only someone who has seen it could know, not just something vague.

Of course not.

I actually came to this board to get a away from the immature boards. I expected more from you guys. I didn't think you were so easily manipulated by trolls. Please stop referencing other sites.

I think the Recap "spoiling" Stannis is more so people who forgot don't call BS on him showing up at the last second.

At this point if you didn't read the books you are thinking Jon might die this episode. That is the cliffhanger they are pointing you toward in that story.

You also think Tyrion may die, or escape, but you have no clue what he is actually going to do.

Look at each episode as a the writers spending some of the story. Every one of the 10 episodes needs a big finish.

This season.

Episode 1, Hound and Arya kick ass.

Episode 2 Purple Wedding

Episode 3 Siege of Mereen

Episode 4 Crasters Keep capture, white walkers reveal

Episode 5 Battle at Crasters Keep (these last two diverging from the book for 'action beats')

Episode 6 Tyrion Trial

Episode 7 Moondoor drop

Episode 8 Viper vs Mountain

Episode 9 Battle at the wall.

Stannis coming to the Wall isn't the big deal in this episode. Tyrion killing Tywin and Shae is the big deal in this episode. Meaning they are "spending" lot of story currency. But both of these things are a big deal. Both of these things could have been the big "thing" in this episode. They added a cliffhanger and a battle not in the books to the middle of the season to make sure there were coffee table things in each episode.

Now I hope the have LS in this episode, but I also wonder if they don't want to save that for an episode that actually needs the twist at the end.

It doesn't matter if people call BS since the people doing that are wrong. Also every Stannis fan to your second comment about Stannis.

There's the musical hints from the soundtrack, there's Lena's instagram, there's 2 mentions of "Catelyn Stark" in the promo, there's the explicit mention of Brienne's oath, plus there's basic common sense that they've never skipped major plot points. Was CH cut? Sure. But Bran is still ending up where he needs to be. LS is a major supernatural precedent and important character. She's in (I'm 98% convinced of this).

Yes, keep on talking please, you're like my security blanket.

Lady Stoneheart to be pushed back to season 5. There has to be something to do next season.

Beginning and mid-season would be anti-climatic, end would be too late

Just show the bit where he says "you remember where the heart is?"

Not really necessary, and in any event that would be contingent on them keeping the reprise of that line, which the show has a very inconsistent track record on (particularly in non-Tyrion scenes).

Look, they have 20 episodes they need to have a "Thing" happen in before they have a new book.

They're not waiting for the books. They've said that repeatedly, and it would go against all logic in a seven season show.

Yes, keep on talking please, you're like my security blanket.

Beginning and mid-season would be anti-climatic, end would be too late

Haha, glad to help. You're right about end of next season being too late, because there's nothing else for Brienne to do. Biter and Rorge (and Locke) are dead, she'll know the Hound is a dead-end (maybe literally, at her hands), and there's no living Stark relatives that would be logical for her to pursue. So honestly, what else would Brienne do next year? Her storyline needs LS.

I don't know if I don't get a joke here or if you really felt offended by my joke that was directed at basically everyone in the thread and was meant as a nice little joke..

Anyway....

I wouldn't have minded the first version of your post, because I would have gotten it and would have just jumped on it and countered the friendly joke ;)

So....did I really offend you with my previous post? If so sorry, was not my intention.

No! Not at all. I am also sorry if I offended you.

I edited the post because of, you know, the mods.

Anyway, let's just get back to the episode and not sidetrack like last time.

It's also possible that they filmed that part and that was what Lena was referencing. I would be surprised if they were not filming some things in advance given they have renewal confirmed.

That is what I was thinking too.

Haha, glad to help. You're right about end of next season being too late, because there's nothing else for Brienne to do. Biter and Rorge (and Locke) are dead, she'll know the Hound is a dead-end (maybe literally, at her hands), and there's no living Stark relatives that would be logical for her to pursue. So honestly, what else would Brienne do next year? Her storyline needs LS.

Well I hope you're right. Because my approach towards the show now is Mia Wallace, flat lining.

And LS is my adrenaline injection to make things all right.

i guess she could wander around looking for sansa like she does in affc

It will be disappointing if LS isn't in the finale, because I think the finale is going to be amazing otherwise, and I feel like that will take over the discussion online in certain forums, and that's sad.

Of course - at that point the discussion will change to whether they are saving the LS reveal to season 5, where there aren't many episode ending moments at all (seriously, this is going to be something they will have to deal with)

Archived